SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-19-21, 08:06 PM   #1
subdizzle
Swabbie

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default How to get Sh4 working with anti aliasing in 2021? Geforce Experience not detecting

Hey i just installed Sh4 again with the Ops Monsun 'Dark waters" updated mod to try out some more u-boating in 2021 but have an issue: Whats the best way in current year to force anti aliasing and other graphics in SH4? I have an Nvidia graphics card and the program "Geforce Experience" but it doesnt detect silent hunter 4 at all in order to edit its graphics settings. Thanks.

edit: And while we're at it, how do i bring up the stadmeter again in the UZO and periscope? For estimating range? Thanks Its been a while.

Last edited by subdizzle; 10-19-21 at 08:17 PM.
subdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 08:26 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdizzle View Post
Hey i just installed Sh4 again with the Ops Monsun 'Dark waters" updated mod to try out some more u-boating in 2021 but have an issue: Whats the best way in current year to force anti aliasing and other graphics in SH4? I have an Nvidia graphics card and the program "Geforce Experience" but it doesnt detect silent hunter 4 at all in order to edit its graphics settings. Thanks.

edit: And while we're at it, how do i bring up the stadmeter again in the UZO and periscope? For estimating range? Thanks Its been a while.
On the stadimeter no idea...
As for the card settings...

Nvidia, you should have a nvidia control panel... in it, (after opening the control panel up, that is...) look for "manage 3D setting" in the menu on the left side.

Opening that up, should see a 2 tabbed menu, dead center...

click on the tab "program settings"...

in that, you will be able to do a search for the SH4.exe (or any games .exe, for that matter.)

From there, should be able to make any edits/adjustments there in that tabbed section, as well.

Any issues/problems ask... & will do what is possible to assist.. or someone else will...

Hope this info helps...

M. M.
Old 10-20-21, 06:34 AM   #3
subdizzle
Swabbie

Downloads: 50

Thanks, turns out in my Windows 11 install i didnt have the nvidia control panel. And when i tried to install it it says it wasnt compatible with my driver

So without the Stadimeter how are you estimating the range to the target? There used to be an area in the periscope and UZO where you entered the information on target, but with dark waters it seems to be removed.
subdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 09:39 AM   #4
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Thanks, turns out in my Windows 11 install i didnt have the nvidia control panel. And when i tried to install it it says it wasnt compatible with my driver

So without the Stadimeter how are you estimating the range to the target? There used to be an area in the periscope and UZO where you entered the information on target, but with dark waters it seems to be removed.
In Dark Waters I could only use the stadimeter in the Attack Periscope. It is activated by a circle in the upper area. Don't know if it can be invoked from another position.
Old 10-20-21, 12:41 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Thanks, turns out in my Windows 11 install i didn't have the NVidia control panel. And when i tried to install it it says it wasnt compatible with my driver

Have to say... I am beginning to hate Windows... just for that reason... among a few... other choice reasons, which I won't go into here...

M. M.