SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-22-21, 11:24 AM   #1
stellaferoxx
Watch

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0
Default Is there a mod equal to TWoS for SH4?

Hi there,

After all the subsims I've played I thought I'd have a crack at SH4. Is there a mod like TWoS for SH5 to be commended? I don't have any idea for SH4. I usually play German subs.
Thx in advance

Marc
stellaferoxx is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 12:55 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Staying with German subs, there is Operation Monsun from lurker_hlb3 from years ago, which was updated by Fifi in Dark Waters. Especially with OM, be sure of what you want to do with the mod before you begin the "assembly" process. The mod was built in several stages with several patches also, as well as an environmental mod. You most likely will end up with a mod list similar to SH3 or TWoS.

For the US fleetboats, Ducimus's old standard Trigger Maru Overhauled is the most popular amongst those wanting "difficulty" in their playing. Bubblehead1980 recently released his update to the mod TMO Update BH. There are many others, but my favorite is Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, which is not as difficult as TMO, though it is not as "easy" as Stock (which I never did find "easy"). Lots more choices, most good...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 01:51 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Staying with German subs, there is Operation Monsun from lurker_hlb3 from years ago, which was updated by Fifi in Dark Waters. Especially with OM, be sure of what you want to do with the mod before you begin the "assembly" process. The mod was built in several stages with several patches also, as well as an environmental mod. You most likely will end up with a mod list similar to SH3 or TWoS.

For the US fleetboats, Ducimus's old standard Trigger Maru Overhauled is the most popular amongst those wanting "difficulty" in their playing. Bubblehead1980 recently released his update to the mod TMO Update BH. There are many others, but my favorite is Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, which is not as difficult as TMO, though it is not as "easy" as Stock (which I never did find "easy"). Lots more choices, most good...
Most important thing to have (especially if you look at doing more than 1 copy of SH4 & modding them...) id MultiSH4... so as to keep each mod set's game saves separate (especially NOT in an SH4 game save folder, either. ) as that would bollux up everything for them.

That said... moving on.

To add to that, on the Uboat side of it.. for SH4...

there is Niume's eng. translated work (ongoing... ) KSD II: Ace edition... as well, to round out the selection there.

On the U. S. side... to add to the list, is...

SubRon 50. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=157750

This is factual, that there were some (bout... mhmm... 6, may have been 7... think 1 had to forgo the trip over due to mech issues, iirc... ) Gato Class Submarines that served in the Atlantic/Med area, for a short time... just note, that it is a short career... Sept 20th 1942 to November 1st 1943 (extra 3 months more than real life)

If you're interested... there IS... a Brit sub mod for SH4, as well.

Though this 1 requires a donation to get to... as it is in the bonus section of Subsim.

We dive at Dawn.

This 1, though... is not for the noob mod aficionado... as it DOES require some... tinkering about with... even I, am still working out the kinks in it... but, do like the look & sound of it thus far. Just have a few bugs... to iron (see kick) out of it.

Just to round out that list that propbeanie started...

M. M.
Old 10-22-21, 02:15 PM   #4
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Most important thing to have (especially if you look at doing more than 1 copy of SH4 & modding them...) id MultiSH4... so as to keep each mod set's game saves separate (especially NOT in an SH4 game save folder, either. ) as that would bollux up everything for them.

That said... moving on.

To add to that, on the Uboat side of it.. for SH4...

there is Niume's eng. translated work (ongoing... ) KSD II: Ace edition... as well, to round out the selection there.

On the U. S. side... to add to the list, is...

SubRon 50. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=157750

This is factual, that there were some (bout... mhmm... 6, may have been 7... think 1 had to forgo the trip over due to mech issues, iirc... ) Gato Class Submarines that served in the Atlantic/Med area, for a short time... just note, that it is a short career... Sept 20th 1942 to November 1st 1943 (extra 3 months more than real life)

If you're interested... there IS... a Brit sub mod for SH4, as well.

Though this 1 requires a donation to get to... as it is in the bonus section of Subsim.

We dive at Dawn.

This 1, though... is not for the noob mod aficionado... as it DOES require some... tinkering about with... even I, am still working out the kinks in it... but, do like the look & sound of it thus far. Just have a few bugs... to iron (see kick) out of it.

Just to round out that list that propbeanie started...

M. M.

Did you know there is a SubRon 50 campaign in TMO? Gatos operating out of Holy Loch , Scotland. This was disabled in 2.5 by Ducimus for lack of interest and not to divert time from the main campaign.. I plan to reactivate it for upcoming patch, with some modifications to traffic of course, to keep it interesting. I believe for variety it will be interesting and transferring from ATO to PTO, with stops stateside. Worried about dodging AI U boats firing torpedoes. Would like to add Panama Canal Defense to the S boat campaign as well.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote