SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-01-21, 11:31 AM   #1306
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
ahh that was a general message out to everyone not to you specifically, there's more Kaleuns out there then just 'Kal' lol
very well thank you for this invitation Kyle Big ThX..
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 12:53 PM   #1307
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onealex View Post
When there is a new release you should download the whole mod. But when there are fixes/minor updates you can download only updated files
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
here are updates made by Alex concerning version 1.51

-Disabled Blur Effect
-Effects correction
-Gyrocompass fix
-Hotkeys fix + Manual update
-Campaign update
-Negative buoyancy
-Type 2 armor correction
-Steam effect

otherwise you can wait for it to update 1.52
Thank you very much for this clarification !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudriga View Post
Dude ! I could if you tell me which enviroment mods are in your version of the mod. Without a doubt low fps is caused because of the clouds that are generated like fog, just like in other supermods.
Yes, you're right, volumetric clouds require good PC. And also the number of sea "squares" to simulate sea surface, it has a huge impact on my system too (FPS dropping from 25 to 8).
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 11:12 PM   #1308
Halogen
A-ganger

Downloads: 285

Something I've noticed is the RecManualPanel being gone from the new update, was this on purpose? Is there a way to put it back?
I just kinda liked it being there
Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 03:14 AM   #1309
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halogen View Post
Something I've noticed is the RecManualPanel being gone from the new update, was this on purpose? Is there a way to put it back?
I just kinda liked it being there
RecManualPanel was removed
Old 12-02-21, 11:40 PM   #1310
Halogen
A-ganger

Downloads: 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onealex View Post
RecManualPanel was removed
Ahhh ok, makes sense, thought something in the game files got corrupted or missing lol
Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 08:28 AM   #1311
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halogen View Post
Ahhh ok, makes sense, thought something in the game files got corrupted or missing lol
Halogen with a similar nickname do you have light on all floors?
Old 12-03-21, 05:02 PM   #1312
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Thei grey wolf, is back in the hunt.... Hoooowwwwwllllllll....

Ahoy, kaleuns...

After a harrowing demise of My primary computer... & a enforced rushed patching of My tower build I was going to use to replace it with at any rate.... am back on the hunt.

Thing that held Me up, was... monitor. Old tower, was using an hp *spits to the floor in disgust at their name* 20 incher wide screen with a 16/9 rez. The new rig I had to use something else that had a rez of 5/4... loved the extra height... but... hated that it was not widescreen capable... Ugh. (Am going to see of finding a monitor that's WS capable with end height like that 2nd one... will be... easier on these ol' eyes. )

Solved the issue with getting a dvi>vga m/f adapter & was able to go back to using that hp *spits again* monitor. after all that... pain, am glad to be able to be back in the hunt.

Have to say... the improvements done, look grand...

One query though.... on Uboat numbers... would be grand, if there was... capability, of having the numbers matching up with the right type of Uboat that had the numbering. Will have to go back & recheck, but... I seem to recall was a couple that were... mismatched as to the boat the number was assigned. Oh, and more added in as well, would be nice... Just a request, OneAlex... know that what you do, is appreciated.

Ok, gonna cage My fingers, before I get too long winded as My bud, ol' Kal Maximus says... warm regards Kal.

So, Kaleuns...

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M. aka Dieter Thomsen
Old 12-03-21, 06:08 PM   #1313
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, kaleuns...

After a harrowing demise of My primary computer... & a enforced rushed patching of My tower build I was going to use to replace it with at any rate.... am back on the hunt.

Thing that held Me up, was... monitor. Old tower, was using an hp *spits to the floor in disgust at their name* 20 incher wide screen with a 16/9 rez. The new rig I had to use something else that had a rez of 5/4... loved the extra height... but... hated that it was not widescreen capable... Ugh. (Am going to see of finding a monitor that's WS capable with end height like that 2nd one... will be... easier on these ol' eyes. )

Solved the issue with getting a dvi>vga m/f adapter & was able to go back to using that hp *spits again* monitor. after all that... pain, am glad to be able to be back in the hunt.

Have to say... the improvements done, look grand...

One query though.... on Uboat numbers... would be grand, if there was... capability, of having the numbers matching up with the right type of Uboat that had the numbering. Will have to go back & recheck, but... I seem to recall was a couple that were... mismatched as to the boat the number was assigned. Oh, and more added in as well, would be nice... Just a request, OneAlex... know that what you do, is appreciated.

Ok, gonna cage My fingers, before I get too long winded as My bud, ol' Kal Maximus says... warm regards Kal.

So, Kaleuns...

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M. aka Dieter Thomsen
Hey Mad Mardigan
you are really unlucky after your discs it is the computer ... now for the loss discs to give it is rather annoying .. but for the gear it feels good to update its config especially for your eyes is offer of new possibility technically .. visually speaking .. which are always the goods come I always appreciate to reassemble a config. Especially since its still hanging out with me .... it's a bit like you it is wrong that its "Gun" to change ... you should type in some Samsung some cheap screen still sends heavy .. ips I recommend for a better colorimetry and other advantage ... there are more options that you are looking for there are cheap ones on the net ... go, my friend, courage, business is picking up ...
well remember some time ago you had me ask for a "16km atmospheres config" via mp if you are interested i have the new version .. let me know

via mp..KM_U669
Old 12-03-21, 09:10 PM   #1314
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hey Mad Mardigan
you are really unlucky after your discs it is the computer ... now for the loss discs to give it is rather annoying .. but for the gear it feels good to update its config especially for your eyes is offer of new possibility technically .. visually speaking .. which are always the goods come I always appreciate to reassemble a config. Especially since its still hanging out with me .... it's a bit like you it is wrong that its "Gun" to change ... you should type in some Samsung some cheap screen still sends heavy .. ips I recommend for a better colorimetry and other advantage ... there are more options that you are looking for there are cheap ones on the net ... go, my friend, courage, business is picking up ...
well remember some time ago you had me ask for a "16km atmospheres config" via mp if you are interested i have the new version .. let me know

via mp..KM_U669
Just to let it be known... My disgust with hp, *spits* is not in regards to the monitors specs or qualifications... it is with regards to their ethics & practices with regards to their... products, of which hp *spits* is NOT the only side of them. There is also Compaq, which is under their direct control & leadership... or lack of "honorable" leadership.

Used to be a time, when I was an ardent supporter of all computer things from them... up until I got a laptop... that was... for polite way of putting it... not worth a rat's back side leavings...

With the interactions that went on from that... debacle... left a permanent, bad taste in My mouth, regarding any product from them... of which I will not buy directly from them or any store that deals with them.

Buying products, from... used resuppliers.. see, thrift shops & the like... is the only way I will do so. Because if its available there... can safely assume the product is useful, as I know they don't sell things that are... rat's backside leavings.

Ok, with that... don't want it being thought of, as derailing the intent of the thread. So... will end there.

M. M.

p.s. You have DM, Kal...
Old 12-13-21, 07:16 PM   #1315
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 560
Default Recognition manual

Hello Alex,

Is there anyway in a future update to have a filter in the manual where it would filter how many funnels and if the funnel is in the middle or the rear like a tanker. It would just make flipping through the manual faster.

Thanks

NYGM STEEL COFFIN V5.0 / CCOM12 FIFI / ONEALEX 1.53
Dieselglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 03:53 AM   #1316
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselglock View Post
Hello Alex,

Is there anyway in a future update to have a filter in the manual where it would filter how many funnels and if the funnel is in the middle or the rear like a tanker. It would just make flipping through the manual faster.

Thanks
Hi. I don't know how can I do that
Old 12-17-21, 02:55 PM   #1317
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Old 12-17-21, 02:56 PM   #1318
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

extra lifeboat and debris variations Alex?

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 07:14 PM   #1319
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Icon11

I like it when Alex prepares us plans like that ... "it's cool !!!" ... the last "Steam effect" I like that not you ... in addition it fits perfectly with the previous work super Alex good continuation..
Old 12-23-21, 06:35 PM   #1320
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Hi Alex, did you try Kyle's mods? does it work properly with you? because on the mod from Toyotagt86 problem