Uploads: 0

Thanks a lot Aktungbby I'm running out of aluminum foil because of you
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 10:32 PM   #47
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon12 my god! gas is leaking out of your anus....soda speke

Move over corona virus, galaxies colliding, sun expanding into red giants etc.:[/QUOTE] Uranus, the seventh planet from the Sun, is a truly odd place. Now it just got odder. As if the name of the planet wasn't enough, scientists recently discovered Uranus is home to fart-smelling clouds. University of Oxford researchers examining the planet's infrared light through the Gemini North telescope discovered clouds of hydrogen sulfide spreading into Uranus' upper atmosphere. That's a toxic gas that smells like rotten eggs or someone passing gas It’s a giant magnetic bubble that may have been whisking Uranus’ atmosphere out to space. A plasmoid is a structure of plasma (electrified gas) in a magnetic bubble in the magnetosphere of a planet. Astronomers have finally figured out what the clouds of Uranus consist of - and as it turns out, they smell terrible. For the first time, there's been a clear detection of hydrogen sulfide, the gas that gives rotten eggs - and flatulence - their distinctive aroma It’s thought that a cylindrical plasmoid discovered at Uranus—which is at least 127,000 x 250,000 miles across—could be responsible for draining ions from the planet’s atmosphere, therefore causing it to lose mass. Not happy with being the coldest planet of them all and the only planet in the solar system to spin on its side (every 17 hours and 14 minutes), the “ice giant” now appears to be a “wobbly magnetic oddball” that’s leaking its atmosphere into space. [/QUOTE]

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 11:10 PM   #48
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

And Yellowstone NP as well as Lassen"s Bumpass Hell.

https://www.nps.gov/media/video/view...8D5C1194A96EE5

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 12:09 AM   #49
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Uranus

Were they able to deal with the Klingons around Uranus and shouldn't we merge this thread with the TP poll?
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 09:32 AM   #50
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

well that's an old line gag; but with the timely TP crises at hand(so to speke)....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 12-16-20, 05:09 PM   #51
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default so much fer science

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/animals/a34968104/mass-extinctions-happen-every-27-million-years/
Quote:
Scientists have new evidence that Earth’s many periodic mass extinctions follow a cycle of about 27 million years, connecting the five major mass extinctions with more minor ones occurring throughout Earth’s life-fostering timespan. The artificial intelligence analysis could also shift how evolutionary scientists think about the aftermath of mass extinctions....To study these events, the scientists fed more than a million data points about 170,000-plus species into a machine learning algorithm that processed all of it into one giant statistical timeline. From that information, the algorithm concluded that while the “big five” mass extinctions are part of the top 5 percent of all time population change events, so are “seven additional mass extinctions, two combined mass extinction–radiation events and 15 mass radiations.” ...Too many of a particular species almost always ends up harming the surroundings, even dramatically. Like we said: it's complicated.
My bet's on a mass radiation event from 8,000,000,000, too many of a particular species prone to "harming the surroundings"; in a whole lot less than 27,OOO,OOO years!!??

Old 12-19-20, 02:15 PM   #52
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Well it's been nice knowing you Aktung ... this will probably be the end for sure

https://awarenessact.com/we-are-abou...jBX4c-LY5VFHHE

We Are About To Witness A Rare Planetary Alignment Not Seen In 800 Years

Quote:
Astronomers use the word conjunction to describe meetings of planets and other objects on our sky’s dome. They use the term great conjunction to describe meetings of the two biggest worlds in our solar system, mighty Jupiter and the glorious ringed planet Saturn.

The next great conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn will be December 21, 2020.

That date is, coincidentally, the date of the December solstice. It’ll be the first Jupiter-Saturn conjunction since the year 2000, and

the closest Jupiter-Saturn conjunction since 1623,

only 14 years after Galileo made his first telescope. At their closest, Jupiter and Saturn will be only 0.1 degree apart. That’s just 1/5 of a full moon diameter.

The extra-close Jupiter-Saturn conjunction in 2020 won’t be matched again until the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction of March 15, 2080.
or achievement

Old 12-19-20, 02:39 PM   #53
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

21th december

On this day 8 years after 21-12-12 another Planetary Alignment will occur.

And nothing will happen.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-20, 02:49 PM   #54
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^
You mean, not even this Mount Mannen top in Norway will fall?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 02:21 PM   #55
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
cool Buzz Lightyear says:

Piffle.
With the astronomical distances between stars in any galaxy the chances of anything colliding during a galactic merger would be, well, astronomical.

We stand a better chance of getting gobsmacked by some BFR hurtling through the solar system.

Tomorrow never comes
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 09:09 PM   #56
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

tbh I would love to be able to flick a switch and boom, I'm immortal, so then I can see the Andromeda and Milkyway merge from a different planet than Earth since Earth will most likely be uninhabitable by the time the merger takes place. It would be an amazing sight to see!

And then I can see the eventual end of everything, then when the universe is about to die, I flick a switch in my mind, and then I am mortal and I die.

In a nutshell: I would love to be immortal so I can witness the death of the universe, and then I can become mortal and die.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 09:43 PM   #57
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Meh, I think it was in another thread where I wondered off topic and said most everyone knows of the billions of years it would take for the universe to end. Heck Earth will be a big ball of fire in about four million years as our sun goes red. Afterwards it's theorized it will take an almost immeasurable amount of time for the universe to die by way of heat death, big crunch or big rip.

But there's another way. Its called 'vacuum decay' a quick, clean and painless disassociation of all matter in the universe. So fast that even if you were able to catch a glimmer of it at your feet. It would consume you faster than the nerve impulse could travel from your feet to your brain. Only nice thing about it is, if it ever were too happened we would never know it did, no warning just. 'POOF'.

But getting hit by a BFR is still the most likely event

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-05-21 at 09:51 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 09:49 PM   #58
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Meh, I think it was in another thread where I wondered off topic and said most everyone knows of the billions of years it would take for the universe to end. Earth will big ball of fire in about four million years as our sun goes red. But it's theorized it will take an almost immeasurable amount of time for the universe to die by way of heat death, big crunch or big rip.

This is a pretty cool video on it in my opinion. It takes like A quadrillionx4 years or so for black holes to start dying off. Insanity.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 12:58 PM   #59
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Times almost up BBY!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ity-have-left/
Quote:
There is a silver lining lurking in the background. It involves the possibility that we possess free will and can respond to deteriorating conditions by promoting a longer future than a few centuries. Wise public policy could mitigate the risk from technological catastrophes associated with climate change, self-inflicted pandemics or wars. It is unclear whether our policy makers will actually respond to the challenges that lie ahead and save us from the above statistical verdict. Humans are not good at coping with risks they have never encountered before, as exemplified by the politics of climate change....Although Earth serves as a comfortable home at the moment, we will ultimately be forced to relocate because the sun will boil off all liquid water on our planet’s surface within a billion years. Establishing multiple communities of humans on other worlds(Mars??!!) would resemble the duplication of the Bible by the Gutenberg printing press around 1455, which prevented loss of precious content through a single-point catastrophe....As Oscar Wilde noted: “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars”.

Old 06-15-21, 03:24 PM   #60
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktung
Although Earth serves as a comfortable home at the moment, we will ultimately be forced to relocate because the sun will boil off all liquid water on our planet’s surface within a billion years.
This actually boggles my mind Aktung ... I think I'll go have a bowl of ice cream and think about it
or achievement