SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Modern Naval Warfare
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-03-20, 02:06 AM   #16
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

the feature list is nice - as is the trailer....but I would estimate the effort is at least several man years looking at your planned scope.

Do y want to do this as a hobby project or fulltime ?
Old 06-03-20, 06:16 AM   #17
maslas
MNW Dev

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
the feature list is nice - as is the trailer....but I would estimate the effort is at least several man years looking at your planned scope.

Do y want to do this as a hobby project or fulltime ?

Thanks...

Your estimations are correct but we are not looking at it as a hobby project as you mentioned, not at all.
Our project management and workflow gives us the advantage to give core features and expanding features later... but that depends on the funding that we will manage to raise.

These features mentioned are features that we can actually provide and we are "not theoretically" talking here.
Old 06-03-20, 07:01 AM   #18
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

You've got some stuff there, looks interesting! Seems you're early in development. Do you have any interior shots or shots of stations?

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 02:23 PM   #19
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
You've got some stuff there, looks interesting! Seems you're early in development. Do you have any interior shots or shots of stations?

We have a rule to only show media that reach some quality standards and these standards are hi!

I only take the privilege to show this image because it is already uploaded on the website or else the rest of the team will hang me.

It is evident that Virginia is the first class that will be introduced.

We are on early development for a project of that magnitude. For those who know and understand there is a great series of finished jobs on the back end that we cannot show off.

Support us and we will publish it sooner
Old 06-18-20, 12:49 PM   #20
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

My apologies, I had actually seen that image on your website but I appreciate you posting it again here. Your game looks like it has some promise. What do you ask of this community with respect to support?

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 07:20 PM   #21
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

RoryGertrude! Always good to have a Minnesotan aboard

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 07:24 PM   #22
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

WOW, this looks amazing! Cannot wait to buy it and test it out for myself!

Great work!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 01:26 PM   #23
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
My apologies, I had actually seen that image on your website but I appreciate you posting it again here. Your game looks like it has some promise. What do you ask of this community with respect to support?

For the time being, spread the word! Let's show that there is place for this game on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
WOW, this looks amazing! Cannot wait to buy it and test it out for myself!

Great work!

Cannot wait to sell it to you either.

All I am aloud to say for the time being is that we are on negotiations with a known publisher. Nothing is sure yet but I will be back with news pretty soon.

Thanks for the kind words. All of you!

Man your TMA stations and start tracking us
Old 06-19-20, 05:56 PM   #24
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

I think it's time for me as a pure player - and not as a producer or developer - to give you my opinion here. I've played almost all subsims which deserve that name and frankly: I don't think that any new submarine simulation although it can surely be done would be a golden egg as for financial success. The genre is simply saturated. If I want to play a submarine game, it's enough for me to buy or play what is already exsistant, no new game can IMO surpass what has been done by Ubisoft, or other great titles mentioned above like Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters, SH series, and even sub games of the 90s which some players prefer because of their simple gameplay and not for their stunning grafics. Even the niche of simplistic sub sims is filled (Crash Dive excels in this area.)
Then, an important factor for you to investigate is: These mentioned titles surely had (have) great success by submarine lovers, but were (are) they financial successes overall? Not in all cases I think.

Only thing I would buy at this point probably is a sub sim like Cold Waters but with multistations and *optional* complexity in the instruments of a submarine and crew management (go look at the original stand of U-Boat for that matter), but the dynamic campaign and re-playability would be crucial for me, also a convincing war environment in the form of an intelligent plot that comes with the campaign. Some days I find the simple UI of Cold Waters good enough to just 'dive' in the game, complexity is not a must for me. But problem for you is: there ARE such games already, maybe not with stunning grafics or included storylines or unexpected events now and then, but these may not be a buy criteria for a sub game. I simply have a very hard time to imagine how you could make it that much better to ensure you big revenues, but then: Some seconds to watch a good play-through video of yours could change everything for me to make it an instant buyer, that's what I hope!

Then another thing you may not find spoken-out too openly in these forums: For younger people, 'submarines' are a thing of the past, not a delightment of the present, more a thing for History books. Another analogy of the past: Why are there no tank simulators published so often today? Because even a 12-year old kid knows: Tanks are there to be shot down, it's their inevitable quick fate, no chance, no real fun in any sort of realism-oriented game. It's hard for young people to forget about super rockets and playing a WW1 or WW2 game; even modern submarines start to have this image of remote times. For you this means it can make a big difference (say lack) in the selling numbers for your title.

I hope this feedback is of some help to you, I wish you good luck with your project should it materialize.

Best greetings,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-19-20 at 07:48 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 04:24 AM   #25
Pirate
Lieutenant

Downloads: 152

Humm, this could be a true replacement for the Sonalysts sims Dangerous Waters, Sub Command and 688I!

It looks to be in very very early development stages, so right now, it's mostly promises...

But, you got my attention.
Old 06-21-20, 02:23 AM   #26
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
....but were (are) they financial successes overall? Not in all cases I think...

Thanks for the detailed thought. You are right. Financial success is a matter of perspective here. If in a parallel universe, I was EA with 9000 employees to feed anything that will cost me millions and doesn't return billions (I exaggerate to give emphasis) will be considered a failure.

Our perspective differs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post

Then another thing you may not find spoken-out too openly in these forums: For younger people, 'submarines' are a thing of the past, not a delightment of the present, more a thing for History books. Another analogy of the past: Why are there no tank simulators published so often today? Because even a 12-year old kid knows: Tanks are there to be shot down, it's their inevitable quick fate...

The reason that you don't find spoken-out too openly what you've described it's because this is not a fact but a an opinion. Our research so far is bringing different results and is based to the fact that simulators are not games but hobbies.
However, your opinion is, as always, well respected

Quote:
Humm, this could be a true replacement for the Sonalysts sims Dangerous Waters, Sub Command and 688I! ...

Well that's the plan!

Quote:
It looks to be in very very early development stages, so right now, it's mostly promises...

Can't blame you on that. Only future will tell then!

Thanks both of you!
Old 06-24-20, 01:30 PM   #27
feld
Loader

My take as a player (and ex USN submarine officer if that matters)
1. I think the market is only saturated in WW2 subsims. I think that a spiritual to Dangerous Waters is long overdue. I'm loving Cold Waters but a real modern sub SIM would be wonderful.

2. If you agree with #1 then make it moddable. Greatly extends life.

3. Read or ask real submariners in your nation state(s) of residence about modern submarine operations...most modern subsims/games really miss out cool stuff that matters and is "fun" for a certain kind of player. Best recent example I can think of are both in Cold Waters. Game doesn't model diesel electric propulsion because it doesn't matter in combat. True. But it really matters on the campaign layer and I WISH they modelled it because it makes their 1968 campaign way less historically interesting than it should be.

4. See if there's a way to actually do raytracing in your sonar modelling. I don't think that any modern subsim has ever done this and it really matters. I think they just use standard formulae from Ulrich et al.

5. FOR THE LOVE OF PETE WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR SCENARIOS PUT IN A REALISTIC NUMBER OF BIOLOGICS AND MERCHANTS! I should be contact saturated in any littoral area in the world...even in 1968.

5. Don't expect to make a ton of money

v/r
feld
feld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 02:07 PM   #28
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by feld View Post
My take as a player (and ex USN submarine officer if that matters)...

Hi Feld,

I don't know if you had the chance to take a look on our feature list ...
Somehow you must have hacked our GDD (Game Development Document). In simple words.

1. Thanks and it matters that you are ex submarine officer

2. Agreed and featured

3. Agreed and can't tell more
4. Agreed and we are designing a special engine only for the purpose of sound propagation.
5. Agreed and featured
5(6). Agreed and we don't care to make a ton of money but get the amount that is needed to make this project feasible.

Thanks for the sincere comments
Old 06-24-20, 02:09 PM   #29
feld
Loader

Missed your feature list!

Mark me down as "tracking"! Also joined your Discord.

Is there a place I can wishlist this?
feld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 05:41 PM   #30
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 7

Certainly has my full attention looks good but as you can appreciate no one has developed a DW level modern subsim since 2005 so the community is a little skeptical.

However it would most certainly be very welcome should it come to fruition.

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dangerous waters, modern naval, modern sub