SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-09-22, 03:40 PM   #1
mwigg3
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default incomplete mission

hello!

I`m on a mission in east side of africa and my homebase is Penang. I have been in the patrol area for over 24 hours and sunken two ships. in the missionmap it says that everything is incomplete.
Anybody else had problem with that?

GWX 3.0 Gold

GWX - Alternative Flotillas
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
GWX - Alternate Loadscreen - Full Circle
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - Indian Ocean Campaign Files Only
mwigg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 03:50 PM   #2
jonny_bass26
Sailor man

Downloads: 23

If you're referring to the "reach patrol grid/patrol for 24hrs" objectives, I wouldn't worry about it - mine doesn't register either. Pretty sure it's a problem with either the base game or GWX and not your install. Besides, the game doesn't give renown for completing those objectives anyway, so you're not really missing out on anything.
jonny_bass26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 03:54 PM   #3
mwigg3
Watch

ok, thanks! good to hear
Old 08-09-22, 04:07 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

On getting go to grid XXXX, & patrol for 24 hrs...

is important to note, that for the entirety of those 24 hours, once you cross that grid line, don't matter if you entered it, on the N, S, E or W side of that grid box... that you NEED to stay within that area...

Now, if in the process of chasing down a target, that crops up... & you inadvertently dip out of the assigned area... NOTE that ALL, is NOT lost on the time you had accrued prior to dipping out of the zone.

What this means, is... will have to tack on that extra bt of time, yu were outside of it, before the time bell, will gong, signifying that you completed that 24 hours patrol in area bell ringer.

Now... as johnny_bass26, points out... there are some patrols, that will be... bolluxed up on getting that bell to ring... just how many, NOT entirely sure...

With GWX, dunno if the gang, ran through the missions and ensured that all was set to rights there... or not... & if there, was NOT a case of some not allowing things to be set to right... as I seem to recall that there are some things, that no matter what gets done... just won't cooperate... no matter what.

Not saying that this is the case, here... just that I don't know & so... am NOT going to say that could or is the case here...

As johnny, rightly sussed out, renown, is NOT a factor (to the best of My knowledge here, at any rate... know that some mods/mod sets... do have renown assigned for completeing patrol here/24 hrs... or was the case, last I know of.) so.... use what torps/deck gun ammo ya got, sink some targets... which is the main thing here... yeah...

Get a good tonnage racked up & the rest'll sort itself out, in the wash.

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M.
Old 08-09-22, 04:48 PM   #5
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Page 634 of the GWX 3 Manual.

Completely removed all renown awards for reaching an assigned area and patrolling it for 24 hours

Old 08-09-22, 07:28 PM   #6
jonny_bass26
Sailor man

Downloads: 23

One thing I forgot to mention/clarify earlier: this issue of SH3 failing to recognize your arrival (and time spent) in a given patrol area seems to apply to any and all careers spent in waters outside of the base game's grid areas in the Atlantic/Med/North Sea etc; or, put another way, any and all patrols in the Indian and/or Pacific Oceans, and for that matter in the Black Sea (should you choose to undertake a 30th flotilla career), will be similarly affected.

But, as I said before, the good news is that your success as a kaleun is not affected by this in any way. As long as you keep sending Allied ships to the bottom, BdU's happy :-)
jonny_bass26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 04:47 PM   #7
mwigg3
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_bass26 View Post
One thing I forgot to mention/clarify earlier: this issue of SH3 failing to recognize your arrival (and time spent) in a given patrol area seems to apply to any and all careers spent in waters outside of the base game's grid areas in the Atlantic/Med/North Sea etc; or, put another way, any and all patrols in the Indian and/or Pacific Oceans, and for that matter in the Black Sea (should you choose to undertake a 30th flotilla career), will be similarly affected.

But, as I said before, the good news is that your success as a kaleun is not affected by this in any way. As long as you keep sending Allied ships to the bottom, BdU's happy :-)