SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-24, 08:44 PM   #1
ESPY
Watch

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0
Default How can I revert torpedoes to a prior mod?

I recently applied the TMO Update BH mod and really like a lot of what it changes. However, the early war torpedoes in this mod are way too frustrating. I know they are intended as a more accurate representation of the historical Mk-14s, which I appreciate, but only to an extent.

I've been doing the Torpedo Attack sub school mission over and over again under different circumstances in an attempt to find the optimal setup but regardless of track angle and pistol setting I can't get any better than a 25 - 40% hit rate (even though all are on target). I see changes in the cause of the failure at different setups, like for example fewer prematures but more deep runners, or fewer deep runners but more duds, but ultimately I haven't found any combination that seems to improve the overall hit rate beyond 1 or 2 out of 4 fired.

I'm wondering if it's possible to revert to the original TMO torpedoes by simply copying the correct files from TMO into the appropriate folders under my TMO Update BH game folder? If so, what would those files be? I see 4 torpedoes_US files (.dat, .dsd, .sim, .zon) in the Data\Library folder. Is it as simple as replacing one or multiple of these?

Thanks!
ESPY
ESPY is offline   Reply With Quote