Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-16, 03:27 PM   #781
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

To quote Pete Townsend: "Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss"...

<O>
Old 02-01-16, 03:29 PM   #782
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Icon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
A simple question, perhaps not so simple after all.

What kind of domestic politics could the American expect if one of the Dem. candidates or the Rep. candidates wins Presidential election?

What kind of foreign policy, can we expect if one of the Dem. candidates or one of the Rep candidates win?

Markus
Prepare for WW3

Start WW3

Lets hope not.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-01-16, 03:44 PM   #783
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Prepare for WW3

Start WW3

Lets hope not.
I have heard this, if Trump should win it will mean WW3, but what with the other Rep Candidate. ? Will The be more wars where USA is directly or indirectly involved ?

The same question goes for Hillary and the other Dem. Candidate.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 02-01-16, 03:50 PM   #784
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
The same question goes for Hillary and the other Dem. Candidate.

Markus
I was reading some where in a news paper or magazine the Democrats would like another war and Hillary is all for it! But as I recall from the article they did not in any way prove their case, which makes you think media sensation article.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-01-16, 05:22 PM   #785
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
A simple question, perhaps not so simple after all.

What kind of domestic politics could the American expect if one of the Dem. candidates or the Rep. candidates wins Presidential election?

What kind of foreign policy, can we expect if one of the Dem. candidates or one of the Rep candidates win?

Markus
Far too early for that kind of speculation.

Heck.....some Americans aren't even sure what the policy of the current POTUS is.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-01-16, 06:06 PM   #786
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

If our side wins, domestic policy will get slightly better, but they will try and block any real improvement. Around the world, America will be universally loved, strong and powerful, and will dominate the economic scene.

If their side wins, they will do everything to make America the worst country in the world. Everything will go to hell in a handbasket as we blindly charge down the path to total destruction and ruin. America will be reviled on the world stage, and every other country will become a major superpower, with our help.

And I know this is completely accurate, because I've heard them saying the exact same thing!
Old 02-01-16, 06:29 PM   #787
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
If our side wins, domestic policy will get slightly better, but they will try and block any real improvement. Around the world, America will be universally loved, strong and powerful, and will dominate the economic scene.

If their side wins, they will do everything to make America the worst country in the world. Everything will go to hell in a handbasket as we blindly charge down the path to total destruction and ruin. America will be reviled on the world stage, and every other country will become a major superpower, with our help.

And I know this is completely accurate, because I've heard them saying the exact same thing!
LOL

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-01-16, 06:49 PM   #788
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
I have heard this, if Trump should win it will mean WW3...
I remember people saying exactly the same thing about Ronald Reagan. The fact is that the President has limitations placed upon him that limit this sort of thing. Only Congress can declare war and Congress controls the money. We do manage to get involved in all sorts of "non-wars" that get a lot of our soldiers killed, but it happens no matter which side wins and it seems to have a mind of its own.

@ Razark: Very well put! And of course it goes all the way back to 1800: "If Jefferson is elected, murder, robbery, rape, adultery and incest will be openly taught and practiced, the air will be rent with the cries of the distressed, the soil will be soaked with blood and the nation black with crimes!"
Old 02-01-16, 08:01 PM   #789
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
"If Jefferson is elected, murder, robbery, rape, adultery and incest will be openly taught and practiced, the air will be rent with the cries of the distressed, the soil will be soaked with blood and the nation black with crimes!"
Do you think they could actually see the future or did they just make a lucky guess?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-01-16, 10:00 PM   #790
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Good news! Vermin Supreme is currently polling ahead of Jim Gilmore, bringing us ever closer to the day when every American will have a free pony.

Old 02-01-16, 10:17 PM   #791
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Looks like O'Malley is dropping out, so that's a point to Neal, me, Bilge_rat and Becker67 at least.
Carson, meanwhile, has gone back to Florida to change his pants.

So far it seems that Cruz is going to take this one, with Clinton squeaking in a narrow victory over Saunders.

EDIT: And there goes Huckabee as well.

Last edited by Oberon; 02-01-16 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-02-16, 06:21 AM   #792
Dan D
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

@Boss
Vot iss with Clinton and Sanders? We call it a draw here within the game? I have heard people had to throw the dice three times.

Do I get a point for Sanders? That should be fair if it is the same number of ecletic "electors".

Old 02-02-16, 06:58 AM   #793
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Bush and Christie should drop out soon also, you can't survive with such low results.

Looks like the next GOP nominee will be either Cruz or Rubio.
Old 02-02-16, 09:06 AM   #794
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
Bush and Christie should drop out soon also, you can't survive with such low results.

Looks like the next GOP nominee will be either Cruz or Rubio.

Not necessarily. Iowa is not what I call representative of all. Each state has it's own demographics. Each candidate is seen differently from state to state. Much to early to call.

However, simply stating FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE and the age group 18-29 that 84% voted for Bernie(IA) tells me his campaign is going to ride that from state to state. Even the the Free State. :-) Reach as many young voters promising FREE and watch Bernie reach the WH.
Old 02-02-16, 10:43 AM   #795
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan D View Post
@Boss
Vot iss with Clinton and Sanders? We call it a draw here within the game? I have heard people had to throw the dice three times.

Do I get a point for Sanders? That should be fair if it is the same number of ecletic "electors".
The Democratic Party has not officially declared a winner or tie, but news reports seem to indicate that Clinton has a couple more delegates, and about .02 more votes. If that changes, the contest results will be updated.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/...ies/2016-02-01

Quote:
Hillary Clinton appeared to narrowly overtake Democratic rival Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in Iowa, with all but one precinct reporting results by early Tuesday morning.

According to the Iowa Democratic Party (IDP), the former secretary of state received 699.57 state delegate equivalents, while Sanders was awarded 695.49. Results from Des Moines, the remaining precinct, were still trickling in on Tuesday, but it's not worth enough votes for Sanders to move to first place. There is no mechanism for a recount.

Still, the outcome was so close that IDP Chair Andy McGuire called the results a "virtual tie." (See the latest results here.)

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump