SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-09-12, 07:32 AM   #1
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Skydrive

I thought I'd put this thread up and to see if anyone has been tempted to use Microsoft Skydrive. I have been using this app for document storage and even some SH4 mods that I have been working on. Uptil now Docs are accessed through hotmail, but the download app from Microsoft bypasses hotmail and makes skydrive a little easier to use. On the plus side I managed to upload a 700mb file, a first I would say and pretty cool.

I'm trying to find a way of sharing files without exposing my account public risk after I suddenly discovered I was in the wrong account, I'm not sure how this happened of why, but my faith in skydrive has been dented. Anyone else ventured forth into this yet?
Old 10-09-12, 07:49 AM   #2
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0

Apparantly you can share individual items, you couldn't a year ago. I don't know how as I don't use it. Here's a site I found http://ludwigkeck.wordpress.com/2011...-new-skydrive/ Hope it helps.

I use https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NT...OQ?src=global9 for my file storage, get more people to sign up (click my link) and more space you get online.
Old 10-09-12, 08:08 AM   #3
the_tyrant
Admiral

Downloads: 58

I use skydrive regularly, with my windows phone and computer.

Its pretty fast, and because I was an older user, I get 25gb free.

Now as for the fact that you are on the wrong account, it is probably because Microsoft has unified its various services under the Microsoft account. So say if someone used your computer to login to Xbox live (or games for windows live), Hotmail, bing, MSDN, or any other Microsoft service, they are "Logged in", and thus if you go to skydrive, you will see their account.
Old 10-09-12, 01:17 PM   #4
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
Apparantly you can share individual items, you couldn't a year ago. I don't know how as I don't use it. Here's a site I found http://ludwigkeck.wordpress.com/2011...-new-skydrive/ Hope it helps.

I use https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NT...OQ?src=global9 for my file storage, get more people to sign up (click my link) and more space you get online.
Interesting "this and that" .

Seems it's so new that skydrive has yet to spread and there is a lot of competition for cloud storage. I have not been able to get the hang of it as yet but it does look promising if only for the fact a 700 mb single file can be stored,.
Old 10-09-12, 01:43 PM   #5
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

I've currently got 3.5 GB with Dropbox, but the_tyrant's 25 GB is phenomenal.

I've still to fill it, I use it as temp data storage between home and work, download speed is faster at work so it's usually patches to take home.
Old 10-12-12, 01:41 AM   #6
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Some interesting and positive facts emerging. One issue I can't quite understand, I use this pc as an administrator (seeing how it's mine, heh) and the skydrive can't accept this, I'm not sure why but you have to log on with a standard account to access skydrive, but there again I am using Vista
Old 12-10-12, 09:31 PM   #7
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

DropBox here too. Best I've ever used for sharing files with friends.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote