Closed Thread

Old 07-12-23, 03:26 PM   #11836
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
We will see. Usually your views on this topic are far more optimistic than mine. But so far they have not shown to be right. I am much more cautious in declaring Russia "dead". If I wpouöld go b y all the analysis of the past 18 monthsk, Put9n should have died severla death by now, died of sweverla diferent forms of cancer, the Russians hould be unable to fire missiles since many months, the economy should be collapsing anew every month, and their Rubel should have been dissapeared from the international market.

Es bringt nichts, sich die Dinge schönzureden.
That Putin is ill is a decade old story Russian people talk about, but Russia was ruled by a person with terminal cancer in the past I do not believe those stories till I see the coffin. The missiles they fire are not the most guided ones anymore, but we do not know the exact numbers and their targets are not cause Ukraine will surrender, they only used to show Russia how well the plan worked out. Economies never collapse after month(s) there are even economies that survived decades (Cuba) but it will help in the long run Russia needs imports for his war production, so every ruble devaluation cost their economy dearly all bits help to defeat Russia.

Britain did not survive being pessimistic, but in the belief they could win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.

Last edited by Dargo; 07-12-23 at 03:49 PM.
Dargo is online  
Old 07-12-23, 04:18 PM   #11837
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I am not pessimistic. I try to be realistic.

For some peopel the glass is always half full. For the others it is half empty. And then there are people like me - for us the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. Quite sober, eh?
Old 07-12-23, 04:50 PM   #11838
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Default Russian Soldiers Flaunt 'Captured' American Bradley In Ukraine And Send 'Greetings To

Russian Soldiers Flaunt 'Captured' American Bradley In Ukraine And Send 'Greetings To Zelensky

Old 07-12-23, 04:57 PM   #11839
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Default NATO terrorists Vehicles Blown Up while walking into mine Trap

NATO terrorists Vehicles Blown Up while walking into mine Trap

Old 07-12-23, 05:06 PM   #11840
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Remember it's not the question whether the glass is half full or half empty. The question is: What's in the glass

I try to keep a positive attitude on the war.

Ukrainian win some and lose some battle.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 07-12-23, 11:53 PM   #11841
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Meanwhile,

Some things to keep in mind:

The best way to showcase your top-line weapons, troops, and tactics is to let the bad guys see how you use them in action. Meaning, its easy to figure out a defense when these systems are hitting your front lines. Its even better to capture some of them for some reverse engineering.

Making Ukraine a full member of NATO right now means that Article V has been invoked and central and eastern Europe are now involved in WWIII. This is probably not a big deal if you live somewhere that isn't close to central or eastern Europe.

If NATO does nothing outside of the aid they already provide, Russia still gets weaker as time goes by. This isn't fair to Ukraine but it does mean that NATO winds up in a win-win situation by essentially doing nothing besides keeping the supply trains rolling. Russia may win some tactical battles but they lost any hope of a strategic victory the minute after they invaded. There is no kind of a storybook ending where Russia regains any trust from Europe. Even if they show footage of Putin hanging from a lamp post in Red Square and everyone in Russia sincerely apologizes to the rest of the world on CNN, the jig is up (at least for the next 50 years).
If you live in Russia and you miss all of the gun battles in the streets and play grounds and the assignations in your apartment building from back in the mid-90's, just be patient. They'll be back in full force over the next couple of years.
Old 07-13-23, 06:02 AM   #11842
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-13-23, 06:36 AM   #11843
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-13-23, 07:49 AM   #11844
Skybird
Soaring

This could have been written by me. The author says exactly the same.

https://www-focus-de.translate.goog/..._x_tr_pto=wapp
Old 07-13-23, 09:11 AM   #11845
Skybird
Soaring

The Tagesspiegel writes:

In a failed advance in the Zaporizhzhya region in early June, Ukrainian troops left behind several Western tanks - some destroyed or damaged. The good news is that a majority of the 25 vehicles are said to have only minor damage, according to an open-source analyst who shared his findings on Twitter. These should be quickly repaired, according to the analyst's assessment.

On June 8, a Ukrainian tank column of the 47th Brigade was ambushed by Russia near the village of Mala Tokmachka. At the outset, analysts counted the loss of one 2A6 Leopard tank and four abandoned U.S. Bradley M2 infantry fighting vehicles - three of which were probably damaged in the attack.

In the meantime, the number has more than doubled: the business magazine "Forbes" counts about 25 tanks, combat vehicles and technical vehicles of Western production that were briefly lost in Zaporizhzhya. However, the recovery of the equipment had already begun at the beginning of July.

For "Forbes," this is a clear indication that the Ukrainian army has made progress in this area. Otherwise, it would not be possible to safely recover the vehicles.

"About three to four brads are unrecoverable. The rest have slight damage," now writes Twitter user "david D.". Where he got the information from is not known. An independent verification is not possible. However, the account belongs to a large number of OSINT analysts who get their information from freely available sources.

Moreover, the recovered Leopard tank and the other Bradley M2 infantry fighting vehicles would only need a repair on the track to be operational again. "And some paint," the account jokes. In its damage analysis, it refers to images recently posted by a pro-Russian Telegram channel.

Of the 186 Bradleys delivered according to U.S. figures, more than 17 percent have already been destroyed, damaged or left behind, according to the OSINT blog "Oryx." "Oryx" counts Ukrainian and Russian army losses, among others.

Just a few days after the attack, the OSINT Twitter account "Ukraine Weapons Tracker" posted a photo of a Bradley infantry fighting vehicle in the workshop. However, it is unclear whether the vehicle is one damaged in the Russian ambush. "The vehicle was hit by heavy artillery fire, but all crew members reportedly survived," the account writes.

Quickly after the Russian attack on the armored column became known, criticism was voiced against the commanders of the 47th Brigade "The officers who planned and ordered this attack must be dismissed," demanded former Italian soldier and military expert Thomas C. Theiner.

Theiner suggested that an "ambush of Russian attack helicopters and Russian anti-tank defenses" had decimated the column. The anti-tank forces had hidden in rows of trees, Theiner wrote on Twitter. In addition, the column - which was maneuvering through a minefield - had been "hit by drone-based artillery fire."

The Russian "Alligator" helicopter likely played an important role in this. The range of their on-board weapons allows them to fly attacks on advancing Ukrainian troops from Russian-occupied territory, often protecting them from air defense systems. A dilemma for Kiev's troops.

----------

Germany and Poland meanwhile still have not agreed on actually erecting that announced Leopard-repair-facility in Poland that they promised already many months ago.
Old 07-13-23, 09:57 AM   #11846
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254

Old 07-13-23, 11:27 AM   #11847
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Which tells me Russia is on its way to lose to war-'cause now the dog threaten to bite where it is pressed up in the corner.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 07-13-23, 12:46 PM   #11848
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-13-23, 01:10 PM   #11849
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254

Pretentious and Dangerous biden: Peace and Security in Europe....
Old 07-13-23, 01:13 PM   #11850
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Not sure what your finding so funny but a great deal of the peace and security France enjoys today is due to the US and those who have led it.

Closed Thread