SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-10, 01:44 PM   #16
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Ahoy Simdruk,

I'll try to explain this to you in a few quite simple steps.

1 - Download and save the zip-file in a folder (for instance on your desk top).
To make it simple to find later give this folder the same name as the mod.
2 - Extract the mod into the folder mentioned above

In my example the .zip file should now be in the first folder named "Accurate German Flags" and the extracted mod right underneath (= the second folder named "Accurate German Flags").
All mods must have this structure to work. I mean the mod folder followed by the "Data" folder)
3 - Copy this second folder and paste it into your MODS folder:
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS
What is really important is to keep the structure intact!
Here is a picture from my installation folder: C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS

The mod is now in the right place in the MODS folder.

4 - Open up the JSGME
The mod "Accurate German Flags" should now be to the left

First choose the mod and then press the arrow pointing right.
The mod moves over to the right side and is now activated.

It doesn't matter if your JSGME is open or not when you are playing.

Just remember that most mods only take effect when you are in port. To be sure to enjoy the mod - activate it while in port.

Hope this makes sense.

Best detailed explanation I've seen yet! PM me a mailing address, you just won yourself a Ping Prize

I unzipped my mods and moved the folder into MODS, and they show up in JSGME. But some of the mods are in the game, and some are not. I have CCIP's Command Keys and the No Halo mods working, but the DW UI and old style gauges, not working. I am checking to see if the mods are in using a Historical Mission. Ideas?
Old 03-21-10, 01:54 PM   #17
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Best detailed explanation I've seen yet! PM me a mailing address, you just won yourself a Ping Prize

I unzipped my mods and moved the folder into MODS, and they show up in JSGME. But some of the mods are in the game, and some are not. I have CCIP's Command Keys and the No Halo mods working, but the DW UI and old style gauges, not working. I am checking to see if the mods are in using a Historical Mission. Ideas?
Depending on the DW mod he sometimes has an additional - mods - folder when unzipped

OldStyleSHControls_1_3_1_byTheDarkWraith\MODS\OldS tyleSHControls_1_3_1_ByTheDarkWraith

So you arent enabling them really
Check just to be sure

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 02:05 PM   #18
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Yes, he does. So what goes where?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=1458

Old 03-21-10, 02:12 PM   #19
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Which mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmdtruk View Post
i am continuing a campaign and when it starts i am on the dock.. when i enter my sub i can tell it didnt work because the buttons are the same.
What mod are you referring to?

Here's something to try: Start a new campaign under a different name, such as Test Captain, or whatever you'd like. Then see if the mod is working. If it isn't, then we have to dig deeper to figure out what you're misssing.

Quote:
Neal, the mods should work in Historical Missisions or Campaigns. bigboywooly is right about DW's mods in that they have various subfolders that you choose from, but he does have a MODS\OldStyleSHControls_1_3_1_ByTheDarkWraith folder in there ready to go. The other folders and/or contents are for your choosing to be moved to that folder, so if you want something from the other folders, say "Dials\American\Imperial, then copy the contents (dials.dds) to the appropriate folder - 'MODS\OldStyleSHControls_1_3_1_ByTheDarkWraith\dat a\Menu\Gui', then enable the mod. He has a readme for those within the folder structure, so it's possible that you missed that. You can delete all the other folders before enabling if you want to, that's up to you. Try that and see what happens.
Old 03-21-10, 02:46 PM   #20
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Here's the clear instructions from the download thread:

Quote:
This is JSGME ready. Navigate to where you unzipped the mod to and open it up. Select the 'MODS' folder and right click on it. Select copy. Navigate to your '\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\' folder and open it up. Right click in an empty area and select paste. Enable via JSGME.
(this assumes you setup JSGME to use the 'MODS' folder as default)
The only way someone could end up with extra stuff in the MODS folder is if they didn't read the instructions.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 04:47 PM   #21
slmdtruk
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
What mod are you referring to?

Here's something to try: Start a new campaign under a different name, such as Test Captain, or whatever you'd like. Then see if the mod is working. If it isn't, then we have to dig deeper to figure out what you're misssing.

Neal, the mods should work in Historical Missisions or Campaigns. bigboywooly is right about DW's mods in that they have various subfolders that you choose from, but he does have a MODS\OldStyleSHControls_1_3_1_ByTheDarkWraith folder in there ready to go. The other folders and/or contents are for your choosing to be moved to that folder, so if you want something from the other folders, say "Dials\American\Imperial, then copy the contents (dials.dds) to the appropriate folder - 'MODS\OldStyleSHControls_1_3_1_ByTheDarkWraith\dat a\Menu\Gui', then enable the mod. He has a readme for those within the folder structure, so it's possible that you missed that. You can delete all the other folders before enabling if you want to, that's up to you. Try that and see what happens.
I am trying to use the old style guages
slmdtruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 05:58 PM   #22
slmdtruk
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

I GOT IT thanx to someone telling me i must not be reading the instructions right..lol i need to cut and paste certain files from the extracted folder into the mod folder instead of just extracting the entire zip file into the mod folder.
slmdtruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 06:30 PM   #23
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Here's the clear instructions from the download thread:

The only way someone could end up with extra stuff in the MODS folder is if they didn't read the instructions.

Oh yeah, I read that, smarty pants . But I already have a MODS folder in '\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\'

So, I should overwrite it with the MODS folder buried in the MODS\OldStyleSHControls_1_3_1_ByTheDarkWraith unzipped file?
Old 03-21-10, 06:39 PM   #24
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Oh yeah, I read that, smarty pants . But I already have a MODS folder in '\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\'

So, I should overwrite it with the MODS folder buried in the MODS\OldStyleSHControls_1_3_1_ByTheDarkWraith unzipped file?
by pasting the folder you won't overwrite your MODs folder. You will merge the contents of the existing MODS folder with the one being pasted in. I tried making the setup and use of my mods simple.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 06:50 PM   #25
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Lol, it's probably simple for 99% of the players

I unzipped the mod in the main SH5 folder just to have a place for it, then dug down and moved the contents of the DW/Mods folder to the SH5/MODS folder, and used JSGME to add it.

I think I have it now. Great mod, love the pure brilliance of the guages.

Question: did you do anything to move the bridge hatch forward a few cm? I started a historical mission and that darn Dieter is standing on the hatch and I cannot dive the boat

BTW, I see the Album thumbnails are not working, I will look into that see what I need to do to fix it.

Old 03-21-10, 06:52 PM   #26
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Lol, it's probably simple for 99% of the players

I think I have it now. Great mod, love the pure brilliance of the guages.

Question: did you do anything to move the bridge hatch forward a few cm? I started a historical mission and that darn Dieter is standing on the hatch and I cannot dive the boat

nope. Didn't touch anything with the objects in the game. Strictly 2D interface items.

You're going to love the 'new' SH5 interface I'm about to release. I don't use the 3 dials anymore (that's what I was using). The new SH5 interface is the way to go now.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 07:10 PM   #27
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

But, but,... ok, cool!
Old 03-21-10, 07:29 PM   #28
Heretic
Commodore

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 2