SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-15-23, 12:34 AM   #1
dsawan
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default Boarding operations?

I always wondered if anyone thought of doing a mod for this sim for boarding ops as an option. I am not sure how it ould be imlemented. the only two games I know that have it are sci-fi games. The star wars x-wing/tie fighter series and starfleet command gold edition. I guess it could be made for the silent hunter series 3 on up, My suggestions would be a panel or window to follow sending a boarding party to seize a ship as a prize. It would have to be random ships merchant swith some kind of crew rating compared to the u-boats boarding cpabaility. Maybe use numbes from 1-100 in skill. Some merchant ships could have crews with low ratings and some high or medium thar are skilled in anti-boarding ops. ZBut the AI would be a afctor here.
This was a procedure doen before unrestricted sub warfare. I think it would be fun and add to the richness of the series, Just a thought. The star wars ones are too easy as you hear "boarding operations complete all the time without uch of a struggle. Starfleet command is trickier as transporter room lock might not work at times. Anyway, just an idea.
dsawan is offline   Reply With Quote