SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-23-10, 03:03 PM   #31
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
I agree - would give loads of potential if it can be done. We could link beards to grow at every 10% as well .
And food reserves to go down with fuel levels as well.
omg, this could be more than awesome and should break the mighty boredom aboard the sub. If somebody figures out how to do that, SteelViking maybe can work on his interior mod also and make things that can change in time. Brilliant idea, now lets see how and who can this make it happen....
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 09:34 PM   #32
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
If someone figures out how to do this, I could also make several levels of interior rust/dirt/wear to work with it.
I was just reading in the SHIII forums. Someone already figured out how to make the food stuffs go away over time and it is linked to fuel levels. I am certain this MOD can be imported into SH5.

Weathered effects could be some type of lensing flare effect that changes with fuel level or something like the chalk board in TDW's Multi-UI's. That way you just have the one skin with multiple layers.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 10:05 PM   #33
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I was just reading in the SHIII forums. Someone already figured out how to make the food stuffs go away over time and it is linked to fuel levels. I am certain this MOD can be imported into SH5.

Weathered effects could be some type of lensing flare effect that changes with fuel level or something like the chalk board in TDW's Multi-UI's. That way you just have the one skin with multiple layers.
Can you locate the mod that was for SHIII? We can at least dissect it in S3D and see if what they did is possible in SH5. It should be possible. We have pretty much all the controllers from SHIII in SH5, plus even more new ones.

Also, could someone post a link to just the Chalk Board mod please?

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 05:41 PM   #34
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Can you locate the mod that was for SHIII? We can at least dissect it in S3D and see if what they did is possible in SH5. It should be possible. We have pretty much all the controllers from SHIII in SH5, plus even more new ones.
I can not find the stand alone MOD. I think it is part of GWX Gold...

Old 08-24-10, 05:45 PM   #35
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I don't believe GWX 3 included that.
If it did?
I am not aware of it.
Old 08-24-10, 06:31 PM   #36
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

http://www.divingduck.de/
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 04:48 AM   #37
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Seems like is gwx4. This is the video extracted from divingduck.de with the food vanishing: Seems like it was released about 1 year ago .. [09-22-2009]

Just looking at the videos on that page .. I'm stunned. I find it very hard to believe that SH3 got moded so hardcore, the interior looks way better than what we have now in SH5 and is worked in every level of detail, is like a completely different game. Ubi don't deserve these awesome community of moders, I just can't find the right words to express my appreciations in front of these people who made all these things for free, just because they love this sim. Again.. shame on Ubi.. they just collect the money and leave others to finish their products.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 03:36 PM   #38
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Seems like is gwx4. This is the video extracted from divingduck.de with the food vanishing: Seems like it was released about 1 year ago .. [09-22-2009]

Just looking at the videos on that page .. I'm stunned. I find it very hard to believe that SH3 got moded so hardcore, the interior looks way better than what we have now in SH5 and is worked in every level of detail, is like a completely different game. Ubi don't deserve these awesome community of moders, I just can't find the right words to express my appreciations in front of these people who made all these things for free, just because they love this sim. Again.. shame on Ubi.. they just collect the money and leave others to finish their products.
You can make the skin change over time using the same method used for the food stuffs disappearing but reverse the dial so it adds layers to the skin as fuel is used up.
Each layer could be Transparent(Oppacity) and as layers are added the effect becomes more and more visable as each layer is added. Maybe add four(4) additional layers on top of the starting skin. This would require adding 4 new Nodes to the Submarine Hull and Tower GR2 files.
Look at how Ducimus adds his T01A and T02B skins in TMO as a example.
Not sure how this would work if someone gets the damage model to show sub damage.

Old 08-25-10, 04:14 PM   #39
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post

Wow can't belive thats SH4. I never realised it was that modded, shame they never released GWX4.
If they did SH5 would have died already. This utube vid says it all
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 04:36 PM   #40
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

State machine class guys, you can build in timers and other conditions with it and simply hide objects along the way. In SH4 it is also possible to animate textures (warp/move etc) with texture animation import support in S3D. See the smoke on the coffee mug in the office....
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 05:21 PM   #41
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
State machine class guys, you can build in timers and other conditions with it and simply hide objects along the way. In SH4 it is also possible to animate textures (warp/move etc) with texture animation import support in S3D. See the smoke on the coffee mug in the office....
There is a texture animation controller available in Goblin, however, no one has really figured out how to use it yet. I would guess that it could be used to make this effect just the same. Will S3D be able to do this in the update for SH5?

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 07:14 PM   #42
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Only for DAT-files using SH4 technique. I don't know if the controller you are referring to is the same one. If it is you can't use it in goblin because you need to import uv coordinates per each frame. Basically, in such an animation the mesh is static, as is the material, while the UV mapping interpolated on a timeline.

To simply swap texures use SMC or TextureChanger controller though the latter may not work (think it's from SH3 and unimplemented in SH4). To hide/show objects, start animations, play sounds etc, use SMC or other controller depending on effect/conditions needed.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-10, 07:38 PM   #43
nozaurio
Planesman

Downloads: 65

TheBeast Greetings.

Download and install this excellent mod and I noticed I had some of the textures with the name Conning_7C_02_albrecht_bak.dds, which is the texture of the guard tower, I took the liberty to use his original textures of the old tower to the hull of submarine.

Add fasteners as the original submarine, of course, still much work ...

I am posting some shots of my work, yours included and if you will permit me, I'll keep working on these textures, of course, always with his credits include ...

Thanks and congratulations for this good job ...

Sorry for my poor English, I am using a translator for correction of my spelling errors ...

nozaurio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-10, 09:35 PM   #44
TheBeast
The Old Man

Anyone can use my work how ever they like.

Old 10-10-10, 09:56 PM   #45
nozaurio
Planesman

Downloads: 65

Thanks...

Greetings...
nozaurio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
graphics, mod, skin