Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-18-22, 07:21 PM   #3691
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

More fun news:

Quote:
Group offering bounties for Supreme Court justice sightings takes aim at Congressional Baseball Game

An activist group that offered cash to anyone who saw the conservative Supreme Court justices is now planning on crashing this year's Congressional Baseball Game. The group, ShutDownDC, went as far as to say the charity game, set for July 28 at Nationals Park, could get nixed if enough people show up. The group shared a link for people to sign up. The link sends users to another activist group's website, the Now or Never collective, which is organizing the protest due to Congress's inaction on climate change.
"The monsters tearing apart our country deserve no peace," ShutDownDC wrote on social media. "If 100s of us turn out to the Congressional Baseball Game this month and risk arrest, there's a real chance we could shut the whole thing down."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-baseball-game

This is the same annual Congressional softball game between the two political sides BTW that was targeted by that crazy Bernie Sanders activist who shot Steve Scalise and several others. How long before this happens again?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 09:23 PM   #3692
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

If somebody on the right side tried that it would be deemed terrorism.
Old 07-18-22, 09:40 PM   #3693
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
More fun news:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-baseball-game

This is the same annual Congressional softball game between the two political sides BTW that was targeted by that crazy Bernie Sanders activist who shot Steve Scalise and several others. How long before this happens again?

Sadly, it probably will. Which "side" it comes from, who knows.

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 07-18-22 at 10:26 PM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 12:01 AM   #3694
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Sadly, it probably will. Which "side" it comes from, who knows.

Political violence always comes from the left from what I have seen lately so it might not be as hard to figure it out.

Old 07-19-22, 09:44 AM   #3695
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 10:10 PM   #3696
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...t/10100320002/

Do not care about their political affiliations, they are fighting the good fight. Non violent civil disobedience means that sometimes you take the ride.
Old 07-19-22, 10:18 PM   #3697
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Political violence always comes from the left from what I have seen lately so it might not be as hard to figure it out.

Always? That is just not factual. Oklahoma City? Olympic Park? Abortion Clinic bombings and shootings? Pittsburgh , Poway (CA) Synogogue mass shootings? Halle, Germany , January 6th, etc.etc.

Neither "side" is free of radicals and violence.
Old 07-19-22, 10:37 PM   #3698
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Shouldn’t these protests be in front of each of the States Capitols though? Besides showmanship vying for media attention and boondoggles what’s the point of members of the U.S. Congress protesting in front of The Supreme Court of the United States?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 10:39 PM   #3699
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Shouldn’t these protests be in front of State Capitols though?
Both, actually.
Old 07-20-22, 07:42 AM   #3700
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I can understand people wanting to protest. But members of the U.S. Congress protesting in front of the U.S. Supreme Court? Shouldn’t we be investigating this as a coupe attempt or an act of open revolt against civil authority or a constituted government? if anything ‘we the people’ should be protesting at the steps of BOTH state and federal legislators. Not the SCOTUS.

“I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions,” - Chuck Schumer

“We will not surrender our rights without a fight—a fight to victory!” - L. Lightfoot

“Seriously, shout out to whoever the hero was within the Supreme Court who said ‘f-ck it! Let’s burn this place down,'” - Ian Millhiser

“I know that there’s an outrage right now, I guess, about protests that have been peaceful to date, and we certainly do continue to encourage that, outside judges’ homes, and that’s the president’s position.” - Jen Psaki (To be clear, it is a criminal offense to picket or parade near a residence of a federal judge for the purpose of influencing the outcome of a judicial proceeding. It is not a defense that the behavior is nonviolent.)

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-20-22 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-20-22, 07:54 AM   #3701
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I can understand people wanting to protest. But members of the U.S. Congress protesting in front of the U.S. Supreme Court? Shouldn’t we be investigating this as a coupe attempt or an act of open revolt against civil authority or a constituted government?

Naw I think the current federal standard for revolting is that the guards have to open the doors and start shoeing them in.

Old 07-20-22, 07:59 AM   #3702
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

A friend who's a politician in the Danish Parliament wrote this on his wall

Quote:
There are many indications that neither Trump nor Biden will run again.

It paves the way for Nikki Haley (Republican, former UN ambassador) and Gretchen Whitmer (Democrat, Michigan's governor). Good for the United States.
But also bad news for Iran if Nikki Haley wins the presidential election. Haley spoke strongly against a new agreement with Iran. In a speech in D.C. she warned against entering into a new agreement with Iran. I agree!

No deal is better than a bad deal. Iran has come a long way in enriching uranium. The black priests are only a few months away from being able to manufacture their first atomic bomb. A new nuclear deal will not cancel the nuclear race. On the contrary.

Haley said the next president would cancel an agreement if one comes.
"Just saying, sometimes it takes a woman."
Interesting little addition: She is running in 2024.
Have talked to several Democrats here. They are very confident Gretchen Withmer will line up. She is more popular than Vice President Kamala Harris.
It will be exciting and historic!
So what do you say is my friend Naser Khader right or is he wrong ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 10:00 AM   #3703
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Naw I think the current federal standard for revolting is that the guards have to open the doors and start shoeing them in.
Whoever controls the courts controls the state - Aristotle

Democrats attempting to intimidate the courts even POTUS calling for protests on the property of the judges is one way to do that I guess.

I don’t understand, it is our elected State representatives job, NOT the SCOTUS not even the POTUS or AOC. Yet here we are, another dog and pony show with members of the United States Congress willfully distracting everyone from those people whose job it is to lawfully legislate these changes.

Sure whatever the cause fight the good fight, nobody ever said it would be easy and there are no guarantees. But jesushkeerist at least have the mind to direct those efforts towards the right people, it’s why they’re there.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-20-22 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-20-22, 03:46 PM   #3704
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Whoever controls the courts controls the state - Aristotle
This is "probably" (lol) the reason why Trump installed his yes-men and women, and look how well they act. Civil war next?
Quote:
Democrats attempting to intimidate the courts even POTUS calling for protests on the property of the judges is one way to do that I guess.
I do not quite understand what the bloody democrats have to do with it

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 05:43 PM   #3705
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
This is "probably" (lol) the reason why Trump installed his yes-men and women, and look how well they act. Civil war next?

I do not quite understand what the bloody democrats have to do with it

That’s because you apparently don’t quite understand how justices are appointed to the SCOTUS either. A president can only nominate a person. The final say lies with the Senate and guess what? No matter if they were Republican or Democrat they all voted yea and confirmed the nominations. Yet we have certain congressional democrats playing games at the steps of the Supreme Court for a few minutes of divisive airtime. Wouldn’t it be something if they could act like grown-ups for a change and suggest to people let their voice be heard at steps of the State legislators instead of acting like a bunch of little vindictive hypocrites “fomenting hate” in an attempt to control the court through intimidation telling people to break the law and trespass the private properties of the justices?

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-20-22 at 07:20 PM.