SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-27-10, 05:29 AM   #1
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Uploads: 0

Hey Reaper. I'll post a screenshot of the Compass, don't have the time right now, just want to reply quickly. Yeah, there is something up with the RAOBF in general. No matter what I do I just can't get the markings file just right for every ship. I can get it perfect for one, but then some of the others are a little off. A happy medium is all I think I'll be able to achieve. One question though. I see your markings file has only forty marks total horizontally. The dial is made so that at 2000 m or so a Large steamer in 6X zoom should be about 29 marks along one half of the ship (@90 deg). So the dds isn't made to even get an 90 deg AOB on a ship 147 m long at 2000 m in 6x? That's why I'm making mine with like 60 marks total. Just wondering.

As far as the scale of the panels--they are great. No, I don't think the torpedo panel is too small. I like the way the stadimeter buttons work--seems less buggy too. I haven't noticed the stadimeter quitting working anymore forcing me to open the map to get them back. In fact, other than the dds and the compass, haven't seen any glitches at all.

Great work.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 07:30 AM   #2
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Thanks Nodlew for feedback on RAOBF. Wasn't aware of there not being enough marking on the RAOBF - obviously I didn't test it with the taller vessels .
I f you want to work on yours so its callibrated regards the height and send me a copy I'll redo mine to match.
Utill I can fix the model issues AOB won't work in SH5 with the RAOBF (Devs and there shortcuts - no realism ). But I'm working on a workaroud.

That issue with the stadimeter won't happen again, rescripted how it works. By th way how do you like the blinking eyepiece in the stadimeter icon for Send Range To TDC. Took me a while to get that working, was very proud of it .

As for the compass I think I know what the problem is. I had 2 copies on the TriRing graphics. One in a folder called TriRing and one in the Attack Periscope folder. I deleted the attack periscope one before release to make the file smaller.

I bet I have the Menu Editor pointing at the AttackPeriscope folder instead of the TriRing folder. That would explain why only the nightmask is showing (The night mask for the TriRing is actually the AttackDisc rescalled).

If you go to C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Menu\Gui\R7 TDC\TriRingCompass and copy the (TriRingCompass.dds) image to C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Menu\Gui\R7 TDC\Attack Pericope, that should fix the issue.

EDIT: Confirmed via Menu Editor TrRing Images are pointed at the Attack Periscope Folder.
So fix above will sort that out untill I release a bugfix.

I'll release an update once all bugs have been reported to fix the issues.

@robbythesub. Seems to work Ok my end, Try unistalling the Mod and Reinstalling - may be a modsoup issue.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 07:19 PM   #3
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572

Can't wait to try it out, R7. Thanks for your efforts to make this mod accessible to everyone, and especially for your attention to the issues that people have raised.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 02:02 AM   #4
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302

Yes thanks Reaper7, very much appreciate your efforts with this great mod.
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 05:32 PM   #5
reaper7
sim2reality

Nooooooooooo.........

What the hell, was just putting the last finish to the Mod to packeage it up and post.
And now it doesn't load anymore - can't figure out why.
Loading screen does not dissapear - game crashing with no errors
Old 08-04-10, 06:46 AM   #6
Hans Hansen
Loader

Downloads: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
It taken along time to get this from an Alpha WIP to a Releasable version, but here it is at last.
Hi

looks great!

I'll check it out immediately.

Could you post your modlist, please?
Might help us to decide which mods go well together and which not.

Gute Jagd!
Hans Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-10, 07:58 AM   #7
sanaousuke
Nub

Downloads: 156

great job!!!..but i think link for alt periscope is broken??
sanaousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-10, 08:04 AM   #8
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
I'm afraid this fix is not so for me. As it also happens on Single Missions too. Ontop of that I played around with it for about an hour this morning and found that it was randomly rising underwater as well although I'm not sure what triggered it I'm trying to recreate it with no success but rest assured the binocs still bring the scope up 100% of the time.
Ok. I've managed to re-create this issue by starting a new campaign and get the obs rising issue in the Training tutorial.
I shall attemp to figure out whats causing it and offer a solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaousuke View Post
great job!!!..but i think link for alt periscope is broken??
Is this the link your trying http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2751
It works ok for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I Seem to have lost my "return to Course". Could someone advise me

Thanks
Ah, thanks Dave never thought about that command. I'll add it to the Navigators orders
Old 08-07-10, 12:07 PM   #9
hippieshadow
Swabbie

Downloads: 32

Hi reaper7

first of all thanks for this fanststic mod.

I am from germany and I would like to have a german menue file for this mod.

So I have looked for changes between your menu file and the german file and edited my german file and translate this into german. But some icons are not have the explaining text when you are over them.

1. Has someone a functionally german menue file ?

2. What changes do you make in this file ? I have seen that the english and german file matches exactly. ( except the language of course ) You only have added some lines as far i can see.

hippieshadow
hippieshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-10, 12:42 PM   #10
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbob View Post
IVE GOT TO SAY THIS MOD IS FANTASTIC YOU SIR MUST HAVE A SUPER BRAIN
Thanks streetbob for the compliment much appreciate it. Glad your enjoying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieshadow View Post
Hi reaper7

first of all thanks for this fanststic mod.

I am from germany and I would like to have a german menue file for this mod.

So I have looked for changes between your menu file and the german file and edited my german file and translate this into german. But some icons are not have the explaining text when you are over them.

1. Has someone a functionally german menue file ?

2. What changes do you make in this file ? I have seen that the english and german file matches exactly. ( except the language of course ) You only have added some lines as far i can see.

hippieshadow
If anyone has a german Menu file, I can include it in my next update.
Yes hippieshadow there are only a few lines that I've added so far these are for the tooltips on mouseover when using the Officer Orders.

You can change these from English to German as long as the numbers aren't changed it will work ok.
I'm not sure what lines I added as I just added them in no particular order as I needed them , I'm not a very organised modder .
If you get it working, could you send me the translated file for inclussion.

Thanks

EDIT: Started work on the Documentation for the Mod. I hate paperwork . But its a start.
Old 08-07-10, 04:34 PM   #11
hippieshadow
Swabbie

Quote:
If you get it working, could you send me the translated file for inclussion.

Thanks
I am already finished with the translation but some tooltips still doesn´t work. So i have to check it again.

If you want the german file for your next update I can send it.
Old 08-07-10, 10:29 PM   #12
sanaousuke
Nub

Downloads: 156

first, good job reaper7 and second i want to ask,this mod compatible with conus00 graphic 1.1 mod? also i have disappeared icon (become white box) sometime. this is because conflict between mod?

thx sorry for language
sanaousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-10, 03:27 AM   #13
hippieshadow
Swabbie

@reaper7

i have finished my work and after testing the menue file in German now it works.

Where can i send it ?
Old 09-07-10, 02:01 AM   #14
orangewhale
Loader

Downloads: 327
Default just a quick question

Hi I'm familiar with the way the Range and aob finder works from sh3 olc's gui
But I am unsure which "Scratch mark" thingy to line up the mobile middle circle at what zoom, I had a look at the KIUB user guide but thats for sh4 as i understand so i figured that the zoom levels are different so once again which scratch mark for which zoom level?

cheers
Old 09-07-10, 06:04 PM   #15
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

reaper7. Where missing tools on the map? When a long time sitting on the map, the mini-map does not open and it is missing tools, immersion and emersion does not open the hatch, I'm sorry if this was, but too annoying. How do I fix?
Sorry for English.
Thank you.

Are such fashion. Maybe that is not worth it.
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote