Closed Thread

Old 07-16-23, 01:37 PM   #11911
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have been searching on YT trying to find same video as posted here on this page.

Here this POW is from Ukraine. The video I try to find he is a Russian POW.

I could be wrong I'm pretty sure I have seen same video some month ago, where the situation was the other way around.

Markus
Markus, to be brutally honest and frank with you....much depends on the sympathies of the person posting.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-16-23, 01:57 PM   #11912
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Russia’s average assault time to capture a town was like 55 days in their offensive last summer. It took Russia 10 months to move 13 km and Ukraine moving 10 km in 30 days.
So what? Both events are not causally comparable.

And btw, if Ukraine continues to move at that pace, they will need another 8-9 months to reach the coast. Its just that their offensove cannot hold its breath that long. Nor can its soldiers. At the current rate, there will be no soldiers form ther attack brigades left in 8-9 months.

Okay, black humour off.

What counts is the total remaining strength of Ukraine and the current loss ratio. The rest is mathematics. Industrial war IS mathematics. Russia can afford high losses, Ukraine not so well. They feel the many lacks already now.

They need a decisive breakthrough within the next 4-6 weeks, I say. If by then they still linger around with only the outpost line before the first defence line, a new round of fixed trench warfare will begin, favouring Russia.

-----------

I hope that Putin stays wehre he is, and stay salive. If he goes away in any way, the risk is that he will be replaced with somebody as brutal - but of more military competence. The last thing Ukraine needs is a competent military leader in the Kremlin, a new Shukov for example.
Old 07-16-23, 01:59 PM   #11913
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 07-16-23, 02:00 PM   #11914
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Russian airborne division threatens to revolt if Teplinsky is removed from his post.

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/...72872542773248

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-16-23, 02:07 PM   #11915
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Russian airborne division threatens to revolt if Teplinsky is removed from his post.

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/...72872542773248

Old 07-16-23, 02:12 PM   #11916
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
So what? Both events are not causally comparable.

And btw, if Ukraine continues to move at that pace, they will need another 8-9 months to reach the coast. Its just that their offensove cannot hold its breath that long. Nor can its soldiers. At the current rate, there will be no soldiers form ther attack brigades left in 8-9 months.

Okay, black humour off.

What counts is the total remaining strength of Ukraine and the current loss ratio. The rest is mathematics. Industrial war IS mathematics. Russia can afford high losses, Ukraine not so well. They feel the many lacks already now.

They need a decisive breakthrough within the next 4-6 weeks, I say. If by then they still linger around with only the outpost line before the first defence line, a new round of fixed trench warfare will begin, favouring Russia.

-----------

I hope that Putin stays wehre he is, and stay salive. If he goes away in any way, the risk is that he will be replaced with somebody as brutal - but of more military competence. The last thing Ukraine needs is a competent military leader in the Kremlin, a new Shukov for example.
You are right they can not be compared the Russians had no 3 line of defenses to fight against only makes it worse for the Russians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 07-17-23, 12:32 AM   #11917
fithah4
Torpedoman

Downloads: 105
Default Kerch Bridge Struck Again !!

Kerch Bridge struck late Sunday night and news and video just starting to come out. Video shows expansion joints separated and on angle from each other.

Also new reports of 2 dead from actions.

NSFW , SALTY LANGUAGE AND VIDEO on " klw world news live "
Not sure if able to post link

Video shows multiple denations then large fire ball explosion.
Time stamp around 30 min mark for those interested.
Old 07-17-23, 01:20 AM   #11918
fithah4
Torpedoman

Downloads: 105

From BBC
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66218869.amp

Writing on Telegram, Sergey Aksyonov, the head of the Russian administration in Crimea, said: "Traffic was stopped on the Crimean bridge. An emergency occurred in the area of ​​​​the 145th support from the [Russia side of the bridge].

"Measures are being taken to restore the situation. I ask residents and guests of the peninsula to refrain from traveling through the Crimean bridge and, for security reasons, choose an alternative land route through new regions."

This is how Russia refers to the Ukrainian territories it occupied last year - Kherson, Zaporizhzhia, Luhansk and Donetsk - and claims to have annexed.

Route through new regions

Video of car on bridge shows damage on Front of vehicle, no other vehicles involved and close to expansion joint like it was thrust vertical in air and then car rammed into bridge section.
Old 07-17-23, 02:11 AM   #11919
Skybird
Soaring

Train traffic resumed after 5 hours again. Road bridge still closed.
Old 07-17-23, 03:54 AM   #11920
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-17-23, 04:20 AM   #11921
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-17-23, 04:43 AM   #11922
Skybird
Soaring

The Kremlin does not extend the grain deal. This will have repercussions around the world.

The Ukrainian Defense Ministry has admitted that Russian counterattacks near Kharkiv have put Ukrainian forces on the defensive.

Another top Russian general has been deposed. At the same time, a Russian airborne brigade threatened to disobey orders if they did not get back their commander, who was previously deposed.

The damage to the bridge again does not look decisive. One of the two car lanes is interrupted. The other looks intact on photos (we do not know the static data). The railway bridge resumed normal operations already 5 hours after the attack. For logistical supplies, the trains most likely are far more essential then trucks. The flow of Russian tourists however has come to a halt. Maybe it was a Russian false flag operation to dissolve the 13km long tourist traffic jam they had a couple of days ago.
Old 07-17-23, 06:47 AM   #11923
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Putin reneging on the deal was to be expected and all he will achieve as a result will be to cause famine to countless thousands of people and ensure more governments who were undecided on who to support to turn against Russia.

His attempts at weaponising energy failed and so will his attempts at weaponising food.

I'd love to see the free world get together for once and say 'enough is enough' we will no longer take this behaviour any longer and reinforce 'food corridors' with the strong message 'Now pee or get off the pot'

Apologies for the crap source below.

Old 07-17-23, 07:11 AM   #11924
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
^ Putin reneging on the deal was to be expected and all he will achieve as a result will be to cause famine to countless thousands of people and ensure more governments who were undecided on who to support to turn against Russia.
Will they? Countries representing 60% of world population refuse to side with the West against russia, and Latin ameic aand Africa en large show total desinterest in the war and opprutnistically do business with rsusia and Chian as they see fit.

I predict these countries will press for a "just peace deal" and end to the war, not caring one bit for the injustice suffered by Ukraine. The main actors India, Brazil and South Africa should serve you as a warning. There will be no global unification of resistence against russia, but more a trend of declaring Ukraine responsible for the famines. Take India. The French have just signed a big treaty for military deliveries, and headlines were printed saying that this marks an end of India's habit to buy weapons predominantly from Russia. Truth is that India still opportunistically buys oil from ussia and benefits from the - by now shrunk - price reductions Putin had to offer. India does what it always has done: refusing to take sides and choosing political actings that it thinks serves its interests best. Ukraine plays no role for it.
Old 07-17-23, 07:34 AM   #11925
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Will they? Countries representing 60% of world population refuse to side with the West against russia, and Latin ameic aand Africa en large show total desinterest in the war and opprutnistically do business with rsusia and Chian as they see fit.

I predict these countries will press for a "just peace deal" and end to the war, not caring one bit for the injustice suffered by Ukraine. The main actors India, Brazil and South Africa should serve you as a warning. There will be no global unification of resistence against russia, but more a trend of declaring Ukraine responsible for the famines. Take India. The French have just signed a big treaty for military deliveries, and headlines were printed saying that this marks an end of India's habit to buy weapons predominantly from Russia. Truth is that India still opportunistically buys oil from ussia and benefits from the - by now shrunk - price reductions Putin had to offer. India does what it always has done: refusing to take sides and choosing political actings that it thinks serves its interests best. Ukraine plays no role for it.
"just peace deal" in other words not taking sides in favour of either country and "end to the war" both mean the same imho and yes there are more countries than just India taking advantage of Russian low price oil etc. long may it continue because hopefully that is all Russia will be able to trade for decades to come.

Closed Thread