SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-22, 12:02 PM   #1
rainbowjose
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thank you for you reply! But i mean radio reports about convoys coordinates and course.

I think this setting is not working properly.

Also second question about ships: i im in scapa flow now and theres no ships. Literally all scapa flow bay is empty! September 7 1939, Career.
Old 07-21-22, 01:55 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowjose View Post
Thank you for you reply! But i mean radio reports about convoys coordinates and course.

I think this setting is not working properly.

Also second question about ships: i im in scapa flow now and theres no ships. Literally all scapa flow bay is empty! September 7 1939, Career.
In that instance... it may be owing to having... in options, of having no map contacts, check marked.

Which, if am NOT mistaken... would affect that part there, of "RadioReports" not working... I think.

As for Scapa Floe (Flow.??), is a hit or miss affair.

Sometimes you eat the bear... other times, Mr. Bear, eats you...

Means, it's a luck of the draw, if there will be ships there at anchor, trolling about, or NOT.

To quote Mr. KaluenMarco, from a post comment, in another thread (namely, this 1: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...68&postcount=6)

'The behavior you describe, it is an unexpected, Ubi feature. Never forget that this is an UBI game and all illogic is in play.'... to paraphrase that post comment, here.

Hope this helps...

M. M.
Old 07-23-22, 05:23 AM   #3
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
In that instance... it may be owing to having... in options, of having no map contacts, check marked.

Which, if am NOT mistaken... would affect that part there, of "RadioReports" not working... I think.

As for Scapa Floe (Flow.??), is a hit or miss affair.

Sometimes you eat the bear... other times, Mr. Bear, eats you...

Means, it's a luck of the draw, if there will be ships there at anchor, trolling about, or NOT.

To quote Mr. KaluenMarco, from a post comment, in another thread (namely, this 1: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...68&postcount=6)

'The behavior you describe, it is an unexpected, Ubi feature. Never forget that this is an UBI game and all illogic is in play.'... to paraphrase that post comment, here.

Hope this helps...

M. M.

About no ships in Scapa Flow:

Same here: 12 - 13 Nov. 1942, western coast of Morocco (Operation Torch!), from Safi via Casablanca/Fedala and Rabat to Tangier ... Nothing ... No ships, No airplanes (only 3 Spaniards in Tangier). Also, Enemy Task Force only east of Gibraltar.

Now, 17 Nov. 1942, an incoming Gibraltar convoy in Qu.9555CG, alas in heavy fog (which we had for 3 days now) ... let's see ...
Old 07-24-22, 03:35 PM   #4
rainbowjose
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post

Same here: 12 - 13 Nov. 1942, western coast of Morocco (Operation Torch!), from Safi via Casablanca/Fedala and Rabat to Tangier ... Nothing ... No ships, No airplanes (only 3 Spaniards in Tangier). Also, Enemy Task Force only east of Gibraltar.

Now, 17 Nov. 1942, an incoming Gibraltar convoy in Qu.9555CG, alas in heavy fog (which we had for 3 days now) ... let's see ...
can a scapa flow really be that empty?
Old 07-24-22, 09:18 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Scapa Flow and traffic there depends upon the date, and whether traffic is set to show there in the mod. In Dark Waters, this is what is "scheduled to appear in 1939:

Now, the green square icons represent where ships show, but they do not all appear at the same time on the same date, or do they stay there the whole year, for some of them. The yellow squares are "RGG" Random Generated Groups that spawn near the squares, and then travel away, following waypoints. The little green diamonds are the "anchor points" of minefields, which are the bigger little circle thingies, while other green diamonds are the anchor points of the anti-subnets, which have the tiny circle thingies. Anything and everything in there can move for the next year, and this is just two of the possible files that can generate traffic in the game, though there are not too many more for this area. Just to say though, all date dependent ~AND~ if you get in too close with your submarine, it will prevent ships and convoys from generating, so if you get there too early, expecting a King George V Class BB to spawn in front of you, it won't. You have to be outside the "spawn range", which is generally 24-50+nm away, dependent.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 07:10 AM   #6
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:

Okay, found myself submerged right inside the convoy of about 24 ships ... made blind straight torpedo shots with all 6 tubes just relying on sound contact reports ... all six missed ... Oh, well ...
Old 08-01-22, 07:37 AM   #7
Kapitän
The Old Man

Default Some more KSDII observations

So, made it back to Bordeaux, 18 Nov. 1942 (new campaign date is 19 Nov.1942):

Again, Zero airplanes in the Bay of Biscay, which might be because of the prevailing fog and unchanged weather we've had for 6 days, ever since passing the Canary Islands.

Note: I did receive a radio message from B.d.U. on 15 Nov., that apparently the big allied air offensive by the British in the Bay of Biscay, was completely halted in Oct.42 by the Germans, with the introduction of the "Fu.M.V. Station" ... maybe, that's why there are no enemy airplanes in the Bay of Biscay (?)

Mooring Crew: Yes, placing crew members in that station, will place as many (up to 6), on the forward upper deck.

Options for RTB: Just before arriving at base, a window pops up with the option to either, "Refit", "End patrol", or "Postpone".

I suppose, one can just refit/reload/refuel and go straight back out to sea, without loosing the "Dry Dock Time" at base (next patrol appears to be about 1 month later, i.e., 23 Dec.1942 (?)

Cmdr. received for 60,773ts sunk: E.K.I, Promotion to Ob.Ltnt.z.S., and 1720 Renown. Can't gauge, if this a lot or very little ...

The crew only received 1 E.K.I, which I awarded to the I.W.O.

Crew Qualification: Also, it seems, crew members without any qualification can not be given any, except by changing out the crew member. Is this so?

Note: A Midshipman (Fähnrich.z.S.), "costs" 100 Renown (with Watch-going qualification).

For Transfers: The only available flotilla seems to be the "Flying Dutchman Flotilla" (?) Does anyone know what this is about?
Old 08-02-22, 11:56 AM   #8
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

"For Transfers: The only available flotilla seems to be the "Flying Dutchman Flotilla" (?) Does anyone know what this is about?"

Can you post a screenshot? I have never heard or seen in the files "Flying Dutchman flotilla"

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 12:10 PM   #9
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
"For Transfers: The only available flotilla seems to be the "Flying Dutchman Flotilla" (?) Does anyone know what this is about?"

Can you post a screenshot? I have never heard or seen in the files "Flying Dutchman flotilla"

Mhm, I'm back at sea again ... not sure if I can load the "In-Base"-save, without loosing the game saves of the new patrol ...

Anyway, when klicking the telephone for transfer, the only option that is listed for transfer is "FD Flotilla" and in german, "Fliegender Holländer" ...
Old 08-06-22, 11:48 AM   #10
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:

Is it possible to upload a pic straight from the PC?
Old 10-15-22, 02:48 AM   #11
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:

On 1 Jan. 1943, I'm with a IXD2 at the UAK Danzig and I have the option to transfer to the 12th U-Flotilla. Seems, if there are no flotillas available to transfer to, the only one that shows up, is the "Flying Dutchman Flotilla".
Old 08-06-22, 11:57 AM   #12
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
So, made it back to Bordeaux, 18 Nov. 1942 (new campaign date is 19 Nov.1942):

Again, Zero airplanes in the Bay of Biscay, which might be because of the prevailing fog and unchanged weather we've had for 6 days, ever since passing the Canary Islands.

Note: I did receive a radio message from B.d.U. on 15 Nov., that apparently the big allied air offensive by the British in the Bay of Biscay, was completely halted in Oct.42 by the Germans, with the introduction of the "Fu.M.V. Station" ... maybe, that's why there are no enemy airplanes in the Bay of Biscay (?)

Mooring Crew: Yes, placing crew members in that station, will place as many (up to 6), on the forward upper deck.

Options for RTB: Just before arriving at base, a window pops up with the option to either, "Refit", "End patrol", or "Postpone".

I suppose, one can just refit/reload/refuel and go straight back out to sea, without loosing the "Dry Dock Time" at base (next patrol appears to be about 1 month later, i.e., 23 Dec.1942 (?)

Cmdr. received for 60,773ts sunk: E.K.I, Promotion to Ob.Ltnt.z.S., and 1720 Renown. Can't gauge, if this a lot or very little ...

The crew only received 1 E.K.I, which I awarded to the I.W.O.

Crew Qualification: Also, it seems, crew members without any qualification can not be given any, except by changing out the crew member. Is this so?

Note: A Midshipman (Fähnrich.z.S.), "costs" 100 Renown (with Watch-going qualification).

For Transfers: The only available flotilla seems to be the "Flying Dutchman Flotilla" (?) Does anyone know what this is about?

Couple more points I noticed:

- Availability of Turms: Turm2 is needed for installation of FuMO30 and Turm4 is needed for installation of 3,7cm Flak gun SK C/30U. The 3,7cm SK C/30 should be avilable on all IX-type boat as of 1941 and the FuMO30 should be available as of Q1/42 ... BUT as of when are the two Turms available?

- Oxygen level in boat: From my observation, the Co2 level in a IX-type boat is about 3.4% after about 10 hours - definately time to surface and ventilating the boat. Is there any option to add O2 to the breating air in the boat, to extend the 10h time period?

Many thanks!
Old 08-06-22, 12:00 PM   #13
Kapitän
The Old Man

Default Manual Targeting

Is there a tutorial available for manual torpedo targeting in KSDIIAce?
Old 08-17-22, 11:25 AM   #14
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

Quote:
Couple more points I noticed:

- Availability of Turms: Turm2 is needed for installation of FuMO30 and Turm4 is needed for installation of 3,7cm Flak gun SK C/30U. The 3,7cm SK C/30 should be avilable on all IX-type boat as of 1941 and the FuMO30 should be available as of Q1/42 ... BUT as of when are the two Turms available?

- Oxygen level in boat: From my observation, the Co2 level in a IX-type boat is about 3.4% after about 10 hours - definately time to surface and ventilating the boat. Is there any option to add O2 to the breating air in the boat, to extend the 10h time period?

Many thanks!
Oxygen levels are hardcoded sadly it is not possible to change them from stock values.

Turm4 is not needed to get a 3,7cm flak for type IX. The text is meant for Type VII. You should have 3,7cm flak already installed on your type IX

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ksd ii, u-boat