SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-04-22, 11:35 PM   #1
WhistlingOmar
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Fun Being a Traitor To The Fuhrer

So there I was, having not gone very well in my attack on Scapa Flow (got discovered and met the Neverending Depth Charge Run) and so I thought I'd have some fun.

I restarted as a kauptmann in Wilhellmshaven and set out on my first patrol on 1 August 1939. Now, I know that there's a battleship tied up just a bit outside my pen and a few destroyers. So, after seeing all the ladies in nurses' outfits throwing roses, hearing the oom-pah band, seeing the men get off their bike, salute some other man, get back on their bike, get off their bike, salute the same man...etc until the end of time (No wonder Germany lost the war, too much salutin' goin' on!), I head out, hearing all the reports about ships whatever-degrees. I hear a plane and hear "Aircraft spotted"...So I get about 1-2 kms out to sea. Man the flak. Wait until I see a plane. Open fire. Miss the plane, but that's not the fun.

The fun is: Oh Boy Wilhellmshaven goes literally ballistic. I suffer a little damage, nothing too serious, nobody dies, but the sensible - and less annoying option, giving the Dakka going on - is to dive to Periscope Depth. So I do. Once I'm down, I turn my Periscope around to see what's firing at me and if any destroyers are coming in my direction. Only to see to my great amusement: Huge fire coming from a tanker, smoke coming from a sunk ship, I think a destroyer, another ship on fire....

Ah, fun times! Lots of tonnage sunk and I didn't have to waste one torpedo!

I imagine when I dock at Wilhellmshaven, the nursewomen will love me to bits, the saluting men will salute me and, okay, my bad, I shot at a plane bearing the same flag as me. So maybe a week of learning the flags and insignia. So no Munich beer week for this Kauptmann. Good thing I have some in my office, nein?
WhistlingOmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 12:44 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard

WhistlingOmar!...after a decade's silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 03:34 AM   #3
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 26

Icon14

Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote