SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-21, 04:14 AM   #1
1Patriotofmany
XO

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0
Default Another TMOwTW weird issue

Got into a scrap with a destroyer in the fog, was damaged slightly, everything repaired. Ran from the convoy and 4 destroyers less the one I sank. Later found a single ship to put under, but when I try to fire a torpedo, it says bow tube too damaged or something to that effect. I have zero damage and everything was repaired. Nothing is showing needing repair. Any clues, or just a bug?
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 06:03 AM   #2
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
Got into a scrap with a destroyer in the fog, was damaged slightly, everything repaired. Ran from the convoy and 4 destroyers less the one I sank. Later found a single ship to put under, but when I try to fire a torpedo, it says bow tube too damaged or something to that effect. I have zero damage and everything was repaired. Nothing is showing needing repair. Any clues, or just a bug?
Old bug . Basically, your tube or tubes were actually damaged/destroyed in the scuffle, your subs damage control system is not registering it. Main cause is TMO torpedo tubes are set by default to just 50 hit points and listed as destructible items, they are a bit too fragile. My stern tubes used to get wrecked nearly every time I got depth charged.

I fixed it in my mod, have not had issue in a long time, simply upped the hit points to 100. They get damaged or destroyed at times, but not like used to and system lets me know. If you are using my mod, then must be a conflict going on to still do that.

If TMOwTW alone, prob old bug.

If you will, post a link here or PM me with the zon.cfg (SH4/Data...scroll down and will see zon.cfg file at bottom. Copy paste it into folder in .zip file and upload to mediafire etc. or can email itm for that pm me I will take a look at it and make adjustments.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 09:39 AM   #3
1Patriotofmany
XO

Got it! Thank you once again for the help. Changed all the tubes from 50 to 100 Yes just TMOwTW alone. Which mod are you talking about?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tubes.jpg (87.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-05-21, 12:25 PM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
this phenomenon is not an old bug, but an unexpected feature.
not all damage-able parts in you SH4 submarine appear in the equipment screen.
some of those non-displayed parts which can be damaged can also be destroyed and are part of the torpedo tube(s) subsystem.
so, you will be notified that the torpedo tube is damaged and then repaired and still not be able to use the tube(s).
more than likely, during the action in which your torpedo tube was damaged there was also a message that said something like "torpedo tube destroyed". this is probably that non-displayed part.

the only fix for this issue is to find all of the damage zones for all of the torpedo sub-system parts that are in the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file and then edit those damage zones in the Zones.cfg file.
my suggestion is to create a personal mini-mod folder within the JSGME structure and copy the Zones.cfg file from the Data folder into the Mods folder and make your changes there. Then apply the mod as you do other mods.
Good Luck, Herr Kaleun!

p.s. this feature will appear in Stock as well as all mega-mods (FOTRS-U, TMO, TMO-WtW, RSRD, et.al.). so, you will need to apply the same fix to any mod set you want to play. Be advised: damage zones may change from one mega-mod to another.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 12:33 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: Damages screen...

Know that in 1 of the mod sets I have set up, the damages screen... does an extensive & comprehensive listing of the sub equipment break down on what can get damaged & destroyed.

Can't recall which 1 exactly off hand, but will take a stroll through them, to research & pinpoint the exact mod set that does this.

I find it strange that this is NOT incorp'ed into all the various SH4 mod mix sets, as this is an important info to have... getting damaged, repairing... only t get a target, try to torp it &... nada... wondering just what the heck, is going on...

A target of opportunity, escaping your torp wrath...

Shall report back on My findings...

M. M.
Old 11-05-21, 12:43 PM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Know that in 1 of the mod sets I have set up, the damages screen... does an extensive & comprehensive listing of the sub equipment break down on what can get damaged & destroyed.

Can't recall which 1 exactly off hand, but will take a stroll through them, to research & pinpoint the exact mod set that does this.

I find it strange that this is NOT incorp'ed into all the various SH4 mod mix sets, as this is an important info to have... getting damaged, repairing... only t get a target, try to torp it &... nada... wondering just what the heck, is going on...

Shall report back on My findings...

M. M.

Yes please let us know. I would like to use it.. I did not know there was a mod available for better damage screens.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 01:04 PM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Ok, took a stroll through the various mod sets I have.. & that list is extensive...

To date, have the following sets, set up:

1. We dive at Dawn (Brit skipper SH4 mod set. Have this set up for the Med)
2. SubRon 50 (U.S. SH4 set up, in the Atlantic... short career mod set)
3. KSD II: Ace edition (Based off the original SH4 mod set, KSD: II)
4. Op. Monsun: Dark v6 (Uboat Kaleun SH4 mod set, based off the original set by lurker, of Op. Monsun)
5. IJN SH4 (have to note, this is NOT a complete finished mod set... sadly.. owing to a lot more.. work is needed to finish it. Though what I have is pretty good... My thanks to those that did what work there is for it. A tip o' the hat to them... )
6.FotRS-U (mod set, currently is v1.6X, of which I have 2 set ups... 1 Manilla career & 1 Aleutians S class career set up)
7. TMOverhauled v2.5 (mod set, of which I have 2 set ups... 1 Manilla career & 1 Aleutians S class career set up)
8. Soviet Waterways (Forgot to add this 1 to the list... Soviet skipper career... tougher to do, owing to no TDC usage.. making torp attacks more... difficult to accomplish. Also torps don't turn to targets... so attacking is more... strategy, timing & planning of attacks.)

Found the 1 I was thinking of... and, considering the source of it.. am NOT sure if the work from it could be used in the other mod mixes, or not...

That mod set is...

KSD II: Ace (based out of & off of the original KSD II, which was done up & designed to allow for... wolf packing aka multi play capability.)

: Ace, just took & is being worked on, to allow for solo play, with a clean up of the messages, RecMan into an english translated set. Which, Niume... has done a grand job of thus far...

BUT.. if that can & was done there... don't see as to why it couldn't be done with the other mod sets... but... that's just My own thoughts there.. not to be taken a... recrimination to others for it not having been looked at or done.

Just.. an observation... nothing more... nothing less.

M. M.

p.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yes please let us know. I would like to use it.. I did not know there was a mod available for better damage screens.
With this, Bubblehead1980... is not an add in or add on to the mod set... this is actually hard baked, written into the whole shebang. With a bit of time, am sure that someone could... look into the guts & cherry pick out the additions for that aspect & mod it so as to work with other mod set ups... I believe... that is, one who knows what they're about in doing so...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 11-06-21 at 10:10 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 09:04 AM   #8
1Patriotofmany
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post

M. M.
Don't worry, my rear tubes were doing just fine, no escape for this one.
Old 11-06-21, 04:03 PM   #9
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

think of the fore torpedo room damage as the exterior doors, which as KM says, are not a part of the interior damage team's sphere of influence. Same with your rudder. If you ever wonder why you can't steer after a depth charge attack, especially in Stock, and yet all parts are repaired, if you have the external camera, look for a missing rudder...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote