SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-23, 09:30 AM   #14176
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome back!

kraszus!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 09:42 AM   #14177
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraszus View Post
Is there any way to disable the red light when viewing the Nav map at night? I can barely read markers, measurements, protractor angles, etc. [EDIT] Ignore this. This was a problem with Grenso's Submarine Environment mod...not TWoS.

For GSE you just have to delete the "Night_filter.dds" you can find in "GSE v2.0.1 by GrenSo\data\Menu\Gui" and activate GSE again. Than you have stock/TWoS night view on mp.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 09:54 AM   #14178
kraszus
Mate

Downloads: 355
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
For GSE you just have to delete the "Night_filter.dds" you can find in "GSE v2.0.1 by GrenSo\data\Menu\Gui" and activate GSE again. Than you have stock/TWoS night view on mp.

That's great! Thanks, Grenso.
kraszus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 10:08 AM   #14179
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraszus View Post
Thanks, Grenso.

You're welcome.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-23, 03:44 AM   #14180
Thurgi
Cadet

Downloads: 0

Hello everyone - after a long break I'm back on board and am currently facing the problem that the mod pack cannot be activated/installed in the Steam game.

I suspect that it has to do with the missing "normal" installation - but actually don't get it somehow right now. Do I still have to download the original SH5.exe for the Steam version and start it from there or not?
Thurgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-23, 08:45 AM   #14181
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurgi View Post
Hello everyone - after a long break I'm back on board and am currently facing the problem that the mod pack cannot be activated/installed in the Steam game.

I suspect that it has to do with the missing "normal" installation - but actually don't get it somehow right now. Do I still have to download the original SH5.exe for the Steam version and start it from there or not?
Hey Thurgi
Did you respect the recommendations provided by Vecko??? especially for Steam version..TWoS - OptionsFileEditorViewer be careful when activating imperatively respect this crucial step...uais:uais:
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-23, 12:59 AM   #14182
Propnut17
Mate

Downloads: 68

Thurgi, do you not have an old Steam backup of SH5 that you can first install and then apply the TWoS update afterwards?
Propnut17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-23, 01:29 AM   #14183
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurgi View Post

If you have Steam version of the game, TWoS will work fine if you install the game via Steam and then run TWoS installer. Only problem I faced is that Ubisoft Launcher doesn't work anymore and you have to download Ubisoft Connect to launch the game.

Which Windows version are you running? On Windows 7, Ubisoft Connect is known to have problems requiring further workaround. On Windows 10/11 it will run without any further tweaks.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-23, 08:21 AM   #14184
Paddy0281
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 11

Hello, I'm new to the game and have a few questions:

-Have the problem that for example in the first mission against Poland only the 2 ships of the task force and 1 freighter drive around.

2 . Mission British East Coast. Usually only find small freighters and hardly get any tonage together.

When I end the game, I get a summary and all missions say failed.

Is there a minimum tonage that you have to sink?

-When will the Bturm be available for the Uboot VIIA or under what criteria will improvements or new Uboots be obtained?

-How do I find out the opponent's speed based on the distance covered on the map?

Sry in advance for my ignorance.
Paddy0281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-23, 11:09 AM   #14185
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Paddy0281! With regard to the tonnage in the Brirish East Coast scenario: stay precisely within the games' boundary line for the 'east coast" ie: hog the British coastline: incl. all targets to accumulate the necessary tonnage to fulfill the mission. In the Polish campaign work your way into the bay and west toward the moorage at the west end; several targets incl. the pre-dreadnaught will manifest themselves and some others in the Baltic as U make your escape back to your homeport. Use the deck gun HE shells on the small tanker(of the first three 'practice' ships when summoned to the bridge) to save eels as they burn quite easily! No reason to be sorry: this entire forum was created for ignorant ers!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-10-23 at 11:17 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-23, 04:10 PM   #14186
Shifty06
Nub

Downloads: 1
Default Needing Help with TWOS install

I have DL the steam version. Made sure game launched followed the PDF directions. Made sure the Ubisoft updater was disabled and running in offline mode. I played this game years ago when it was still active.

However I do have a fresh install on this PC. As it was never installed on this PC. Anyway I have followed the PDF to a T. I DL the TWO'S full expansion pack. when I open my Download folder I get a CRDOWNLOAD file called unconfirmed 288787 trying to open in Note pad. When I try to open it just says to large to open in wordpad.
Shifty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-23, 04:19 PM   #14187
Shifty06
Nub

Downloads: 1
Default Needing Help with TWOS install

After some googling I have found it was an issue with windows OP system t
Shifty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 02:10 AM   #14188
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Hi, news of Vecko ? he has been absent for some times
Old 08-25-23, 06:31 PM   #14189
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Welcome to SUBSIM Paddy0281

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-23, 03:04 PM   #14190
yagura
Seaman

Downloads: 35
Icon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Hi, news of Vecko ? he has been absent for some times
Perhaps I remember incorrectly, but it is my understanding that he is not planning on making more changes. I think I read this somewhere on these forums, maybe even in this thread some pages back in a message from Vecko himself.
yagura is offline   Reply With Quote