Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-23, 07:25 AM   #4516
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 0

VERY good
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-23, 02:26 PM   #4517
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I'll be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first – rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_p...20rock%20music.

“Christianity will go,” Lennon said, according to Cleave’s article. “It will vanish and shrink. I needn’t argue about that; I’m right and I will be proved right. We’re more popular than Jesus now; I don’t know which will go first—rock ’n’ roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It’s them twisting it that ruins it for me.”
https://www.britannica.com/story/did...lar-than-jesus

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-23, 02:32 PM   #4518
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

1770 Boston Massacre (Incident on King Street): British soldiers kill 5 men in a crowd throwing snowballs, stones and sticks at them. African American Crispus Attucks 1st to die; later held up as early black martyr. Massacre galvanizes anti-British feelings.

1915 World War I: The LZ 33, a zeppelin, is damaged by enemy fire and stranded south of Ostend.

1936 Spitfire makes its 1st flight (Eastleigh Aerodrome in Southampton)

1946 Winston Churchill's "Iron Curtain" speech in Fulton, Missouri, popularizes the term and draws attention to the division of Europe

1960 Elvis Presley ends 2-year hitch in US Army.

Old 03-05-23, 03:05 PM   #4519
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

On this day 70 years ago:

Josef Stalin dies in an age of 74

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-23, 01:46 PM   #4520
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

1836 Battle of the Alamo: After 13 days of fighting 1,500-3,000 Mexican soldiers overwhelm the Texan defenders, killing 182-257 Texans including William Travis, Jim Bowie and Davy Crockett.

1899 "Aspirin" (acetylsalicylic acid) patented by Felix Hoffmann at German company Bayer.

1918 US naval boat "Cyclops" disappears in Bermuda Triangle.

1964 Boxing legend Cassius Clay joins the Nation of Islam and changes his name to "Muhammad Ali", calling his former title a "slave name"

1967 Joseph Stalin's daughter Svetlana Allilujeva approaches the US Embassy in New Delhi, India, and asks for political asylum.

1998 British Union Flag begins to be flown full-mast over Buckingham Palace whenever British monarch not in residence, following change of protocol after the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.

Old 03-07-23, 02:42 PM   #4521
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

1936 Adolf Hitler breaks the Treaty of Versailles by sending troops into the Rhineland.

1942 15 Mk-VB Spitfires reach Malta.

1942 1st cadets graduated from flying school at Tuskegee, Alabama.

1946 Bikini Atoll islanders are evacuated by the US government to make way for a nuclear testing site.

1974 "USS Monitor", Union Ship sunk in 1862 during US Civil War, restored at Cape Hatteras.

1994 US Navy issues 1st permanent order assigning women on combat ship.

Old 03-08-23, 01:19 PM   #4522
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

1862 Naval Engagement at Hampton Roads, VA CSS Virginia, Jamestown & Yorktown vs USS Cumberland, Congress & Monitor.

1915 1st US navy minelayer, Baltimore, commissioned.

1916 US invades Cuba for 3rd time, this to end corrupt Menocal regime.

1961 US nuclear submarine Patrick Henry arrives at Scottish naval base of Holy Loch from South Carolina in a record underseas journey of 66 days 22 hrs.

1973 The Provisional Irish Republican Army undertakes its first operation in Great Britain, planting four car bombs in London; 10 members of PIRA are arrested at Heathrow Airport while trying to leave the country.

2014 Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 with 239 people loses contact and disappears, prompting the most expensive search effort in history and one of the most enduring aviation mysteries.

Old 03-08-23, 04:01 PM   #4523
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

1973 The Provisional Irish Republican Army undertakes its first operation in Great Britain, planting four car bombs in London; 10 members of PIRA are arrested at Heathrow Airport while trying to leave the country.

Undertakes its first TERRORIST attack, cowardly planting 4 bombs, killing innocent people. This item makes it sound like a regular armed forces which it IS NOT. I assume these dates are written by an american, proud supporters of irish terrorism.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-23, 02:20 PM   #4524
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

1916 Mexican General Francisco "Pancho" Villa invades US (18 killed)

1935 Adolf Hitler publicly announces the creation of a new air force, the Luftwaffe.

1945 334 US B-29 Superfortresses attack Tokyo with 120,000 fire bombs.

1953 Joseph Stalin's funeral is held in Moscow after four days of national mourning.

1971 Three off-duty Scottish soldiers are killed by the Provisional Irish Republican Army; 4000 shipyard workers take to the streets to demand internment in response.

1972 Four members of the Irish Republican Army (IRA) die in a premature explosion at a house in Clonard Street, Lower Falls, Belfast.

1974 Last Japanese soldier, a guerrilla operating in the Philippines, surrenders, 29 years after World War II ended.

1994 IRA launch 1st of 3 mortar attacks on London's Heathrow Airport.

Old 03-10-23, 11:43 AM   #4525
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon9 HEY Dusty! Won't you be mine?

1906: About 1100 French miners in Courrières, France were killed by a coal-dust explosion. 500 miners escaped incl.
Quote:
A group of thirteen survivors, known later as the rescapés, was found by rescuers on 30 March, twenty days after the explosion.They had survived at first by eating bark from the crossbeams, later by eating a rotting mine horse.[8] They avoided dehydration by drinking the water dripping from the walls. The two eldest (39 and 40 years old) were awarded the Légion d'honneur, the other eleven (including three younger than 18 years of age) received the Médaille d'or du courage.[citation needed] A final survivor was found on 4 April.
Only a similar disaster in China in 1942, under Japanese control, (1500) has been worse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courrières_mine_disaster https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benxihu_Colliery

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-10-23 at 12:17 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-23, 01:26 PM   #4526
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

1920 Home Rule Act passed by the British Parliament, dividing Ireland into two parts; it is rejected by the southern counties, where the Ango-Irish war continues for a year.

1927 Bavaria lifts ban on Adolf Hitler's speeches.

1944 U-575 sinks British corvette HMS Asphodel in the Atlantic Ocean killing 92 of the 97 men aboard.

1945 Deadliest air raid of World War II sets Tokyo on fire after night time B-29 bombings, more than 100,000 people die, mostly civilians.

1966 North Vietnamese capture US Green Beret Camp at Ashau Valley.

1968 North Vietnamese and communist Laotion troops overrun a secret US radar facility, Lima Site 85, on a Laos mountaintop.

Old 03-11-23, 02:59 PM   #4527
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

1935 Hermann Goering officially creates the Luftwaffe (German Air Force)

1941 FDR signs Lend-Lease Bill, allowing US to provide material support to Great Britain's war effort in return for future use of land for US military bases in England.

2011 9.0 magnitude earthquake strikes 130 km (80 miles) east of Sendai, Japan, triggering a tsunami killing thousands of people and causing the second worst nuclear accident in history at Fukushima nuclear plant.

2018 China's National People's Congress approves removal of term limits for a leader, will allow Xi Jinping presidency for life.

2020 COVID-19 declared a pandemic by the head of the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, with 121,564 cases worldwide and 4,373 deaths.

Old 03-12-23, 12:54 PM   #4528
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
2020 COVID-19 declared a pandemic by the head of the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, with 121,564 cases worldwide and 4,373 deaths.
That was 'the good 'ol daze'
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Quote:
Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:654,420,553
Quote:
It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States. Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older. The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic. While the 1918 H1N1 virus has been synthesized and evaluated, the properties that made it so devastating are not well understood. With no vaccine to protect against influenza infection and no antibiotics to treat secondary bacterial infections that can be associated with influenza infections, control efforts worldwide were limited to non-pharmaceutical interventions such as isolation, quarantine, good personal hygiene, use of disinfectants, and limitations of public gatherings, which were applied unevenly. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...ic-history.htm
Avian related Flu killed 10%; Bat virus whether natural or Wuhan-Lab released Corona does .009% BOTTOM LINE: Impact to me: don't get the flu vaccine and the Phizer booster vaccine in the same shoulder on the same day! Plus, after 17 years guarding ATM techs it's impossible to tell the bad masked guys from the good masked guys around an open ATM machine, so I hung it up and simply retired...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-12-23 at 11:25 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-23, 12:48 PM   #4529
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

1905 Mata Hari first performs her dance act at the Guimet Museum, Paris.

1940 Finland-Russian cease fire signed, the Winter War ends. Finland gives up Karelische.

1943 Failed assassin attempt on Adolf Hitler during Smolensk-Rastenburg flight.

1943 Nazis liquidate the Jewish ghetto in Kraków; Oskar Schindler with advance information, saves his workers by keeping them in his factory overnight.

Old 03-14-23, 02:30 PM   #4530
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

1899 German Ferdinand von Zeppelin receives a US patent for a "Navigable Balloon"

1915 German cruiser Dresden scuttled off Más a Tierra, Chile, having been pursued by the Royal Navy after the Battle of the Falkland Islands, with her engines worn out and virtually no coal.

1918 1st concrete ship to cross the Atlantic (Faith) is launched in San Francisco.

1923 German Supreme Court prohibits NSDAP (Nazi party)

1923 US President Warren G. Harding becomes 1st president to pay taxes.

1967 JFK's body moved from temporary grave to a permanent memorial.

1972 Two IRA members shot dead by British soldiers in the Bogside area of Derry.

1973 Future US senator John McCain is released after spending over five years in a North Vietnamese prisoner of war camp.

1984 Gerry Adams, head of Sinn Féin, is seriously wounded in an assassination attempt in central Belfast.