SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-12, 12:21 PM   #9061
Gadolf_Shmitler
Watch

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Yes - you have installed the Real Nav mod
Remove it and you should be ok again
It worked, thanks! I had thought you needed the Real Nav mod in order to use your Pilot scripts, but I guess that is already incorporated into the main mod.
Gadolf_Shmitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 12:25 PM   #9062
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadolf_Shmitler View Post
It worked, thanks! I had thought you needed the Real Nav mod in order to use your Pilot scripts, but I guess that is already incorporated into the main mod.
The main mod has what I call Automation. Automation is what allows others to write scripts for the mod to use. You can do many things with Automation, even write in-game tutorials
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 02:19 PM   #9063
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Patch 3 for v7.0.0 released. See post #1

Patch 3 fixes/adds the folllowing:
v7.0.1 - fixed bug of when hydro follow target activated from scope/UZO it was not taking sub's current heading into account
- added a new user option that controls how often the sonarman reports the selected contacts bearing via a log entry. Default time interval is every 300 seconds (5 mins). Specify 0 to disable this feature. Can be found under the Automatics tab. (HydroFollowContactUpdateInterval)
v7.0.2 - new user option added that specifies the delta bearing (in degrees) of the hydro follow contact. Once the change in the hydro contact's bearing over time exceeds this amount the sonarman will make a log entry denoting this. Specify 0.0 to disable. Default value is 0.0. Can be found under the Hydro follow target tab. (HydroFollowContactDeltaBearing)
v7.0.3 - added a new user option that defines the sweep range (+- in degrees) from the current hydrophone needle position for hydro follow nearest contact. Default value is 22.5. Max value is 45.0. Can be found under the Hydro follow target tab. (HydroFollowNearestContactSweepRange)
- added a new user option that defines the max range (in meters) a contact can be from player's sub in order to be considered for hydro follow nearest contact. Default value is 7500.0. Max value is 30000.0. Can be found under the Hydro follow target tab. (HydroFollowNearestContactMaxRange)
- add a new order to Sonarman's hydrophone order category: hydro follow nearest contact. It is only enabled when sitting in front of the hydrophone station. This is because you must position the hydrophone needle where you want him to check for contacts (in a sweep range defined by HydroFollowNearestContactSweepRange)

Old 07-07-12, 02:25 PM   #9064
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Everything I just did for the hydrophone I can do for the radar also

Going to add something to the mod that will allow you to change all these new hydro follow target values in-game. Deciding how I want to implement it currently.
Old 07-07-12, 02:50 PM   #9065
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Everything I just did for the hydrophone I can do for the radar also

Going to add something to the mod that will allow you to change all these new hydro follow target values in-game. Deciding how I want to implement it currently.
Old 07-07-12, 06:08 PM   #9066
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Thanks for the new version and new features TDW!

Patch 3.. all in one (patches 1,2,3)?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 06:22 PM   #9067
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Thanks for the new version and new features TDW!

Patch 3.. all in one (patches 1,2,3)?
Yes, anytime I release a patch it's cumulative (contains all the other patches)
Old 07-07-12, 07:18 PM   #9068
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

I have not even had time to try without the new patches , you are too fast TDW

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 09:43 PM   #9069
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Finishing up v7.1.0 currently:

v7.1.0 - changed how the buttons for TDC dials, hydro follow target, and edit hydro follow target settings were laid out to be more aesthetically pleasing
- added a new button to the hydrophone station's notepad: edit hydro follow target settings. This will allow the user to adjust all the hydro follow target settings. Simply mouse into each setting and use mousewheel to adjust value. A tooltip will also be displayed when you mouse into a value telling you what that setting does

The buttons on the hydrophone station's notepad are (from left to right):
- edit hydro follow target settings
- hydro follow target
- TDC dials
- Send data to TDC

Old 07-07-12, 10:54 PM   #9070
lmy76128
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 902
Default about your mod..

thank you !! The Darkwarth
lmy76128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12, 02:11 AM   #9071
Narlan
Nub

Downloads: 6

Hello Everybody ! I am Narlan, and glad to find a such big community for Silent Hunter. This is my first post on that Forum. I bought SH5 recently, knowing he was full of imperfections, but also knowing that a lot of people would make wonderfull mods to... do the job of Ubisoft^^, I was not wrong.

I subscribe here because I found no help in Google and I have not found a solution in that forum - that is a big topic... over 600 pages ='D.

Anyway, I have a bug... I am almost sure someone will know how to fix it, but me I don't. I tried every think. I have SH5 1.2, Generic Mod Enable 2.6.0.157, and I download the NewUI's 7.0.0 with the Patch3. I copy the French menu, because I'm French, but anyway there is that :

http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/16/96/26/39/base_b10.jpg

(I just put the link... the image is to big for that page.)

This is just with the main mod activated. I am on the bridge of the submarin because I felt of the deck... ... I did not use the teleportation, I just ... felt ^^. Of course, the windows in the center of the screen never move and do not disappear what ever I do, expept for the black window wich disappear when I use the navigation map.
Narlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12, 03:51 AM   #9072
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Try again without the French menu

If that does not fix it - it could be a corrupt download. Remove mod and try a fresh downloaded one.

Have you edited anything in the options.py file? - sometimes that error (your image) can happen if it is edited and a mistake is made.
Old 07-08-12, 04:55 AM   #9073
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

Thank you TDW, that looks great!
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12, 07:31 AM   #9074
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narlan View Post
Anyway, I have a bug... I am almost sure someone will know how to fix it, but me I don't. I tried every think. I have SH5 1.2, Generic Mod Enable 2.6.0.157, and I download the NewUI's 7.0.0 with the Patch3. I copy the French menu, because I'm French, but anyway there is that :
Just as Trevally said you might have a corrupted download or you tried editing the options file by hand (which is a no no). It could also be that you are not patched to v1.2 of the game. Run the game updater found in \Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe.

Another thing to try is to remove ALL mods except for the core UIs mod and see if you still have a problem or not.

Running the DbgView app found in \data\Applications before starting the game might shed some light on the problem also. If you have problems I'll need to see the full Dbgview output.
Old 07-08-12, 07:36 AM   #9075
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v7.1.0 released. See post #1

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui