SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-27-22, 03:46 PM   #2581
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0

Oh my God...
your Type 139 is INCREDIBLE !!!
can't wait

Rapidi Ed Invisibili-the campaign (an italian mod for SH4)
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 08:33 AM   #2582
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Thanks for the words of support guys!

You can now muster your crew upon entering and leaving port using ACTUAL crew slots, instead of the modified snorkel I showed earlier.

The snorkel, which has been freed up, can be used for maybe another special event. Like burying dead crewmembers at sea, for instance.

I can also mod in kill pennants if you like, but I would need to replace one of the periscopes to do this; not 100% sure if that is a good idea. It would depend on how much people use both periscopes when playing the game.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 01:11 PM   #2583
SlySkydiver
Swabbie

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post

You can now muster your crew upon entering and leaving port using ACTUAL crew slots, instead of the modified snorkel I showed earlier.

The snorkel, which has been freed up, can be used for maybe another special event. Like burying dead crewmembers at sea, for instance.

I can also mod in kill pennants if you like, but I would need to replace one of the periscopes to do this; not 100% sure if that is a good idea. It would depend on how much people use both periscopes when playing the game.
The more I see of this mod the more excited and impressed I get with your work! This is truly one of a kind!
SlySkydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 01:19 PM   #2584
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post

Nice touch!

Well, if they had two periscopes, best to keep two, especially in case one is destroyed. If they only had one, then would go with the pennant,
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 03:55 PM   #2585
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Would be nice to add some life to the crew on deck.
Old 06-28-22, 07:13 PM   #2586
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Would be nice to add some life to the crew on deck.
Hey there, good to hear from you. They are animated (with Silent Hunter 4 standard animations). So they fidget and rub themselves a little bit when they stand on deck. I used one of the interior animation routines and added a bunch of crew slots on the bow.

I have two sort of unrelated questions for you:

1) - Have you had any luck getting rid of the "Jello Water" bug for SH4? Where waves are distorted when you exceed about 32x time compression and the weather changes? I spent many days trying to resolve this bug and I couldn't. Especially frustrating because, not to brag but IMO my wave modifications look better than stock water. This "Jello water" bug has affected literally every weather mod/supermod combo I have tried, and stock SH4.

For now my workaround is to have two sets of weather files: one with no wave state changes for players who use time compression above 32x, and another set for people who play SH4 in real time. Far from an ideal solution, obviously.

2) Do you know of any way to have an extensible object that can be raised gradually like a periscope, or is the number of periscopes hard coded? I would like the player to be able to raise a string of kill flags incrementally so that for instance, 25% raised = 4 kill flags, 50% raised = 8 kills, etc. I could use the snorkel for kill flags but I can't raise it incrementally.
Old 06-28-22, 09:11 PM   #2587
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

There's a LOT of torpedo tubes that would probably be available once you did new animations.
Old 07-13-22, 07:49 AM   #2588
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Mini update: All is well but the Wolves of the Kaiser staff is going on a brief vacation with family! There will be few posts between now and July 25th.

Expect new images July 25th - August 1st.

Past few days have seen more work on the UB-I model (which will be featured soon ingame), conning towers for U-23 and U-27, and more.

Also work on new AI crew in panic state/jumping overboard from damaged ships when you start to shell/torpedo them. The new crew look a lot better than the low polygon SH3 and early SH4 figures. I have found a way to generate semi-random body movements as they run on deck - nice! Now my main issue is generating crowds with minimal work....but I suspect I can resolve it.

Jeff Groves, Capt. Lehmann, and Admiral Gerlach, expect additional private messages soon!
Old 07-13-22, 07:40 PM   #2589
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Sounds good, Iambecomelife.

Enjoy your vacation!

If you're in a submarine....

SINK'EM ALL!!!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 07:49 PM   #2590
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 162

Hi Sir, any news from the front ?

BTW, recently, I reworked on the sound project for WotK and remade the music tracks, adding many new from movies and docs and taking some from the original SH3 and SH4.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pltl1...Music.rar/file
Hope you'll enjoy it
Some time ago I sent you a new intro for the mod, in case you want a new one. Did you like it ?

I was even thinking to change the speech's folder too, adding some voices from SH5, just for addictional immersion; let me know if you want I change something or if you prefere the version I sent you on January.

K.O.L.

Rapidi Ed Invisibili-the campaign (an italian mod for SH4)
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 05:28 AM   #2591
kongovsfuso142
Torpedoman

Downloads: 863
Default Love the pics of this mod.

I cant wait to play it one day.

Kongo.
Old 08-20-22, 03:25 PM   #2592
Zinmar
Commander

Downloads: 276
Default Deutchland Modeled?

Will you be including the unarmed Deutchland in the game? An historical mission where you have to sneak out of the area to get the cargo you're carrying to port?
Zinmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 05:26 AM   #2593
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
Hi Sir, any news from the front ?

BTW, recently, I reworked on the sound project for WotK and remade the music tracks, adding many new from movies and docs and taking some from the original SH3 and SH4.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pltl1...Music.rar/file
Hope you'll enjoy it
Some time ago I sent you a new intro for the mod, in case you want a new one. Did you like it ?

I was even thinking to change the speech's folder too, adding some voices from SH5, just for addictional immersion; let me know if you want I change something or if you prefere the version I sent you on January.

K.O.L.
Thank you very much; this is being downloaded. If you want to add SH5 voices I think that may be nice; I like that the English voices in SH5 are accented without sounding too overbearing.

Aboujt music, though, I have a couple tracks already in mind that I may use though it's still up in the air ..... some of them come from the WWI flight simulator Red Baron 3d: Full Canvas Jacket and include patriotic speeches from various WWI leaders. Also might use music from several war movies: Gladiator, Flyboys, and Blackhawk Down (Steve Jablonsky and Paul Newman, etc.)

About the Deutschland - unfortunately Deutschland will not be included in the initial release (possibly later as an enhancement after the main release comes out).
Old 09-01-22, 07:23 AM   #2594
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Miscellaneous shots of the latest work. Happy to say I resolved a CTD bug in Museum and now multiple units have been added with no crashes! UB-I, U-23, U-27, and U-31 classes.

Old 09-01-22, 07:25 AM   #2595
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter