SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-09, 01:54 PM   #271
Torlub
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default some bugs

Hi, I'm new in this forum. I am playing SH series for some time now, SH4 v1.5 (single DVD with U-Boat missions add-on) just for few days. I have found these problems:
1) Sending message through "send status" to comsubpac gives me empty answer. My first problem was that I almost run out of diesel and I thought that I will be able to call a resuply ship or something in this way. I have tried it few times in different missions and always get the answer without a message text, just "From: comsubpac To: my_submarine" and no text.

2) When on the surface with no big waves, watchmen are disappearing for few seconds and then appearing back on the deck. When I check the watch efficiency in the crew management screen it is doing the same - going from let's say 80% down to 0% and back for few seconds. Don't like it.

3) Even if I have skilled watchmen with full efficiency I am able to see the ship with TBT when on surface a bit sooner than my watchmen. Especially in night. Moreover, when they see a ship they are most of the time saying "ship spotted" but without the bearing information. If there is a one ship on the horizon, they will say "ship spotted" many times in few minutes, but to find out bearing I have to search by myself (this maybe depends on watchmen skill, but still it has to be negative number to make a watchman so stupid)
Torlub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-10, 04:27 AM   #272
itman
Seaman

Downloads: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torlub View Post

...snip alot...

3) Even if I have skilled watchmen with full efficiency I am able to see the ship with TBT when on surface a bit sooner than my watchmen. Especially in night. Moreover, when they see a ship they are most of the time saying "ship spotted" but without the bearing information. If there is a one ship on the horizon, they will say "ship spotted" many times in few minutes, but to find out bearing I have to search by myself (this maybe depends on watchmen skill, but still it has to be negative number to make a watchman so stupid)
If you watch closly, you'll notice that they point in the opposite direction of the spotted ships though.
itman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 08:42 AM   #273
Svendog
Seaman

Downloads: 168
Default Radar bug

Hi all,
I've just read through this thread and no one seems to have had this problem.

When I leave port, the radar works perfectly, detecting air and surface contacts. But if I man the radar station myself then go back to map, the radar no longer works. Planes are only spotted visually when they're right on top of me.

I've tried switching it off/on changing sweep from single to continuous etc., but nothing will make it work.

Has anyone noticed this and is there a fix other than reloading the game?

Regards,

Sven.
Old 01-25-12, 11:05 PM   #274
donjuan49
Swabbie

Downloads: 193

Whenever I start a campaign or mission with the type XVIII Walther boat the game crashes. Does anyone know how i can fix this problem?
donjuan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 05:36 PM   #275
Kaptain Kanada
Swabbie

Downloads: 20

I have a clean install with the steam version and whenever I play as the Americans I am apparently a part of the IJN as when I get into a mission I'm based in Singapore and all US ports are Hostile while Axis ports are Friendly. In the tutorial missions I am attacked by US ships and told I have sunk friendlies if I attack Japanese forces.

I've searched intensively for anything but have turned up with nothing...
Kaptain Kanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-13, 03:21 PM   #276
Snarf
Officer

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 10

Forgive me if any of this is repost, but my bugs so far are:
1. some of my us torpedos turned into german torpedos upon loading a save
2. for some reason CO2 started climbing and climbing, while on the surface i might add, and nothing would bring it down. re loaded save and CO2 was normal
3. Batteries drain in a matter of seconds when rigged for silent
4. FPS seems fine until i am in deck gun zoom, then it drops drastically
5. Hydrophone station doesn't work. when in sound contact range of destroyer (crew alerted me), manual operation of the hydrophone returned nothing.
Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 12:05 AM   #277
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

I've had 1.5 for several days now, one bug - or is it a "feature"? - I haven't seen mentioned. In a US career, got a destroyer, light cruiser, heavy cruiser, and a battleship ahead. Switch the periscope TDC to torpedo settings with tube 1 selected, the depth automatically changes to an appropriate contact depth for whichever target you lock up. Set it for a different depth and it stays put, but it's a bit disconcerting to see it jump to different depths by itself. This is with auto targeting BTW, haven't tried it with manual.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-18, 03:47 PM   #278
fireblade274
Swabbie

Default Is anyone still on this thread?

My specs:
i5 4690k oc to 4.6 ghz
win10 64 bit
2x HD6950s crossfired
480gb SSD
8gb RAM
750w

I have a crashing issue with the uboat add on, after a short time of game play new and old saves crash my computer. loading old ones result in immediate crash, new saves, my last one I deployed to the Solomon islands (i think), encountered a convoy, dived, took out a few ships, went to free cam to see last torpedo hit, when I went underwater to view near enemy ship, crashes computer. this is just one example, many similar others where crashing happens after 20-30 min of gameplay. Never installed or tried to use mods on SH4; could a mega mod help or will base game crashing mean any mod added wont help?

When the computer crashes, whole thing crashes. No CTD; i have to hard restart my computer. Multiple fresh re installs, of sh4 base then uboats, cccleaner used to clear registry, verified files of uboats, nothing stops the crashes. re installed video card driver. very annoying because in the past i rarely had problems with sh4.

These crashes are in american campaign of uboats add on; when i play the actual new campaign in uboats, I get the well known "unable to accelerate past 250x time compression with out getting like 1 fps after doing a bit of the campaign. this is why i switched to the american campaign to see if that did anything, but now i just get the crashing issue before I get far enough to see if the time compression bug is still there.

Im reinstalling sh4 base after deleting both to see if i have anyproblems with that, but id like to play the expansion so i can get the 1.5 update, and play the expansion I paid for. If anyone follows this, any pointers on which directions i should go to start sorting all this out?

Thank you much, fire
fireblade274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-18, 04:28 PM   #279
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Mhmmm ... sounds like a big mistake.
Uninstall SH4 completely, delete the folder under "My Documents / SH4" and run the cleaner. Then best a restart of the OS and complete reinstallation of Silent Hunter 4.

But now I have to ask, as a precaution, where do you install SH4 ... Steam?!?
Old 02-16-18, 11:41 PM   #280
fireblade274
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Mhmmm ... sounds like a big mistake.
Uninstall SH4 completely, delete the folder under "My Documents / SH4" and run the cleaner. Then best a restart of the OS and complete reinstallation of Silent Hunter 4.

But now I have to ask, as a precaution, where do you install SH4 ... Steam?!?
yess.. its on steam. sadly.

I deleted everything, including in my docs and cleaner (cleaner found some stuff and deleted it). Re installed stock sh4, just played that with no ad on, and after an hour got the same crash while looking at enemy ship hull underwater in freecam. never had this problem before. back a year or 2 ago when I used to play last, I had the same setup i have now with my rig, and in stock sh4 no expansion, it would rarely crash. Only happened a handful of times and after 3-4+ hrs of game play. Im going to start a new post in the sh4 base section since im having the same issue w/o the uboat add on

Last edited by fireblade274; 02-17-18 at 12:04 AM.
fireblade274 is offline   Reply With Quote