SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-11-14, 08:54 AM   #16
Julke
Watch

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Great work Kaleun THEBERBSTER Just one idea. In order to get your walkthroughs better maintained, what do you think to creat e.g. word document and put it to download section? It's just an idea, newertheless, thank you for your effort. I wish to have such information before.. For me it was a tough and long way to mod SH5 until
Julke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 12:04 PM   #17
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Yes it is a good idea, I have had a look but cannot see how you would do it. It would also really need a new heading "Tutorials" so they would be found easily.

I am just working on a new tutorial that I will be posting soon on the "4 Bearing Method". Quite involved already spent over 10 hours on it.

The best I can offer at the moment is an email Word attachment. Just let me know your email address and what you are interested in and I will happily send it to you. This goes for anybody else who would prefer a word document.

If you have "Word" of course all you need to do is "shade the text" then "copy and paste" to a blank Word document, take out any coloured background and change the font etc to your liking.

just send me a PM with your email address.

Best wishes Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 12:21 PM   #18
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Yes it is a good idea, I have had a look but cannot see how you would do it. It would also really need a new heading "Tutorials" so they would be found easily.

I am just working on a new tutorial that I will be posting soon on the "4 Bearing Method". Quite involved already spent over 10 hours on it.

The best I can offer at the moment is an email Word attachment. Just let me know your email address and what you are interested in and I will happily send it to you. This goes for anybody else who would prefer a word document.

If you have "Word" of course all you need to do is "shade the text" then "copy and paste" to a blank Word document, take out any coloured background and change the font etc to your liking.

just send me a PM with your email address.

Best wishes Peter
Have you thought about making in-game tutorials? The script engine I made for SH5 (Automation) has many commands devoted just for making tutorials. In-game tutorials offer a greater learning experience because the user is actually using the game AND the controls necessary to do whatever the tutorial is teaching them. You get visual as well as physical interaction by the player. There are text files located in \data\Automation and data\Tutorials that explain all the current Automation commands available.

If you have ideas for new commands just let me know and I'll see what I can do
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 12:57 PM   #19
arnahud2
Frogman

Downloads: 724

Thank you TheBerbster for your very, very useful tutorials. One word :

arnahud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 06:46 PM   #20
THEBERBSTER

Hi TDW

Yes it is a great idea BUT I do not think I have the technical ability to do it.

I am just a 68 year old o.a.p.

I am just trying to help people in the best way that I can.
Old 03-12-14, 11:23 AM   #21
THEBERBSTER

Default 4 Bearing Method By Kuikueg + Video Links

Last updated 5th May 2018

4 Bearing Method by ‘Kuikueg’ and Videos by ‘Stoianm,’

Step By Step Tutorial

This method can be used with ‘Real Navigation’ or with ‘Map Contacts.’

This is a very useful ‘Attack Plan’ if you are in ‘Fog’ and will not be able to see a ‘Visual Contact.’

‘Stoianm’ has produced his ‘Tutorial Videos in 4 parts.’

In his ‘Tutorial’ Stoianm is using ‘Real Navigation’ and the ‘Hydrophone.’

There is nothing to say if you want to use the ‘Periscope’ at any time then that is up to you.

The ‘Kuikueg Method’ does not use the ‘True Bearing Method’ and also uses the ‘Protractor’ as the main tool rather than the ‘Compass.’

Important Note.

Please note that if you are using the ‘Stock Keyboard with W - A – S – D’ then you will not be able to use the ‘Z Key’ as this is used for ‘Rig For Silent Running.’ You will need to use the ‘Sonar Station’ or use ‘Follow Nearest Contact.’

Stormys_DBSM_ SH5_ V1.3 mod has the ‘Z Key’ function.

Stormys_DBSM_ SH5_ V1.3_Hotfix_3 (essential mod).

Link to Stormys mods.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164552&highlight=stormys+dbsm

As ‘Stormy’ uses ‘German Language’ in his mod you will also need to download this mod if you do not want to make manual changes in your ‘Silent Hunter Files.’

German U-Boat Crew Language Pack

Link to mod.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1465509&postcount=23

If you want to change your ‘Keyboard Layout’ you might be interested in this mod.

SH_Keymapper

Link to mod.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=168297

Link to YouTube Video 1 (Time 14 minutes)

My part in this Tutorial can be used with the ‘YouTube Videos’ and also as a ‘Stand Alone Tutorial.’

This might seem complicated but trust me it is not.

Just look at the video’s and it will all fall in to place.

All ‘Calculations’ and ‘Data’ are taken from the videos.

1. Set the ‘Speed’ to > 0 Knots.

2. Set the ‘Depth’ to > 19 metres.

3. Order the ‘Navigator’ to calculate our new position.

4. This needs to be done as ‘Stoianm’ is playing ‘Real Navigation’ at 100% and only our last plotted position is showing on the ‘Navigation Map’ and needs to be updated.

5. Go to the ‘Hydrophone Station’and search for a ‘Contact.’

6. ‘Contact’ found.

7. Send the Crew to ‘Battle Stations.’

8. Show the ‘Stopwatch.’

9. Press the ‘Z Key’ and start the ‘Stopwatch.’

10. ‘Contacts Bearing’ is showing ‘258 degrees.’

11. Pressing the ‘Z key’ anytime will show the ‘Contacts Bearing’ in the ‘Message Box.’

12. The ‘Navigator’ has calculated our position as ‘30 degrees.’

13. Take the ‘Ruler’ and draw out ‘30 degrees.’

14. Our ‘First Calculation’ will be 360 – 258 = 102 degrees on our ‘Left Side.’

15. Take the ‘Protractor’ ‘Zoom Out’ and draw ‘102 degrees.’

16. Now take the ‘Ruler’ and draw a line ‘On Top’ of the ‘Protractor Line’ near to the top of the ‘Protractor Line’ and down to the ‘U-Boat Mark.’ ‘Zoom Out’ so as to make an accurate mark.

17. Now take the ‘Compass’ and place this ‘On Top’ of the ‘Ruler Line’ and down to the ‘U-Boat Mark.’ ‘Zoom Out’ so as to get make an accurate mark.

18. ‘Bearing 1’ is now showing.

19. This process happens only on the ‘1st and the 3rd Bearings.’

20. You now have to decide how much time you are going to allow between the bearings.

21. This will depend on a number of factors.

22. The further the ‘Contact’ is away and closing will allow a longer time and a more accurate end result.

23. Ideally ‘30 Minutes’ is good. This gives enough time for the ‘Contact’ to move a distance for you to get at least 5 or 6 degrees of movement between bearings.

24. Whatever time you decide that time must be the same time for all of the ‘Bearing Calculations.’

25. Use ‘Time Compression’ to move the ‘Stopwatch’ time close to the ‘30 Minute Mark.’

26. When the ‘Stopwatch Hand’ goes to ‘30 Minutes’ immediately press the ‘Z Key.’

27. We now have our information to set up our ‘2nd Bearing’ ‘263 degrees.’

28. Our ‘2nd Calculation’ will be 360 – 263 = 97 degrees on our ‘Left Side.’

29. Take the ‘Protractor’ from ‘Line 1’ and move it until you see ‘97 degrees.’

30. Now take the ‘Ruler’ and draw a line ‘On Top Of the Protractor Line’ near the to the top and then down to the ‘U-Boat Mark.’ ‘Zoom Out’ so as to get an accurate mark.

31. ‘Bearing 2’ is now showing.

32. Use ‘Time Compression’ to move the ‘Stopwatch’ time close to the ‘30 Minute’ mark.

End of Video 1

Link to YouTube Video 2 (14 minutes)

33. When the ‘Stopwatch Hand’ goes to the ‘30 Minute Mark’ press the ‘Z Key.’

34. We now have our information to set up our ‘3rd Bearing’ ‘281 degrees.’

35. Our ‘3rd Calculation’ will be 360 – 281 = 79 degrees on our ‘Left Side.’

36. Take the ‘Protractor’ from ‘Line 2’ and move it until you see ‘79 degrees.’

37. Now take the ‘Ruler’ and draw a line ‘On Top’ of the ‘Protractor Line’ near to the top and then down to the ‘U-Boat Mark.’ ‘Zoom Out’ so as to get an accurate mark.

38. Now take the ‘Compass’ and place this ‘On Top’ of the ‘Ruler Line’ and then down to the ‘U-Boat Mark’ ‘Zoom Out’ so as to get an accurate mark.

39. ‘Bearing 3’ is now showing.

40. Move the ‘Protractor’ from the ‘3rd Bearing Line’ and move it out to the right. It does not matter where yet.

41. You will now notice that we have ‘2 Compass Circles’ passing through the ‘U-Boat Mark.’

42. With the ‘Marker’ put an ‘X’ about half way along our ‘2nd Bearing Line.’ ‘Zoom Out’ so your ‘X’ is accurately placed on the line.

43. This will be known as ‘Mark 1 on the 2nd Bearing Line.’

44. We now take a ‘Parallel Line’ by taking the ‘Compass’ and moving our ‘Compass Circle’ from ‘Line 1’ and placing it on the ‘Line 2’ ‘Mark 1’ ‘Zoom Out’ so as to get an accurate alignment.

45. We now take another ‘Parallel Line’ by taking the ‘Compass’ and moving our ‘Compass Circle’ from ‘Line 3’ and also placing it on the ‘Line 2’ ‘Mark 1’ ‘Zoom Out’ so as to get an accurate alignment.

46. What you now see is that one of the ‘Parallel Lines Crosses the 1st Bearing Line.’ and the other ‘Parallel Line Crosses the 3rd Bearing Line.’

47. Take the ‘Marker’ and ‘Mark an X’ where the lines cross each other on the ‘1st Bearing Line.’ ‘Zoom Out’ so as to get an accurate alignment.

48. This will be known as ‘Mark 2.’

49. Take the ‘Marker’ again and ‘Mark an X’ where the lines cross each other on the ‘3rd Bearing Line.’ ‘Zoom Out’ so as to get an accurate alignment.

50. This will be known as ‘Mark 3.’

51. We can now erase the ‘2 Compass Circles and the X Mark 1 on Line 2.’

52. We can see the ‘X Mark 2 on Line 1’ and the ‘X Mark 3 on Line 3.’

53. Take the ‘Ruler’ and draw a line from the ‘X on Line 1 to the X on Line 3.’

54. We can see by Zooming out that the ‘Contacts Heading is 98 degrees.’

55. Continue out to the right with your ‘Ruler at 98 degrees’ for around 30km.

56. Recheck your alignment with the ‘X Mark on Line 3’ and adjust the ‘Contacts Line’ closer to cross the ‘X Mark’ if necessary.

57. This is the ‘Contacts Heading.’

58. We are now showing a ‘New Line Crossing Line 2.’

59. Take the ‘Marker’ and ‘Mark an X’ where the lines cross each other on the ‘2nd Bearing Line.’ ‘Zoom Out’ so as to get an accurate alignment.

60. This will be known as ‘Mark 4.’

61. To take the ‘4th Bearing’ we need to move the ‘U-Boat.’

62. We know the direction that the ‘Contact is Heading’ but we do not know how far ‘Up or Down.’

63. Take the ‘Ruler’ and move your original ‘30 degrees position to 90 degrees’ out to the right side.

64. Order the ‘Course Change to 90 degrees.’

65. Order ‘Flank Speed.’

66. Order ‘Surface the Boat.’

67. Keep an eye on your ‘Stopwatch’ as you need to be ‘Dived and Stopped’ in position when the ‘Stopwatch’ reaches your last ‘30 minutes.’

68. Take the ‘Compass’ and place it on the ‘Mark 4 on Line 2.’

69. Draw the ‘Compass Out’ as far as the ‘X Mark on Line 1’ and the ‘X Mark on Line 3.’

70. If your previous measurements have been accurate you should see your ‘Compass Circle’ passing through both of the ‘X Marks.’

71. Now move the ‘Compass’ from ‘Line 2 to Line 3.’

72. You will now notice that on the ‘Contacts Heading Line (CHL)’ the ‘Compass Circle’ is crossing the ‘CHL.’

73. Take the ‘Marker’ and ‘Mark an X’ where they cross.

74. This will be ‘Mark 5.’

75. Take the ‘Protractor’ that you previously moved to the right and place it so that it crosses the ‘Mark 5’ on the ‘CHL.’

76. This is the ‘4th Bearing.’

77. Take the ‘Eraser’ and remove the ‘Compass Circle.’

78. We do not need to overlay the ‘Ruler’ on the ‘4th Bearing Line’ as shown on the video.

79. We now need to make another ‘Parallel Line.’

80. Take the ‘Compass’ and put in on the ‘End of the CHL.’

81. Draw it out and place the other end on the ‘Mark 2’ on the ‘1st Bearing Line.’

82. Keep your eye on the ‘Stopwatch’ remembering that you need to allow ‘10 Minutes’ to ‘Dive and be at 0 Knots’ so you can take the ‘Last Bearing.’

83. Now is maybe a good time to set up your ‘Torpedoes.’

84. With the ‘Torpedoes’ now set up use some ‘Time Compression’ to take us to the ‘Dive’ time.

End of Video 2

Link to YouTube Video 3 (14 minutes)

85. Order ‘All Stop after 20 Minutes.’

86. Order a ‘Dive to 17 Metres’ if you are only going to attack using the ‘Hydrophone’

87. Order a ‘Dive to Periscope Depth’ if you intend to view.

88. If you are now at ‘0 Knots’ we need to order our ‘Navigator’ to give us our new position.

89. The ‘Navigator’ tells us our ‘Heading is 91 degrees.’

90. When the ‘Stopwatch’ shows ‘30 Minutes’ press the ‘Z Key’ to get the latest ‘Contacts Bearing.’

91. This is now showing in the ‘Message Box’ as being ‘208 degrees.’

92. Our ‘5th Calculation’ will be 360 – 208 = 152 degrees on our ‘Left Side.’

93. You no longer need the ‘Stopwatch.’

94. Take the ‘Ruler’ and draw out our ‘91 degrees Course.’

95. Take the ‘Protractor’ and draw out ‘152 degrees’ making sure that the ‘Protractor Line’ passes through ‘Line 4.’

96. Take the ‘Marker’ and put an ‘X’ where the lines cross. ‘Zoom Out’ so as to get an accurate alignment.

97. This will be known as ‘Mark 6’ on ‘Line 4.’

98. ‘Erase’ all lines on the ‘U-Boat.’

99. On the ‘CHL’ you have the ‘Compass Parallel Line.’

100. Move this to ‘Mark 6’ on ‘Line 4.’

101. You will now see a ‘New Line Crossing’ on ‘Line 3.’

102. Take the ‘Marker’ and put an ‘X’ where the lines cross. ‘Zoom Out’ so as to get an accurate alignment.

103. This will be known as ‘Mark 7’ on ‘Line 3.’

104. ‘Erase the Old CHL.’

105. Take the ‘Compass’ and from ‘Mark 7 to Mark 6’ measure the distance.

106. We know it took ‘30 Minutes’ to travel the distance between these marks.

107. The ‘Compass’ shows that our ‘Target’ travelled ‘8,550 Metres’.

108. We now need to go to the ‘Speed Chart’ and in the ‘30 Minute Column’ we see that the speed is between ‘9 and 10 Knots’ for the distance travelled.

109. Take the ‘Compass’ that is on the ‘Mark 7’ and put it on the ‘Mark 6 on Line 4.’

110. We now have a ‘Parallel Line’ passing in front of our U-Boat.

111. Take the ‘Protractor’ and draw out a ‘90 degree’ angle from the ‘U-Boat’ to the ‘New CHL.’

112. With the ‘Protractor’ on the ‘CHL’ we see that we are ‘9 degrees’ out from the ‘90 degrees’ we are looking for.

113. You can use the ‘U-Boats Compass’ and order ‘Ahead Slow.’ I personally would use the ‘Rudder’ and watch the degrees changing.

114. With ‘1 degree’ to go order ‘Rudder Amidships’

115. It is important to get the ‘90 degree Angle Correct’ as we will be firing blind just using the ‘Hydrophone’ and the ‘Z Key.’

116. Order ‘All Stop.’

117. Use the ‘Hydrophone’ or use the ‘Z Key’ to check where our ‘Target’ is.

118. Go to the ‘TDC’ as it is time to ‘Enter Our Data.’

119. “Press the ‘Red Button’ to show ‘Green.’

120. Enter the ‘Speed 9.5 Knots’ in to the ‘TDC.’

121. Take the ‘Compass’ and measure the distance from the ‘U-Boat to the CHL.’

122. Enter ‘2,700 Metres’ in to the ‘TDC.’

End of Video 3

Link to YouTube Video 4 (9 minutes 29 seconds)

123. Because we are firing at ‘90 degrees’ the ‘Range’ entered in to the ‘TDC’ is not critical.

124. Set the ‘AOB to 90 degrees Starboard.’

125. Press the ‘TDC Button’ to show ‘Red’ again.

126. Now we need to check the ‘Gyroangles.’

127. We want ‘Both Gyroangles Arrows’ pointing vertically ‘0 degrees.’

128. We move the ‘Periscope’ until we get the ‘Gyroangles’ we are looking for.

129. We now have the final piece of the ‘Firing Solution’ ‘347 degrees.’

130. This is what we will be looking for in the ‘Message Box.’

131. Go to the ‘Sonarman.’

132. Select ‘Follow Nearest Contact.’

133. He will give us a continuous update of the ‘Target’s Bearing.’

134. Be careful if you decide to use some ‘Time Compression’ as the ‘Target’ will close very quickly.

135. Use the ‘Z Key’ if possible which will be more accurate than the bearing the ‘Sonarman’ is giving.

136. We have ‘Torpedoes’ 1 - 3 – 4 set up for firing.

137. We are going to ‘Fire’ our ‘1st Torpedo’ when we see ‘346 degrees.’

138. Our ‘2nd Torpedo on 347 degrees.’

139. Our ‘3rd Torpedo on 348 degrees.’

140. In between the ‘Sonarman’s Bearings’ we keep pressing the ‘Z Key’ and watch the ‘Message Box.’

141. We are getting to the crucial stage now.

142. Keep pressing the ‘Z Key.’

143. ‘Fire 1.’

144. ‘Fire 3.’

145. ‘Fire 4.’

146. Up to this point you may well have been using the ‘Periscope.’

147. For those that have not then it is time to go to the ‘Sonar Station’ and listen to the sound of our ‘Torpedoes’ as they track towards the ‘Target.’

148. Set the ‘Sonar to 0 degrees.’

149. We hear ‘3 Torpedo Impacts’ without ever seeing the ‘Target.’

End Of Tutorial

Bearing Line Mark Numbers For Quick Reference

Mark 1 <> Place on the 2nd Bearing Line

Mark 2 <> Place on the 1st Bearing Line

Mark 3 <> Place on the 3rd Bearing Line

Mark 4 <> Place on the 2nd Bearing Line

Mark 5 <> Place on the Contacts Heading Line (CHL)

Mark 6 <> Place on the 4th Bearing Line

Mark 7 <> Place on the 3rd Bearing Line

Trevally also does a “4 Bearing Method Tutorial”. This is available as a mod

Trevally Tutorial – All v0.2 (for OHII v1.3)

Link to his Mod

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//downloads.php?do=file&id=3329

This version uses the “True Bearing Method” using the “Compass” instead of the “Protractor”.

The “Tutorial” is part “Practical” and part “Actual”.

This all takes place in “Historical Missions” after you have selected “Tutorial” in the “Main Menu” this will take you to the “4 Bearings Tutorial” in “Historical Missions”.

Note > Further useful information.

The 4 Bearing Method v1 by Kuikueq > Pictorial

The 4 Bearing Method v2 by Kuikueq > Pictorial

Courtesy acknowledgements

To Kuikueg for his 4 Bearing Version

To Stoianm for his informative Videos

To JAFO- for the missing links.

Tip
If you shade this Tutorial and then copy and paste it to your PC Notepad you can then edit it.

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 05-05-18 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Added new information
Old 03-12-14, 06:17 PM   #22
THEBERBSTER

Default SH5 Single Play Campaign Progress – Workaround By Vecko

Due to broken OSI application which is slipped by Ubisoft to legitimate SH5 owners, many (if not all) SH5 players will experience problem which is manifested as game's inability to update gamesave Camaign.cfg file, the file which is really important for player's progress and campaign transfers.
The problem itself is best known and can be observed as infamous SH5 "tonnage bar bug"...
I have removed this distracting element from the game but even without arcade tonnage bar, the problem has another ugly side effect which is reflected in game's inability to update macro objective/campaign status. This means that upon reaching individual campaign ending date, campaign transfer will not be initiated and player will be doomed to continue without any side missions, objectives and with shipping/units settings characteristic only for early war...

However, there is workaround for this issue which will allow the player to continue campaign and which is IMO even more realistic that stock instant "jump" from patrol to bunker when final ending date of individual campaign is reached.

Before we start you should know that all SH5 gamesaves are stored in "My documents/SH5/data/cfg/SaveGames" folder and they are named something like "0000000d" or "00000001a" ect... In order to track down your game saves better, you should sort your game save folders by date modified and especially pay attention to time of the game save creation because this is the best indicator which will help you to match your silly named game save folders to those shown in in the game save/load menu.

OK, so you have reached first campaign (Coastal Waters) ending date (1st June 1940), campaign transfer failed to initialize and you have lost all objectives/mission visible in upper left corner of your navigation map. This is what you should do...

SH5 campaign progress workaround

1. Replacing files
- Make your best speed to your home port, end patrol there and make a manual game save when you enter the bunker. Note the time of the game save creation, we will call this one "Last CW save"...

- Then, restart your game and start new campaign in which you wish to continue your career using "silentotto" cheat (in this case Happy Times). Again, make a manual game save when you enter the bunker, we will call this one "HT save"...Exit the game...

- Now, go to your SH5 SaveGames folder and locate your "HT save". In it, you will find folder named "Campaign-2015-xx-xx_xxxx" with 4 files in it:
Campaign.cfg
CampaignMission.mis
CampaignProgress.cfg
CampaignMission.tsr

- Copy/paste these files from your "HT save" to an equivalent location in your "Last CW save" and overwrite all files.

Now, all necessary campaign files are replaced and we are almost done. The only thing left to do is to edit our flotilla settings located in CareerTrack.upc file. Note that flotilla settings are not necessary for CW to HT transfer because both campaigns features the same 2nd Flottila...

2. Flotilla settings
- Open with notepad CareerTrack.upc file located in your "Last CW save" and you will find there these lines responsible for flotilla settings:

Code:
[CareerTrack 1]
ID=IDCareerTrack1

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusHeader]
ID=ID
UserPlayerNameDisplayable=Cpt.Kurtz
CareerOptionsDate=1939-08-31 13:00:00

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusLast]
ID=ID
Reason=CSS_LastStatus
NameDisplayable=NULL
CurrentDate=1939-09-29 17:36:57
UniqueID=3957285610582654
Title=NULL
Text=NULL
EntryStatus=0
PlayerRankAchieved=Captain-Rank-10
PlayerCurrentLastPromotionDateTime=1939-08-31 13:00:00
CurrentFlotilla=2ndFlotilla
CurrentFlotillaBase=F2Wilhelmshaven
CurrentSDepartureDescription=979352,6.42534e+006,1 80.777
CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F2VIIA
CurrentDifficulty=Realistic

- Now depending on which campaign you wish to enter, you should edit your flotilla settings to match following:

for Mare Nostrum 15/03/41 - 01/12/41
Code:
CurrentFlotilla=23rdFlotilla CurrentFlotillaBase=F8Kiel CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F8VIIC
for Western Approaches 20/03/41 - 01/12/41
Code:
CurrentFlotilla=6thFlotilla CurrentFlotillaBase=F4Kiel CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F4VIIC
for Battle of the Mediterranean 15/12/41 - 01/09/42
Code:
CurrentFlotilla=29thFlotilla CurrentFlotillaBase=F9Kiel CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F9VIIC
for Arctic Convoys 19/12/41 - 19/09/42
Code:
CurrentFlotilla=11thFlotilla CurrentFlotillaBase=F7Bergen CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F7VIIC
for Operation Drumbeat 12/12/41 - 01/09/42
Code:
CurrentFlotilla=2ndFlotilla CurrentFlotillaBase=F2Lorient CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F2VIIC
for Distant Waters 15/09/42 - 15/02/43
Code:
CurrentFlotilla=3rdFlotilla CurrentFlotillaBase=F3Toulon CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F3VIIC
for The Black Pit 20/09/42 - 15/02/43
Code:
CurrentFlotilla=9thFlotilla CurrentFlotillaBase=F6Brest CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F6VIIC
for Turning Point 01/03/43 - 15/06/44
Code:
CurrentFlotilla=9thFlotilla CurrentFlotillaBase=F6Kiel CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F6VIIC41F
for Monsun Gruppe 01/03/43 - 15/06/44
Code:
CurrentFlotilla=7thFlotilla CurrentFlotillaBase=F6LaPallice CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F6VIIC41
for The Final Years 01/07/44 - 09/05/45
Code:
CurrentFlotilla=9thFlotilla CurrentFlotillaBase=F6Wilhelmshaven CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F6VIIC41
Save your changes and now you are ready to continue your career. Start the game, load your modified "Last CW save" , request your secondary mission and patrol grid and happy hunting!

Best regards...
Vecko

Courtesy acknowledgemt to vdr1981 (Vecko)

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 01-17-18 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-12-14, 07:25 PM   #23
THEBERBSTER

Default TDW's 9 Patches In The Generic File Patcher (GFP)

TDW's 9 Patches In The Generic File Patcher (GFP)

If you are missing any patches when installing the GFP for any reason you can use this tutorial to copy any of these patches into your own GFP.

The easiest way to do this is to download the zip file directly to where the patches are seen.

Download Link Here

The first thing to do is open your GFP.
Picture 1 > GFP Menu

Picture 2 > Open the Patches folder.

Picture 3 > Open the SH5 folder

Picture 4 > Shows an empty backup folder and 9 patches as they should be seen.

Picture 5 > Zip file showing with the patches
Download the Zip file into this folder.

Picture 6 > Shows the opened Zip file.
The 9 patches showing are in the correct order.

Picture 7 > Highlight the patch you are missing.
This example is showing my game with no missing patches.
Go to the Copy TAB and press it.

Picture 8 > OK to confirm.
The patch will copy and increase the number of patches showing.

Picture 9 > Exit the zip file unless you are missing more than one path if so repeat the process.
Cut and paste the Zip file to somewhere safe if you want to keep it.

Start the GFP Application exe from the menu (Picture 1).

Picture 10 > You may need to check this unless you are automatically prompted to do so.

Courtesy acknowledgement to TheDarkWraith

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 10-24-19 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-13-14, 10:47 AM   #24
THEBERBSTER

Default TDW's NewUI 7-4-2 Installing It Correctly

Last updated 23rd April 2018

This mod more than any other seems to cause a lot of installing problems.
I am referring to where one or more Folders hide behind the Folder that is in view.

Download Link > TheDarkWraith's New UI for SH5 v7.4.2

Picture 1 > TDW’s NewUi_ 7_4_2_TheDarkWraith is a collection of 13 Mods.

Picture 2> To install this mod correctly create a New Folder.
Download the Zipped Mod File into the New Folder.
Or copy and paste the mod to the New folder if you have already down loaded it.

Picture 3 > When you unzip the file you will see this.
Click on the Copy Tab to select it

Picture 4 > Press OK to confirm you want to Copy it.

Exit > X.

Picture 5 > You now have 2 items in your New Folder.

Picture 6 > Open the Folder and you will see 3 File Folders.
Dials Folder 1 (Also contains 3 Dial’s Folders and a text ‘Readme’)
Mods Folder 2 (Contains the 13 mods)
Texts Folder 3 (In various languages shows you how the NewUI is set up)

Picture 7 > Open the Mods Folder and you will see the 13 mods.
You can copy and paste any additional mods behind the Main Base Mod (No3).
If you intend to use Real Navigation make sure this is not over written by any other enabled mod.

Picture 8 > Copy and Paste Mod number 3 to your JSGME Mods Folder.

Picture 9 > Go to your JSGME Mods Folder and open the NewUi Mod.

You should now see this.
You can now Enable the Mod in JSGME.

Snapshot gps file for TDW’s New Ui 7-4-2 Mod

Snapshot gps file for 7-4-2 Mod
Download the Zip file
Extract or Copy to the Generic Patcher Snapshot folder.
Select Restore.

Always check Mod’s for additional information in the Text Documents.

Important You Now Need To Make The Following Change
In order to receive debug messages from the ship's journal feature of the mod you need to ensure the following Developing is set out below in your:

Documents
SH5
Data
Cfg
Main

DEVELOPING Change this to
Modding=Yes > remove ;
;MenuEditor=Yes
;DebugScripts=Yes

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 04-23-18 at 03:08 PM. Reason: replaced missing pictures
Old 03-13-14, 12:40 PM   #25
THEBERBSTER

Default How To Get Fuel With No Re-supply

Last updated 5th October 2017

No Fuel - Run Out - No re-supply - Here is how to get some.

1. Save your game and note the time that you saved it.
2. Exit to your ‘Desktop’.
3. You need to find your ‘Document Folder’
4. The path may look something like this:
5. C:\Libraries\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames
6. Look for your last ‘Saved Game’ by looking at the ‘Time and Dates’ of the ‘File Saves.’
7. Open the ‘Folder’
8. Now look for the ‘cfg File’ ‘GameplaySettings.’
9. Double click on it to open it, or open with the ‘Notepad’
10. Change the line that shows ’Limited Fuel’
11. You will now see the following:

[Current]
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true <<<<<<<<<<< Change ‘true’ to ‘false’
RealisticRepairTime=true
ManualTargetingSystem=true
NoMapUpdate=true
RealisticSensors=true
DudTorpedoes=true
RealisticReload=true
NoEventCamera=true
NoExternalView=false
NoStabilizeView=true
MPShowPlayerNames=false
MPShowTorpedoes=false
NoShipHealthBar=true
NoGunProjectilePath=true

12. Go to ‘File or Exit.’

13. ‘Save’
14 Now repeat the same proces for this 'Saved Game File 0000000'
15. When you now load your last ‘Saved Game’ you will have ‘Unlimited Fuel’
16. When you next reach a ‘Port’ or the ‘Bunker’ just reverse the process.

Tip
If you shade this information and then copy and paste it to your PC Notepad you can then edit it.

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 01-17-18 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Tidied text
Old 03-13-14, 06:29 PM   #26
THEBERBSTER

Default Crew Commands & Icon Positions For TDW's NewUI

Last updated 29th May 2015

Crew Commands And Icon Positions For TDW’s NewUI

Icons are read from Left to Right.

Shortcuts showing are based on the 'Stock Keyboard' W –A – S - D

Crew Icon >1< Chief Engineer.
Icon >1<> Propulsion.
1. Standard Propulsion.
2. Recharge Batteries.
3. Rig For Silent Running (Z Key or F8).
4. Secure From Silent Running (Press Z Key again or F8).
5. Raise Snorkel.
6. Lower Snorkel .

Icon >2<> Manoeuvers (Only When Submerged.)
1. Knuckle Port.
Hard to Port on the Rudder.
Heading change of 90 degrees then a reduction in speed to Ahead Slow.
2. Double Knuckle Port.
Same as Knuckle Port but has 2 x 90 degrees Heading Changes.

3. Knuckle Starboard.
Hard to Starboard on the Rudder.
Heading change of 90 degrees then a reduction in speed to Ahead Slow.
4. Double Knuckle Starboard.
Same as Knuckle Starboard but has 2 x 90 degrees Heading Changes.

5. Deploy Decoys.

Icon >3<> Reports.
Sub Systems.
Opens the Sub System Screen.

Icon >4<> Clock (O Key).
Icon >5<> Activate Damage Control Team.
Icon >6<> Teleport.

Crew Icon >2< Navigator.
1. Plot Course.
2. Return To Course.
3. Toggle Mini-Map Nomograph On/Off Map.
4. Toggle Sextant On/Off.

Icon>5<> Reports.
1. Maximum Range At Current Speed.
2. Time To Course End.
3. Range To Course End.
4. Weather .
5. Report Fix (Lat & Long) Via Celestial.
6. Report Fix (Lat & Long) Via Dead Reckoning.
7. Show Last Fix On Maps.

Icon >6<> Depth Under Keel.
Icon >7<> Heading To View.
Icon >8<> View To Heading.
Icon >9<> Clock (O Key).
Icon >10<>Teleport.

Crew Icon >3< Gunner.
Icon >1 <> Torpedo Attack.
1. Ships Identification.
2. Solution.
3. Fire Torpedo.
4. Tube Status.
5. Take Photo.

Icon >2 <> Choose Torpedo Target.
1. Nearest Ship.
2. Nearest Warship.
3. Nearest Merchant.
4. Recommended Target.

Icon >3 <> Weapons Management (H Key).

Icon >4 <> Follow Selected Target.
Locks the Periscope on the Target and follows it’s movement.

Icon >5 <> Determine Targets Speed.
Set the Targets AOB & Distance in TDC before enabling and before every use.

Icon >6 <> Depth Under Keel.
Icon >7 <> Deploy Decoys.
Icon >8 <> Clock (O Key).
Icon >9 <> Teleport.

Crew Icon >4< Sound Guy
Icon 1 <> Report.
1. Repeat Last Report.
2. Report On Nearest Contact
3. Report On Nearest Warship Contact.

Icon >2 <> Hydrophone.
1. Normal Sweep.
2. Follow Nearest Sound Contact.
3. Follow Nearest Sound Warship Contact.
4. Send Bearing To TDC.
5. Send Range To TDC.
6. Hydrophone Follow Nearest Contact.
Locks the Hydrophone on Nearest Contact and Follows its movements.

Icon >3<> Hydrophone Follow Nearest Contact.
Locks the Hydrophone on Nearest Contact and Follows its movements.

Icon >4<> Sonar.
1. Estimate Range To Target.
2. Precise Range To Target.

Icon >5<> Clock (O Key).
Icon >6<> Teleport.

Crew >Icon >5< Radio Guy.
Icon >1<> Report.
1. Report Contacts.
2. Send Contact Report.
3. Send Patrol Report.
4. Send Weather Report.
5. Report Nearest Radio Contact.

Icon >2<> Captains Log.
Icon >3<> Radar.
1. One Sweep.
2. Continuous Sweep.

3. Constant Bearing.
4. Radar Short Range.
5. Radar Medium Range.
6. Not Available.

Icon >4<> Gramophone.
Icon >5<> Radio.
Icon >6<> Clock (O Key).
Icon >7<> Teleport.

Crew>Icon >6< Watch Officer.
Icon >1< Choose Deck Gun.

1. Nearest Ship.
2. Nearest Warship.
3. Nearest Merchant.
4. Recommended Target.

Icon >2<> Crew On Deck.
1. Man The Deck Gun (F5).
2. Man The Flak Gun (F6).
3. Man The Deck & Flak Guns.

4. Watch Crew.

Icon >3<> Weapons Management.

Icon >4<> Deck Gun (F5 Key).
1. Fire At Will.
2. Hold Fire.
3. Fire At Short Range.
4. Fire At Medium Range.
5. Fire At Long Range.
6. Aim For Command Deck.
7. Aim For Weapons.
8. Aim For Waterline.
9. Aim For Hull.

Icon >5<> Flak Gun (F6 Key).
1. Fire At Will.
2. Hold Fire.
3. Fire At Short Range.
4. Fire At Medium Range.
5. Fire At Long Range.
6. Target Fighters.
7. Target Bombers.
8. Target Any Aircraft.
9. Engage Closing Targets.
10. Engage Any Targets.

Icon >6<> Nearest Visual Contact.
Icon >7<> Battle Stations (F7 Key).
Icon >8<> Heading To View.
Icon >9<> View To Heading.

Icon >10<> Follow Selected Target.
Locks the Periscope on the Target and Follows it’s movement Horizontally.
Can be used on Ships and Planes.

Icon >11<> Teleport.

Courtesy acknowledgement to TheDarkWraith

Tip
If you shade this information and then copy and paste it to your PC Notepad you can then edit it.

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 01-17-18 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-15-14, 01:38 PM   #27
THEBERBSTER

Default JSGME Mod Validator Instructions

How To Use The “JSGME Mod Validator”

1. Go to your Silent Hunter 5 Main Folder.’
2. Open the data Folder.
3. Open the Application Folder.
4. Open the JSGME ModValidator Folder.
5. Open the JSGMEModValidator Application.
6. Select SH5.
7. Select Ok.
8. Specify Path.
9. No.
10. The Validator will now start to work and you will see all the Enabled Mods.
11. It will show if the mods have been installed correctly.
12. It will show Determining Each Mods Conflicts Conflicting Files.
13. This is shown by using the codes D – A – W – S

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 01-17-18 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Tidied text
Old 03-15-14, 01:47 PM   #28
THEBERBSTER

Default Silent Hunter Mod Validator Instructions

How To Use The Silent Hunter Validator

1. Go to your ‘Mods Folder.’
2. The ‘SH Validator’ is inside ‘TDW,s NewUI Base Mod.’
3. Open the ‘Base Mod’ (i.e.7_4_2)
4. Open the ‘Data Folder.’
5. Open the ‘Application Folder.’
6. Open the ‘SH5 Validator Folder.’ >7th Folder
7. Open the ‘SHValidator’ ‘Application.’
8. Select ‘SH5.’
9. ‘Ok’ it.
10. If you want to find the path yourself then click on ‘Yes.’
11. Go to your ‘Main’ ‘Silent Hunter 5 Folder’ (but do not open it.)
12. ‘Ok’ it.

The following will be ‘Validated.’
Countries
Classes
Campaigns
Saved Campaigns
Roster
Def

When the “Validation” has completed if it has found any “Errors” you can review “The Log For Errors”
“Errors” are denoted by leading “*********”
You will then be offered to “Generate a Log File”.
“Ok” to generate one.
This will allow you to give the “Log” a “File Name” of your choice and also where you want to put it.
“Save” it
You will get a “Confirmation” “Save Created Successfully”
“Ok” it

This is held as a “Text File” that you can then view the status of all the files that were logged.

Tip
If you shade this Tutorial and then copy and paste it to your PC Notepad you can then edit it.

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 01-17-18 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Tidied text
Old 03-17-14, 07:53 AM   #29
THEBERBSTER

Default Installing Gramophone Music

Last updated 20th January 2017

How To Install Gramophone Tracks Correctly

1. Music Mods should not be installed in JSGME but are directly installed in the > Gramophone Folder.
2. Make a > New Folder < and download the Music Mod Zipped File to this New Folder.
3. Open the > Zip File and you will see a Folder containing the Music Tracks.
4. Click on the > Copy Tab above and accept > OK.
5. The Music Folder has now gone to your New Folder and is parallel to your Zip File.
6. Now open the Music Folder.

7. You should now be seeing all the Music Tracks that was in the Music Folder.
8. Now is a good time to decide whether you want to keep all of the Music Tracks or just some of them.
9. Pressing on any Music Track will start the music.
10. Delete any Music Tracks that you do not want to keep.
11. When you are done it is now time to move the Music Tracks.
12. The Music Folder usually contains one of two types of Music Files, although sometimes they maybe a mixture of both,‘Mp3’ and ‘ogg’ files.
13. Now Highlight the First Track by using the > Shift Key.
14. Keep holding down the > Shift Key and go to the > Last Music Track.
15. All of the Music Tracks should now be Highlighted.
16. Now > Right Click your Mouse and select > Copy.
17. Go to the > Ubisoft Folder.
18. Go to > Silent Hunter 5 Folder.
19. Go to the > data Folder.
20. Go to the > Sound Folder.
21. Open the > Gramophone Folder.
22. Now > Right Click your Mouse and select > Paste.
That’s it, all your Music Tracks are now in the right place.

If you want to mix your music up before you start your game then download the Gramophone Shuffler mod and put in JSGME.

Download Link to mod.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1578

The Document Instructions will tell you how to set it up.

Tip

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 01-17-18 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Revised tutorial instructions.
Old 03-20-14, 07:41 AM   #30
THEBERBSTER

Default Stop Those Circling Torpedoes

How To Stop Your Torpedoes From Driving You Round The Bend

You have correctly enabled all the ‘Torpedo Patches’ in ‘TDW’s Generic File Patcher’ but you still see the ‘Torpedoes’ are not going straight.

The fix is here > Download Link:
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith

Playing with Mods
You need the 1st and the 3rd Folders that you will find inside another Folder called Mods.
FX Update 0_0_22 ByTheDarkWraith
Picture 1

FX Update 0_0_22 Torpedoes (Modified for Torpedo Failure Patches)
Picture 2

Playing the Stock/Vanilla Game Without Mods.
You need the 1st and the 5th Folder that you will find inside another Folder called Mods.
FX Update 0_0_22 ByTheDarkWraith
Picture 3

FX Update 0_0_22_Stock_Torpedoes (Modified for Torpedo Failure Patches)
Picture 4

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 10-04-19 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Replaced missing pictures