Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-08-20, 12:13 PM   #856
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Good post. Very matter of fact conclusions.

If anyone has not seen this, Check in at 14:17 and watch the next 9 minutes.

Maybe this will wake some people up.
Those ten minutes are pure gold, summarizing what it is about. Thanks for posting. germany is ahead the US by some weeks, we will learn soon enough.
Old 03-08-20, 03:14 PM   #857
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I heard they'll be offering testing to the general population very soon. All anyone has to do is wait in the same designated room and mingle with people you dont know. Nurses in encapsulated suits will come by and swab your nostrils and throat. If you dont have COVID-19 when you first entered the facility you probably will afterwards and your test will come back negative.

Come to think about its one of the ways its been suggested people get the flu right after getting a vaccination.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 03:22 PM   #858
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I heard they'll be offering testing to the general population very soon. All anyone has to do is wait in the same designated room and mingle with people you dont know. Nurses in encapsulated suits will come by and swab your nostrils and throat. If you dont have COVID-19 when you first entered the facility you probably will afterwards and your test will come back negative.

Come to think about its one of the ways its been suggested people get the flu right after getting a vaccination.
I think they should train Fedex and UPS drivers to test us for Covid-19 they are out there everyday anyway
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 03:55 PM   #859
Skybird
Soaring

Right now it seems to be difficult to be tested in Germany. Testing capacities in labs are working at the absolute max limit, there are only so and so many machines, and additional shifts thus will not do much to chnage the situation.This will become much, much worse in coming days and weeks.

Doctors and hospitals will have separate entrances for Corona patients and those suspecting to be one. These people will not be allowed to enter, but will ring a bell and wait outside, and get tested outside. Sometimes this even works like this description

At least thats the theory the media describe.

Today a woman I know told me of her husband who works in a hospital in the Saarland. He said that even on the children oncology station the boss doctor was positively tested, worked without protective masks or suits and that nurses do not have masks and suits as well and so could be - and most likly will be infected now as well, also that there is not enough staff. This staff should be in quaran tione. instead they keep on working on a children oncology station to keep the basic support running. For children with immune-repressing medication (chemo therapy), this is a play with fire and could mean their death sentence.

Politicians thought themselves to be so clever when they started to reorganise and plan German health care years ago. First they blew the insurrance system up over decades, then they tried to cap the costs, and after two state-planned interventions of this dimension it now is pretty much an eroded hull with a shiny surface. It led to just one thing: dramatic shortages in underpayed and overworked staff and mercilessly milking patients for costly treatments that with their diseases, ages or prospects are pointless, but bring money to the hospital's treasury. Treating patients means: refining ore (pateints) to get the final product: cash. In Germany, you better do not need to go to hospital. And that does not even include the third-world level hygienics standards in many houses. When Germans go to a Dutch hospital, say in holidays, they get fully isolated and checked thoroughly, because they are Germans coming from the dark country, you see. However, Corona has the potential to break the often applauded Dutch system as well. It will bring down every health system in the West, I think.

Needless to say, my friend was foaming and fuming: her husband is sneezing, she is ill with an infection, and so is her daughter who first had an influenza and now a "non-identified" virus infection, ill since three weeks. And they do not even tell her whether the medical tests they went through induced testing for Corona.

The system already now is at breaking point, it was systematically eroded in the past years, depleted and saved down like the Bundeswehr, schools, and train and bridge infrastructure. The state media do a wonderful job of hiding it from the public.
Old 03-08-20, 03:59 PM   #860
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I think they should train Fedex and UPS drivers to test us for Covid-19 they are out there everyday anyway
Good excuse why you want to shoot them if they approach you!

Serious. German DHL since some days offers advise on mailing parcel deliverers permission to put down the parcel in a described place so that there must not be a personal contact. Saw this the first time early last week. Before Corona, this was offered for locked special delivery boxes only, or you had to name a neighbour.

I think they fear that they sooner or later run thin on drivers. Goping from housedoor to housedoor these days is risky.
Old 03-08-20, 04:26 PM   #861
Skybird
Soaring

agesspiegel reports the Academica Sinica, Taiwan's Science Academy, has developed a quick test for Covid-19 that gives the result after just 15 minutes. So they should have claimed oin their Facebook site.

If true, it remains to be seen whether the international ban of Taiwan from international organisations and data exchange programs (due to the appeasement policy towards Bejing that is named One-China policy) gets being held up or int he face of the seirous situaiton will get ignored - and how Bejiong will react to that.

Meanwhile it seems that the Japanese reluctancy to run any tests at all is owed to their hope that if they do not produce any test results, this will make a statistic of only a few cases - and so the Olympic games could be saved for Japan. Criminal acting, I call that. Of course the IOC ius a cirnmnal gang of coprrutpo gangsters as well, and so it somehiow matches., But I think this enraging policy should not be rewarded and Western policy makers should rule to boycot the Japanese games anyway, no matter how it is going in coming wereks and months. Because Tokyo's policy walks over dead bodies. Something they have in common with Bejing.
Old 03-08-20, 04:32 PM   #862
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 05:23 PM   #863
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

Italy confirms 1,492 new cases on Sunday. 133 new deaths.
Quote:
There has been a rise in coronavirus deaths in Italy, with 133 new fatalities announced Sunday.

There are now 366 coronavirus deaths nationwide, according to Italy’s Civil Protection.

Confirmed cases have jumped to 7,375 total in the country; an increase by 1,492 cases since Saturday, according to Italy’s Civil Protection.
United Kingdom confirms 67 new cases on Sunday.
Quote:
The United Kingdom has recorded 67 new coronavirus cases, bringing its total to 273.
https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-ne...hnk/index.html
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 05:32 PM   #864
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

This of course about what Italy is doing to curb Covid-19, but what if your country was inserted in the blanks?

Will it work?

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...future/607660/

Other Western countries are watching closely, worried they may soon have to follow Italy’s lead.

Rome placed severe travel restrictions on the entire Lombardy region surrounding Milan—the country’s economic, fashion, and media capital—and on 14 other provinces
across the wealthy north, including Venice and parts of the Emilia Romagna region.

In this area of 16 million people, the coronavirus’s European epicenter, where the number of cases has been rising rapidly,

________ banned all public gatherings—no weddings, funerals, concerts, sporting events, discos, bingo games, video arcades,
or Mass—until April 3. While trains and planes are still operational, and running on time, the government is forbidding people from leaving unless absolutely necessary.

Restaurants and bars can open but only from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., and only if they can ensure three feet of space between each guest.

Nationwide, the government ordered the closure of all cinemas, theaters, concert halls, libraries, and museums, as well as the quarantine of anyone with a fever
above 37.5 degrees Celsius (99.5 degrees Fahrenheit), and anyone who’s tested positive for the virus.

Last week, __________ closed all schools, day-care facilities, and universities, until mid-March at the earliest. Pope Francis, who has been fighting a cold,
delivered his weekly Angelus message on Sunday via video from a Vatican library, not, as is typical, from a window overlooking Saint Peter’s Square.
“I’ll use a strong expression,” Francis said. “This pope is caged in the library.”

These steps are dramatic, and have caused significant uncertainty and growing panic across _________.

They are also quite confusing, and how they’ll even be enforced remains unclear.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 05:44 PM   #865
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Let see if I can get this right or if I can get it correct in writing.

Some of you mentioned flu and something with 25 or 35 million American got it last year or this year and 25000 or was it 35000 American died from this flu-infection.

If this is correct then I must say this corona is way more dangerous.

The percentage you get if do the math of how many got the flu and who died from it is very low less then 0.2 %

Corona have about 3.0-3.3 % death ratio.

Furthermore Flu is not contagious during its Incubation which this corona is and from all I have heard about this corona is... it seems a lot more contagious than our classic flu.

Be free to correct me if I'm wrong

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 06:01 PM   #866
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

So I ordered a pet door I'm going to be installing at face height on my office door. LOL We'll call it a poor man's bank teller window. I should probably place a little shelf outside the door for some hand sanitizer too.

The window will also solve the problem of my business partner complaining about my messy office being the first thing customers see.

I'm starting to think about wearing a mask.
Old 03-08-20, 07:14 PM   #867
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

White House overruled CDC, official says. Did not warn older Americans against flying.
Quote:
The White House overruled health officials who wanted to recommend that elderly and physically fragile Americans be advised not to fly on commercial airlines because of the new coronavirus, a federal official told The Associated Press.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention submitted the plan as a way of trying to control the virus, but White House officials ordered the air travel recommendation be removed, said the official who had direct knowledge of the plan. Trump administration officials have since suggested certain people should consider not traveling, but have stopped short of the stronger guidance sought by the CDC.
Profits over safety.

‘Life can’t stop,’ US surgeon general says, as presidential campaigns move forward.
Quote:
In response to a question about whether presidential candidates should stop traveling amid the outbreak, U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams told CNN’s “State of the Union” that “life can’t stop.” He added that the containment measures China has taken to curb the spread of the virus are “draconian.”
'Draconian' measures are the only way to stop the spread. This attitude is exactly why the virus is going to impact the US and other countries much worse than China. By the time they realize their mistakes, it will be far too late.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/coro...assengers.html

Last edited by Traveller; 03-08-20 at 07:24 PM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 07:22 PM   #868
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Profits over safety.

Have you seen the Democratic field lately? If Trump tried to prevent old people from flying he would be accused of campaign interference.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 09:07 PM   #869
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

This epidemic will end up being what he's remembered for. Let's see if he can step up. I imagine a lot of that 8.3 billion will be awarded in contracts to people he wants to influence. Let's wait and see if I'm wrong.

Meanwhile, the first PUI patient is checked into my hospital.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 09:31 PM   #870
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

It's clear containment has failed. The US never had a chance, our culture would not allow us to shut off traffic into the country, and the government and CDC screwed up royally, even though they had 6 weeks notice. Chickens, meet roost.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/08/u-...to-mitigation/
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan