Old 06-07-23, 06:57 AM   #11236
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
^^
In his todays video he mentioned that the leader of the Wagner group was talking about using nukes-Not against Ukraine or NATO, but against other Russians in Russia.

This made me think. Not doubt that we are heading towards some kind of a civil war in Russia and where nukes are being used !!?

Markus
Good grief Markus, not sure whether to or

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 06-07-23, 07:18 AM   #11237
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Practically all media now have agreed to the narrative that external forces of nature and previosu damage sot the dam alone could not have led to the breaching, and that the destruction results from an explsion form inside the dam. Together this rates as practical evidence, AFAICS, that the dem was indeed blown up by Russia, sinc eonly Russian troops had access to the dam in the past months. The amphibous assault attempt south of Cherson and the overall offensive of the ukriane, a swell as the historic porecedences, the deliberate planning of the Siovjat Union ti use dams as trioggerable obstacles againmst enemy attacks, anbd the genweral disrespect of Russia for human life, that of civilians and that of even its own soldiers alike, provide a convincing the motive.

However, a surprise this action cannot have been to anyone. I already asked about the dam last late summer when the Ukrainians had their first offensive out of the starting block. The Ukrainian authorities in plac obviously alos were not surprised, but had plans prepared in the past months.

In a bitter way this even could work for Ukraine in a scenario where they lack the power to retake ground by force and must try to retake Crimea by besieging it. If they then also destroy the Kerch bridge completely, no more sweet water will go into Crimea. Russian autorities say the regional reservoirs currently are filled to 80%, which means, translated from the Russian into realistic language, that it probably is less. The bad side of it: not only Russian occupiers will be thirsty, but civilians as well (many of them being pro-Russian, Crimea was, before the war, the only oblast where a clearly identified majority of people of I think around 56% were pro-Russian: to what degree this has changed upwards or downwards I have no clue, in Odessa for example even a huge majority of former pro-Russians were turned by Russian actions into strong supporters of the Ukrainian cause, and turned against Russia). Also, like flooding and washout from it, dry erosion also destroys fertile agricultural farmland, that once destroyed takes generations and generations to be rebuild. This also could be an explanation why the Russians destroyed the dam: because they expect to be not able to keep Crimea, so they leave just scorched earth.
Old 06-07-23, 07:43 AM   #11238
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Never mind the dam, watch the video posted in #11234 from 8 minutes onwards.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-07-23, 07:55 AM   #11239
Skybird
Soaring

https://www-die--tagespost-de.transl..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Quote:
But Washington's strategy also seems to be delaying a quick end to the war: the Americans will only ever supply Ukraine with as much in weapons as is needed to even out the imbalance on the battlefield, says Colonel Reisner. "The U.S. doesn't want to humiliate the Russians, it just wants to show them that there is no point in the war." The Americans did not want to "corner the Russians," but rather to prevent escalation. And not only to avoid a geographic expansion of hostilities: "No one can want Russia to disintegrate," Markus Reisner said, because, "What happens to the thousands of nuclear weapons then?"
Old 06-07-23, 08:48 AM   #11240
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
^^
In his todays video he mentioned that the leader of the Wagner group was talking about using nukes-Not against Ukraine or NATO, but against other Russians in Russia.

This made me think. Not doubt that we are heading towards some kind of a civil war in Russia and where nukes are being used !!?

Markus

[FR]
In a video interview with the Donbass Today telegram channel, he [Prigoschin) said, "I am afraid that they are toying with the idea of dropping a small nuclear bomb on their own territory. It's scary to drop it on foreign territory, but we can hit our own to show how sick and psychotic we are." Thus, he said, the nuclear strike could be aimed at a Russian village in the Belgorod region, which in the future would be occupied by forces from Ukraine.

We must make sure to catch it on video, and then broadcast it across all Russia.
Old 06-07-23, 08:56 AM   #11241
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ Thank you

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 06-07-23, 09:02 AM   #11242
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

So easy to blame someone who's hardly in a position to defend themselves.

Quote:
The grinding conflict in Ukraine would not have happened had Angela Merkel not barred Kyiv from joining NATO in 2008, an expert believes. The former German Chancellor expressed her view during the Bucharest summit, and was supported in the decision by the then French President Nikolas Sarkozy. At the time, Ukraine and Georgia's aspiration to be part of the Western military alliance were welcomed, and it was agreed the nations would eventually become NATO members - but it was said the political conditions needed to join had not been met yet.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...6b5706ee&ei=10

Old 06-07-23, 11:42 AM   #11243
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Practically all media now have agreed to the narrative that external forces of nature and previosu damage sot the dam alone could not have led to the breaching, and that the destruction results from an explsion form inside the dam. Together this rates as practical evidence, AFAICS, that the dem was indeed blown up by Russia, sinc eonly Russian troops had access to the dam in the past months. The amphibous assault attempt south of Cherson and the overall offensive of the ukriane, a swell as the historic porecedences, the deliberate planning of the Siovjat Union ti use dams as trioggerable obstacles againmst enemy attacks, anbd the genweral disrespect of Russia for human life, that of civilians and that of even its own soldiers alike, provide a convincing the motive.

However, a surprise this action cannot have been to anyone. I already asked about the dam last late summer when the Ukrainians had their first offensive out of the starting block. The Ukrainian authorities in plac obviously alos were not surprised, but had plans prepared in the past months.

In a bitter way this even could work for Ukraine in a scenario where they lack the power to retake ground by force and must try to retake Crimea by besieging it. If they then also destroy the Kerch bridge completely, no more sweet water will go into Crimea. Russian autorities say the regional reservoirs currently are filled to 80%, which means, translated from the Russian into realistic language, that it probably is less. The bad side of it: not only Russian occupiers will be thirsty, but civilians as well (many of them being pro-Russian, Crimea was, before the war, the only oblast where a clearly identified majority of people of I think around 56% were pro-Russian: to what degree this has changed upwards or downwards I have no clue, in Odessa for example even a huge majority of former pro-Russians were turned by Russian actions into strong supporters of the Ukrainian cause, and turned against Russia). Also, like flooding and washout from it, dry erosion also destroys fertile agricultural farmland, that once destroyed takes generations and generations to be rebuild. This also could be an explanation why the Russians destroyed the dam: because they expect to be not able to keep Crimea, so they leave just scorched earth.
During the Battle of Kyiv, Ukrainian forces blew the Kazarovychi dam up to stop the advance of Russian forces towards Dymydiv and Dymer this dam is 50 meters long. They tried it twice, first time with 1000 kg of TNT + UR-77 it did nothing, just a crater. Second time, 800 kg of TNT has been placed in the crater made by the 1st explosion + UR-77 again. The second explosion managed to destroy the lock only, not the structure itself. The Kachovka dam was under total control of the Russians, could only be destroyed from the inside (with hell lot more of explosions than the Kazarovychi dam) this dam is build it could withhold a nuclear attack. How did Ukrainian forces destroy it with GMLR, artillery or whatever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is online  
Old 06-07-23, 12:51 PM   #11244
Dargo
Admiral

Switzerland Supports Allows Arms Re-Export to Ukraine

Switzerland's Council of States, the upper house of parliament, has approved an amendment that will allow arms re-export to Ukraine.

"Countries that purchase Swiss war material should be allowed, subject to conditions, to re-export it to countries involved in armed conflicts," the parliament press service stated.

The decision is taken by 22 in favor and 17 against votes, with four abstentions.

According to the amendment, purchaser countries of Swiss weapons will still have to sign a declaration prohibiting re-export, but its term may be limited to five years. Re-export will only be possible to destination countries that do not violate human rights and do not use weapons against civilian populations.

On June 1, the National Council, the lower house of the Swiss parliament, voted against an amendment that would allow the re-export of Swiss-made weaponry to third countries, such as Ukraine.

Since the Russian invasion of Ukraine, several countries have approached Switzerland requesting permission to re-export Swiss weapons from their arsenal to Kyiv.

For example, Germany wanted to provide ammunition for Gepard anti-aircraft systems and machine gun ammunition to Ukraine. Denmark approached Bern for permission to supply Piranha III armoured personnel carriers to Ukraine. However, Switzerland rejected both requests, which drew international criticism. https://www.eurointegration.com.ua/e.../06/7/7163221/

Quote:
Dargo is online  
Old 06-07-23, 01:12 PM   #11245
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-07-23, 02:06 PM   #11246
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
During the Battle of Kyiv, Ukrainian forces blew the Kazarovychi dam up to stop the advance of Russian forces towards Dymydiv and Dymer this dam is 50 meters long. They tried it twice, first time with 1000 kg of TNT + UR-77 it did nothing, just a crater. Second time, 800 kg of TNT has been placed in the crater made by the 1st explosion + UR-77 again. The second explosion managed to destroy the lock only, not the structure itself. The Kachovka dam was under total control of the Russians, could only be destroyed from the inside (with hell lot more of explosions than the Kazarovychi dam) this dam is build it could withhold a nuclear attack. How did Ukrainian forces destroy it with GMLR, artillery or whatever?
Eh - did I imply they did?

I was just describing that the burden of evidence is against the Russians now, that all seem to agree on this.
Initially there were suggestions that the damage to the dam, visible already several days before, may have caused the collapse. I stayed open to this possibility while the story unfold. But now no more. The evidence seems to be very clear.

I say "seems", intentionally, and often. This is war. Media get manipulated by both sides, intel services are involved from all sides. The news is a war zone. Its important to keep that on mind. See how the story on the Nord Stream 2 pipeline explosions has turned. The scenario that initially was thought to be the most unlikely - is now the main suspect.
Old 06-07-23, 02:56 PM   #11247
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Eh - did I imply they did?

I was just describing that the burden of evidence is against the Russians now, that all seem to agree on this.
Initially there were suggestions that the damage to the dam, visible already several days before, may have caused the collapse. I stayed open to this possibility while the story unfold. But now no more. The evidence seems to be very clear.

I say "seems", intentionally, and often. This is war. Media get manipulated by both sides, intel services are involved from all sides. The news is a war zone. Its important to keep that on mind. See how the story on the Nord Stream 2 pipeline explosions has turned. The scenario that initially was thought to be the most unlikely - is now the main suspect.
No, did not mean you implied it point is that this dam is under Russian control if it was the damage or an explosion the Russians are responsible for this disaster they had to take measures to repair this disaster is not only after the dam the whole south of Ukraine face now problems with water supply. I do not think the Russians thought of that or care. About the Nord Stream 2 pipeline explosions, it was the US that was against that from the beginning, so Ukraine main support will be happy if Ukraine pulled that of.

Quote:
Dargo is online  
Old 06-07-23, 03:22 PM   #11248
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Will we ever know who did it ?
Yes Russia has most to win on this.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 06-07-23, 03:27 PM   #11249
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Will we ever know who did it ?
Yes Russia has most to win on this.

Markus
I fear not

Quote:
Dargo is online  
Old 06-07-23, 04:09 PM   #11250
Skybird
Soaring

https://www.nzz.ch/international/nor...&_x_tr_sl=auto