SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-30-22, 06:06 PM   #1
Busted
Nub

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default Attack Plotter Not Working.

I purchased and installed Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition (v1.5) from Ubsoft.
The Attack Plotter was working fine then I installed the Real Fleet Boat 2.0 with patch Mod and the Attack Plotter stopped working correctly. The white x and the Black line for the Torpedo track are no longer there.
I looked everywhere and cannot find a fix.

If someone can help me out, I would surely appreciate it.

PS. I forgot to mention that I did push the button to activate the Position Keeper.

Last edited by Busted; 07-31-22 at 09:18 AM.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-22, 06:59 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15 Re: Welcome aboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted View Post
I purchased and installed Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition (v1.5) from Ubsoft.
The Attack Plotter was working fine then I installed the Real Fleet Boat 2.0 with patch Mod and the Attack Plotter stopped working correctly. The white x and the Black line for the Torpedo track are no longer there.
I looked everywhere and cannot find a fix.

If someone can help me out, I would surely appreciate it.

Ahoy, Busted...

Ok, now that greetings out of the way... let's proceed, shall weeee....

Sounds like... RFB or something in the patch, overwrote something needed in the Attack Plotter mod.

Might see of backing out the mods (meaning deactivate them, then... reactivate the RFB mods 1st... then... reactivate the Attack Plot mod after them & try again.

As for your game saves folder... should be able to keep that... just make sure to load the very last save of you, in base... know that'll mean of having to leave out on patrol if you're at sea, currently... BUT... consider it a small price to pay.

Hope this helps...

M. M.
Old 07-31-22, 09:41 AM   #3
Busted
Nub

Thanks for the suggestion Mad Mardigan

I activated the RFB mod by itself and that is when the issue starts (Note: The new Attack Plotting Table is part of the RFB mod). I then activated the RFB Patch (In this order RFB/Patch) hoping the patch would fix it, but it did not.

Thank you again and if you can think of anything else to try let me know.
Old 07-31-22, 10:10 AM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion Mad Mardigan

I activated the RFB mod by itself and that is when the issue starts (Note: The new Attack Plotting Table is part of the RFB mod). I then activated the RFB Patch (In this order RFB/Patch) hoping the patch would fix it, but it did not.

Thank you again and if you can think of anything else to try let me know.
So, the Attack Plotter, is NOT a separate mod in & of itself, then..?? It's part & parcel in the mod RFB, itself.??

Hmmm...

Dang, dang... double Dang...

Only thing I can think of, is doing a fresh clean install of it...

Just out of curiosity... just where do you have SH4 installed, are you using JSGME to activate things with RFB or are you free basing it... meaning, injecting the stuff from RFB into the SH4 install... like... Dr. Frankenstein... did you 4GB patch the SH4.exe or use Large Address Aware (which to me is simpler to do... 3 easy steps & done... just My own opinion on that...) & lastly... if you have any other copies of SH4 mod mixed, are you using MultiSH4 to keep the game save folders, separate from each of the other mod mix saves.

M. M.
Old 07-31-22, 12:53 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Busted!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 09:40 AM   #6
Busted
Nub

Mad Mardigan

I am going to try and answer your questions the best I can.
The location I installed sh4 is E:/Program Files/Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition
(Note: Not Program File (86)).

Yes I am using JSGME.

I don't know about "4GB patch the SH4.exe or Large Address Aware" I thought if I purchased the Gold Edition then I would not need the 1.5 patch or you may be talking about another patch and no I am not using (First time hearing of it) MultiSH4.

If you think I am needing the sh4.exe patch, Large Address Aware and/or MultiSH4 can you please point me in the right direction, and I am all ears if you have any advice.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 08-01-22, 10:58 AM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Mad Mardigan

I am going to try and answer your questions the best I can.
The location I installed sh4 is E:/Program Files/Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition
(Note: Not Program File (86)).

Yes I am using JSGME.

I don't know about "4GB patch the SH4.exe or Large Address Aware" I thought if I purchased the Gold Edition then I would not need the 1.5 patch or you may be talking about another patch and no I am not using (First time hearing of it) MultiSH4.

If you think I am needing the sh4.exe patch, Large Address Aware and/or MultiSH4 can you please point me in the right direction, and I am all ears if you have any advice.

Thanks again for your help.

*sighs*

Gold edition... by that am taking it that your SH4 source of copy, is Ubisoft...

Ok, No game, games launchers or their subsequent 'games' library, (this is where the launcher, sets up housekeeping for all games that you get either, free... or pay for. Ubi, Steam, Arc & others too many to name & not aware of. These listed, are the most known to me currently... other game sources, will just drop you the game when you download it by itself) should ever... EVER, be set up & installed in either of Window's "Program files" locations.

Did I mention... EVER. Can't state that, enough.

Reason for this is... UAC (Window's rabid pit bull guard dawg) watches over those areas, with a vengeance. In short, UAC, guards that terror-tory, with an iron fisted, Darth Vader, King Kong, Vulcan death grip. It (UAC) does NOT like, any & all tampering with folders & files... in its terror-tory, up to & including... even IF... you tell it that this can be done.

It will roll back & do its utmost, to roll back any & all... modifications done, to games if you chose to mod them... regardless of what game it is. Period.

When it does so, the end results range from... downright hilarious, to crash & BURN baaaby..... This applies to not only the game itself... but, thanks to UAC... your games save folder, is just as borked as your game install.

Now, all hope is NOT lost... there are a couple of different approaches to this... if you are NOT heavily invested in games obtained, there is the fairly quick though painful process of... slash & burn.

This entails, basically dumping the library completely... going back into the launcher for it & then... in settings/options for it, changing up the library location anywhere else (so long as it is NOT back to either "Program files" localities or in documents... in short, create your own "Games" folder in C or in another HD or eternal drive. Once that's done, is but a simple matter, to reinstall your games there.

The other is more involved... I know that Steam has a means to & a guide or manual on transferring your library from point A... to point B. With Ubi... soft, I would assume that somewhere, they too... have such a means. Myslef, I went the slash & burn... & I had a lot of games, when I did so... lemme tell you, BUT... despite the pain, it was well worth it.

Good, injecting mods in, is alright, so long as you know that the mods are NOT going to cause issues, bugs, problems with the game install... but... for those mods & this goes as well, for mod sets aka mega mod mixers... that will in all likelihood, undergo updates/upgrades... then using JSGME, is your best bet & is also your best bud, to do so. so, you're 1 up on the game there...

On 4GB patch, NO... this is NOT a patch, to convert your SH4 into v1.5 (the copy you have access to is already that, if as I infer from your stating it is Gold Edition, comes from Ubisoft. ) What that patch is... is a means to tell Window's, that your game (namely here... SH4) is to be afforded by the Op sys, full, unfettered access to ability to use 4 gigs of RAM access.

NOT that it will utilize all that access, it just signifies that it has that right to do so. Think of the patch, as like... a skeleton key, of sorts.

My opinion, Large Address Aware or LAA, for short... is by far, the simpler method to accomplish that... it is an application or .exe program, that you point to where your games .exe is, check mark it to Window's notification aka telling it hey dummy, this game has exec privileges to 4 gigs RAM, dumb dumb... & then finish off with finalizing that. Simple, 3 step process.

4GB patch, found here:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=2889

LAA, found here:
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/a...0_4-zip.34392/

Now...

MultiSH4, is advisable... if you are or intend to run more than 1 copy of SH4...

that said, there is a methodolgy, to successfully use more than 1 copy of Ubi's Gold edition SH4 copy... though, I was not able to... despite following the directions. I, DID, however... have success in doing multi copies of SH4 from Steam & have further refined not having to sign into Steam to play My mod sets I have set up & have at last count... 16 modded copies. Note, that 6 of those are test beds for mods & mod mixers... whereas the other 10, are career set ups that I do. 4 of those are different Operation area in nature... 1 in Manila, 1 out of Pearl, another in the Alaska theater & the final is a SubRon 50 ATO mix. Those are of TMOverhauled v2.5 Bubblehead revamped mega mods... just to let you know.

What this does, is assign each mod mix, its own game saves folder... so as to keep any chance of cross contamination, from occurring.

This, nifty tool... is (as is in My opinion, a copy of JSGME should be) best deposited into each game install folder & ran from there.

This tool, can be found, here:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...do=file&id=433

Whewwww.... ok, hope that by now... I didn't put you to sleep... &, hope that with this info... that it helps get you sorted out &... dare I say it.... awww what the heck... 'ship shape'...

Sorry, my weird sense of humor likes to crash the party, as it were... (Back guido... back, I say... *whip crack* )

Any who... hope this helps.

M. M.
Old 08-02-22, 12:32 AM   #8
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

I believe it was removed to add realism to the mod, as with the hydrophone bearing lines. I've never tried it, but this mod may fix it:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=1820
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote