Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey View Post
Hi and peace to ALL,

My question is;

How do you get this to work on Steam???

Anyone?........THANKS.
You gotta be more specific than that. How doesn't it work for you?
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-22, 01:11 PM   #3
ImBatman
Sailor man

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

You will need the ubisoft connect program on your computer. It can be found here: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/c...t-pc/000063173

Once you have it installed, you will need to create an ubisoft account if you haven't done so already.
ImBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-22, 01:22 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Steam... is made up of 2 different parts, that work as a whole, to run.

The main part, aka launcher... can be set up in /Program files or /Program files (x86) without incident... or issue.

The 2nd 1/2, aka called your games 'Library', is the more... crucial aspect of the 2. This is where... every single game you buy, through Steam... gets deposited.

This 1... should under NO circumstances... be set up in either /Program files (mentioned above in the 'launcher' section... ) locations... EVER.

Also of import, is right clicking the SH5.exe, after initially running SH5 once... so it can finalize setting up... then shut down... then right clicking that .exe, so as to go into the properties of it & ensuring that the 'Read Only' capability, is shut OFF. Others will say to change up the windows compatibility, but... think it can be left alone to Win 10... only being changed to 7 or maybe Vista... if need be.

My main point is, it shouldn't need to be adjusted any more than absolutely necessary... as it pertains to the SH5.exe properties.

Now... 1 crazy irritating issue with getting SH5, from Steam is... of being hog tied in having to actually go to Ubi... set up a bloody account, to which... after going through that bloody, painful process of all that... is the adding of injury to insult, of having to then... download, install & sign in to Ubi's own bloody launcher.

All... to bloody play SH5.

Unless you just happen to have a copy of it on disk.... not sure, since I never got 1... on disk. So NOT real sure on the particulars there... & can only speculate, at best or worst-case scenario there... This, is just what I know, from having a copy of it... through Steam, alone.

Any who... hope this info, helps... as always.

M. M.
Old 07-16-22, 02:55 PM   #5
BrassMonkey
Seaman

Downloads: 1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBatman View Post
You will need the ubisoft connect program on your computer. It can be found here: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/c...t-pc/000063173

Once you have it installed, you will need to create an ubisoft account if you haven't done so already.
thank you..... got it
BrassMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-22, 02:57 PM   #6
BrassMonkey
Seaman

Downloads: 1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Steam... is made up of 2 different parts, that work as a whole, to run.

The main part, aka launcher... can be set up in /Program files or /Program files (x86) without incident... or issue.

The 2nd 1/2, aka called your games 'Library', is the more... crucial aspect of the 2. This is where... every single game you buy, through Steam... gets deposited.

This 1... should under NO circumstances... be set up in either /Program files (mentioned above in the 'launcher' section... ) locations... EVER.

Also of import, is right clicking the SH5.exe, after initially running SH5 once... so it can finalize setting up... then shut down... then right clicking that .exe, so as to go into the properties of it & ensuring that the 'Read Only' capability, is shut OFF. Others will say to change up the windows compatibility, but... think it can be left alone to Win 10... only being changed to 7 or maybe Vista... if need be.

My main point is, it shouldn't need to be adjusted any more than absolutely necessary... as it pertains to the SH5.exe properties.

Now... 1 crazy irritating issue with getting SH5, from Steam is... of being hog tied in having to actually go to Ubi... set up a bloody account, to which... after going through that bloody, painful process of all that... is the adding of injury to insult, of having to then... download, install & sign in to Ubi's own bloody launcher.

All... to bloody play SH5.

Unless you just happen to have a copy of it on disk.... not sure, since I never got 1... on disk. So NOT real sure on the particulars there... & can only speculate, at best or worst-case scenario there... This, is just what I know, from having a copy of it... through Steam, alone.

Any who... hope this info, helps... as always.

M. M.
Thank You ....I got it going.
BrassMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-22, 10:13 PM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey View Post
Thank You ....I got it going.