Closed Thread

Old 06-04-23, 06:57 PM   #11176
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
It's hard to pick someplace to land that's not near, or enveloped by stupendous stupidity. I figure nowhere is safe in Europe or USA. Montenegro is too near the current craziness. I want to go to Thailand, but impending Taiwan disaster gives me pause to live under Chinese thumb which Thailand sort of is. Maybe I should go to Paraguay. Might be safe from limited nuclear war or Chinese occupation.
Welcome to Australia!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online  
Old 06-05-23, 04:05 AM   #11177
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Russia says it thwarted major Ukrainian offensive.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65806152

Lets hope its an exaggerated Russian lie. But as I warned in the past: the Ukrainian taks will not automatically see a successful outcome. Russia learns slowly only and adapts slowly only. But it DOES learn and adapt, and different to Cherson last year they had months and months to prepare defences. they learned to use drones, and their numerical artillery superiority is still fearsome. And by past reports in Western media they should have run out of missiles and cruise missiles already months ago.
Old 06-05-23, 04:28 AM   #11178
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ I think they could somehow be correct when they said they killed 250 soldiers and destroyed 16 tanks.

It is been said that you need 3:1 in an offensive and the cost is high-especially in a modern war.

I have no doubt that the Ukrainian will succeed in the end..But it will be with a huge cost in life and material.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Russian ran away when the Ukrainian started the offensive.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 06-05-23, 04:34 AM   #11179
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Lets hope its an exaggerated Russian lie. But as I warned in the past: the Ukrainian taks will not automatically see a successful outcome. Russia learns slowly only and adapts slowly only. But it DOES learn and adapt, and different to Cherson last year they had months and months to prepare defences. they learned to use drones, and their numerical artillery superiority is still fearsome. And by past reports in Western media they should have run out of missiles and cruise missiles already months ago.
[FAZ]
In contrast, Russian field commander Alexander Khodakovsky contradicts Moscow's success reports about the failure of a major Ukrainian offensive in the Donbass. So far, the enemy is "accompanied by success," Khodakovsky wrote on his Telegram channel on Monday. According to his account, the attacks west of Wuhledar were a limited tactical operation by the Ukrainians. Khodakovsky had headed the separatists' "Vostok" brigade in the Donbass region since 2014. His units were incorporated into the Russian National Guard after the war of aggression against Ukraine began.
Initially, the Ukrainian troops had given the impression of increasing the pressure on the front section Velyka Novosilka, where they had already succeeded in breaking through on Sunday. Meanwhile, a shock troop had advanced almost unnoticed further east near the locality of Novodonezke. "Traditionally disrupting radio communications, the enemy has managed to put us in a difficult position," Khodakovsky wrote. The situation is in flux, he added.

I hope my pessimism was premature.
Old 06-05-23, 05:03 AM   #11180
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 06-05-23, 05:19 AM   #11181
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 06-05-23, 06:18 AM   #11182
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

I think it's about time for the west to give some tactical nukes to Ukraine!!

Most annoying how Putin can have 2 other countries fighting Ukraine but Ukraine can't have any anyone else or go over the border to Russia, seems stupid!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online  
Old 06-05-23, 06:38 AM   #11183
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I think it's about time for the west to give some tactical nukes to Ukraine!!

Most annoying how Putin can have 2 other countries fighting Ukraine but Ukraine can't have any anyone else or go over the border to Russia, seems stupid!!
I guess it's the reason to why we send so much military aid to Ukraine.

They, Ukraine gonna win this war, it may take some years, in the end they will and not as some of my friends are saying: They gonna lose the war. No way they can beat these hundred of thousands Russian soldiers

Furthermore-The west will not allow Russia to win this.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 06-05-23, 07:09 AM   #11184
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia says it thwarted major Ukrainian offensive

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65806152

Jimbuna is online  
Old 06-05-23, 07:36 AM   #11185
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

Of course he will. Better than the political problems he'd encounter having his people get ground up in Ukraine.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-05-23, 07:45 AM   #11186
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

In the first sentence of the article it changes from an offensive to an attack. The truth probably is that they repelled a Johnny detail.

Quote:
Russia's defence ministry says it has thwarted a major Ukrainian attack in Donetsk, in the latest sign that a wider counter-offensive may have begun.

Video of what Russia says is the battle shows military vehicles under heavy fire in fields. Russia claims it killed 300 troops and destroyed 16 tanks.

However Moscow's claims have not been independently verified.

And on Monday, Ukraine's military said it had no information about a major attack in the region.

"We do not have such information and we do not comment on any kind of fake," a Ukrainian army spokesperson told Reuters.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-05-23, 10:05 AM   #11187
Skybird
Soaring

Compare:

Quote:

Quote:

Spot the difference!

Last edited by Skybird; 06-05-23 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-05-23, 10:38 AM   #11188
Skybird
Soaring

[Focus]
Newsticker, 16:30: Ukraine's counteroffensive has started. Kiev has confirmed this. Since Sunday morning, combat units have been testing the Russian defense lines in the south of the country. Advances in the regions of Zaporizhzhya and Donetsk are verified by "Bild" with recent video footage from drones. There, Ukrainian forces advanced up to 500 meters.

In the video footage, Ukrainian T-64 tanks and MaxxPro armored vehicles can be seen approaching the Russian front and firing at close range. Russia sent numerous T-80 tanks into the fray in response.

The attacks are so-called "probing attacks," test attacks on enemy lines to learn their reaction.

Kiev has so far only said that the armed forces are "moving to offensive actions." Moscow had previously spoken of a large-scale counteroffensive by Kiev. According to Russia, more than 900 Ukrainians were killed on all fronts within 24 hours, according to army spokesman Igor Konashenkov on Monday.

However, reports from Russian officers on the frontline cast doubt on those figures. Kiev initially did not confirm the losses and spoke of a disinformation campaign to demoralize Ukrainians. For the most part, such information cannot be independently verified.
Old 06-05-23, 10:54 AM   #11189
Skybird
Soaring

It has begun.

https://www.economist.com/europe/202...-to-have-begun

Has it? The author seems to think so. I think its possible but still too early to say for sure. Probably it has begun. But confirmation is pending.
Old 06-05-23, 11:56 AM   #11190
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
It has begun.

https://www.economist.com/europe/202...-to-have-begun

Has it? The author seems to think so. I think its possible but still too early to say for sure. Probably it has begun. But confirmation is pending.
The current battle movements are different from earlier, in recent weeks we saw a lot of fighting in depth, away from the frontline. Now we are really seeing fighting on and around the frontline. And not only there, but also in the north we are seeing fighting. So those are indeed indications that there is more going on than some occasional fighting. We are, I think, really in the first phase of the offensive. Ukraine will undoubtedly attack in more places than one, if it is really true. It will really take a few days before we know that the offensive is underway, and especially before we know where the center of gravity is, before knowing where Ukraine wants to break through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Closed Thread