SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-11-07, 02:57 PM   #1
Wolfhound
Sailor man

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Mission editor and SEAL launch/recovery

I'm trying to create a mission where you have to drop off and recover SEALS. I am trying to make it so that an approach goal creates the SEAL raft which follows its path and then returns to a pickup point where another approach goal "removes" the raft. The best I can tell how to do this with the editor is to make the raft part of a dynamic goal and set the goal to "create" the group once the goal is completed.

The problem with this though is that it seems to have no effect at all. If the group's (just the SEAL raft in this case) inclusion probability is 100 it will be there regardless. If it is 0, it will not be present, but will also not be created when the goal is completed. Does anybody have any idea on how to pull this off?
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 03:20 PM   #2
clive bradbury
Captain

Downloads: 105

I have had loads of trouble trying to achieve this in the past. I found that the game will let either create, or remove a seal team within one mission, but never both - it simply does not work, I'm afraid.
clive bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-07, 04:26 PM   #3
Wolfhound
Sailor man

Downloads: 10

So far I only tested the creation and not the removal.

Will it only do one creation/removal per mission, or one per object? If it is per object, then all I need to do is create one team that approaches its target, while another raft (pre-existing and at the target, but idle), is timed to move towards the recovery point (where it will be removed) when the created seal team gets there. ... No object is being both created and removed, and from the point of view of the player it might as well be the same raft (unless they're 'cheating' with show truth) ... still that probably won't work but its worth a shot perhaps right?
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-07, 01:39 AM   #4
clive bradbury
Captain

Downloads: 105

I think it is one per object, so your idea is definitely worth a try.
clive bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote