Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-28-18, 06:11 PM   #16
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
SOUNDS LIKE A 'Raket' FOR MR. MADSEN TO BE INVOLVED IN!
Earlier this evening I saw 2012 on one of my commercial tv-channels.
It was from this movie I got the idea to my comment.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-18, 07:55 PM   #17
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
We're all gonna die a horrible death!!
I like being white ... I don't want to dye
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-18, 08:55 PM   #18
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

If and when this happens there may not even be people on Earth. We may be extinct. Stephen Hawking recommended before his death that humanity's best chance would be to spread out to neighboring stars.

Colliding galaxies are nothing to worry about though because the distance between stars is so large, when galaxies collide not many stars even pass close to stars in oncoming galaxies.

Recently there was a correction to the estimated size of the Andromeda galaxy (our first collision) by over a factor of 10+. Turns out that our Milky Way will absorb Andromeda and not even burp.

It would be a beautiful sight to see approaching in the night sky; the two galaxies in the shape of an X before they merge however who or what will see it all those millions of years in the future? I'd like to but for obvious reasons that's impossible. I'll be long dead.... lol
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-18, 11:15 PM   #19
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

So, I guess, you're a glass half-empty sort of person...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 04-30-18 at 03:52 PM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-18, 12:00 AM   #20
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

The 14 galaxies at the edge of the observable universe may have already collided. Given that the diameter of the observable universe is 93 billion light years, the light from those galaxies has taken about 46.5 billion years to reach us.

It always amazes me that we can look so far into the past by simply looking up. And that a few photons traveled unimaginable distances over billions or trillions of years, just to hit my retina.
Sean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-18, 12:49 AM   #21
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel B. View Post
just to hit my retina.
THE REAL IRONY IS: THAT FOR MOST, ONE'S RETINA IS THE CENTER OF THEIR UNIVERSE....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-18, 05:22 AM   #22
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
If and when this happens there may not even be people on Earth. We may be extinct. Stephen Hawking recommended before his death that humanity's best chance would be to spread out to neighboring stars.
If everything else fails to kill us, the Sun will be hot enough to finish the job in about 1 billion years.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-18, 09:14 AM   #23
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I think the article said the cluster was 12.4 billion years away. Which is about right for being on the edge of the observable universe. The Wilkinson Microwave Anisotrophy Probe revealed the universe to be 13.75 (+/- 10%) billion years old.

Interesting thing to note too is that Quantum Fluctuation predates the universe, is non-physical, acts upon the physical, created something from nothing. One could say science has discovered God as they are both defined much the same way.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-18, 09:36 AM   #24
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
So, I guess, you're a glass half-empty sort of person...

<I>
Full, always full - Somehow, and often with a little help from my friends, my glass is always full man : )

-----------------------------------------
The WMAP image above is mind blowing, I'm liking the Big Bounce theory nowadays, that's glass full thinking. - Ha!

Last edited by aanker; 04-29-18 at 09:55 AM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-18, 09:49 AM   #25
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel B. View Post
The 14 galaxies at the edge of the observable universe may have already collided. Given that the diameter of the observable universe is 93 billion light years, the light from those galaxies has taken about 46.5 billion years to reach us.

It always amazes me that we can look so far into the past by simply looking up. And that a few photons traveled unimaginable distances over billions or trillions of years, just to hit my retina.
Aren't there some theories that what we see may not even still be there, due to how long it took the light to get here anyway?

My Bible says that flesh and blood can not inherit the Kingdom of heaven ... that must also include the thought of space travel at the speed of light.
or achievement

Old 04-29-18, 09:56 AM   #26
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Aren't there some theories that what we see may not even still be there, due to how long it took the light to get here anyway?
Yes, as has been said before in this thread, light travels at 186,282 miles per second. Many of the things we see on the night sky are older than what we see because light takes so long to reach our eye. When you look at a star, you are looking at the past.

Some of the stars might not me there anymore, yet we see them. If our Sun goes off, it takes us 8 minutes to see it go off.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-18, 10:15 AM   #27
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default MY POINT-LINE-PLANE POSTULATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Interesting thing to note too is that Quantum Fluctuation predates the universe, is non-physical, acts upon the physical, created something from nothing. One could say science has discovered God as they are both defined much the same way.
AT 67,WITH MY LIMITED SENSORY SYSTEM, I ALWAYS SUFFER AN AFTERGLOW LIGHT PATTERN AFTER MY DAILY QUANTUM FLUCTUATION. ONE COULD INDEED SAY THE SCIENTIST HAVE DISCOVERED GOD...AND MY IMPRESSION IS: SHE'S REALLY PISSED OFF! AS FOR OUR PERCEPTION OF THE DISTANCE OR TIME APPARENTLY INVOLVED; SCIENTISTS AGREE 90% OF THE UNIVERE IS INVIBLE SO WHAT WE SEE IS A PIDDLING 10%!!! FORGET IT :Edgar Cayce HAD THE CORRECT VIEW IMHO:
Quote:
Learn these lessons well: First, the continuity of life. There is no time; it is one time. There is no space; it is one space. There is no force, other than all force in its various phases and applications. The individual is such a part of God that one’s thoughts may become crimes or miracles, for thoughts are deeds. That that one metes must be met again. That one applies will be applied again and again until that oneness of time, space, force are learned and the individual is one with the whole.”
OR AS EINSTEIN PUT IT: THE DISTINCTOIN BETWEEN PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE IS ONLY A STUBBORNLY PERSISTANT ILLUSION"

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-17-19 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-29-18, 11:27 AM   #28
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
AS FOR OUR PERCEPTION OF THE DISTANCE OR TIME APPARENTLY INVOLVED; SCIENTISTS AGREE 90% OF THE UNIVERE IS INVIBLE SO WHAT WE SEE IS A PIDDLING 10%!!!

And according to modern day theories what we do see may be an expression of totally ethereal information, an illusion.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-18, 01:10 PM   #29
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
And according to modern day theories what we do see may be an expression of totally ethereal information, an illusion.
... AND A BAD RETINA!

Old 04-29-18, 04:04 PM   #30
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
or achievement