SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-09-23, 04:35 PM   #166
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Tomorrow will be day 30 of my carnivore challenge. I did it, yeah! Well, it was not really a challenge, but pure joy. I stick with it, as I already said. I lost 5 kg in weight - FIVE in four weeks! I am below 80 now. I found out that I can easily skip coffee if I allow the very low carb intake from "Caro Kaffee" we call it over here, a surrogate coffee made of barley, rye and chicory, with cream. I am not fanatic about these things, but all in all I must hold the course on low carbs, and no veggies (easy for me, I am no friend of veggies anyway, never was), and no fruits, no cereal products, of course. Spieces and herbs I do accept. I also found a replacment for the high calory beers, Jever light, which has only 1.5 gr of carbs per 100 ml, I can live with the mild taste, actually its quite good, though very light in taste. These are small compromises I accept in order to keep motivation alive and compliance not fading.

But tomorrow I will celebrate, with a portion of Gulasch (self made and very good, two portions left in the fridge), with salted boilt potatoes (first exception in 30 days, so what), and a bottle of the good and fully Grevensteiner Landbier!
Oh, and to my surprise, I have left my sweet tooth. I have not tasted anything sweet since 30 days, nothing, zero, rien, nada. And now I do not even care for it anymore. Biggerthanbig super-good!

I do not count calories. I do not start eating before I feel hungry. I stop eating when that feeling is gone. Keep it simpel, natureboy - it IS that simple!

In general I feel lighter, not just when climbing the stairs, but also in my head, in my mind. I need less sleep, I wake earlier in the morning, and usually rise - that is a premier in all my life, I was always a Morning Grumpy. But I still stay up until 2, 3 a.m. Sometimes I sleep just 4-5 hours now, and feel fine with it. Incredible!

I need to change trousers, my current ones are too wide again. I just slipped into the green zone (24.9) on the BMI again. Not that I give too much for the BMI, belly and hip fat is more important.

I now always have meat worth over 200 coins stored in the fridge. I will stick with eating lots of meat t as long as the criminal scum in Berlin and Brussel stills allows it. In the end, that is clear, they want to force everbyody on a vegan diet, on that we cannot have illusions. Except if they get stopped by active resistence. But the campaigning against meat and dairy is intense, and especially here in Germany. I fear the worst. Dairy products, I eat cheese, butter and ghee, all from pastured milk. I get off yoghurt, though, even though it was organic and unsweetend. I realised that I do not need it to feel full, and that I only ate it as a replacement for snacks.

I maintain a 16-8 to 17-7 intermittend fasting scheme. Breakfast consisting of bacon, two eggs and cheese I sometimes have, sometimes not, depending on how I feel that late morning.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-09-23 at 07:02 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-23, 04:35 PM   #167
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

< Thank you for your in-deep answer.

Made me a little wiser.

I think I get enough salt on daily basis.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-23, 05:02 PM   #168
Skybird
Soaring

I just corrected the many typos.

Salt: just go by taste, not by artificial limitations. There is absolutely ZERO reason to reduce salt as long as you have not really according health issues. Most people are fine, by taste, with 5-6 grams per day, optimal would be 12-17.

I think the WHO sees it as its job to kill people to help bringing global population down,a dne leading the rest into a regime of control and dependency. I really started to think this way. Even more so since the Adventists and the Club of Rome members are heavily engaged in the WHO now. Every nation sane by mind should immediately cancel membership. 85% of the funding for the WHO comes from undeclared private sources.

Adding this to the topic on Dr. Berry:

Old 10-10-23, 01:06 PM   #169
Skybird
Soaring

SALT again

Practical advice in ten minutes.
Note that when he starts with the graph, he speak no longer of salt, but sodium. The factor is 2.54,, you gotta multiply. 1 gram of sodium means 2.54 grams of salt.

I measure every morning exactly 10 grams of salt. I take care to consume this up until I go to bed. It is a minimum, equaling 4 grams of sodium. Consuming more than that is always welcomed. I sometimes simply drink it, with sweet water afterwards.
Old 10-10-23, 01:19 PM   #170
Skybird
Soaring

One also learns from listening to the experience that others made with this and that. The comments are worth to read. There are so many former vegans in the carnivore community, they got ill and ended up with seeing the need of a change.

I had my 30 days jubilee of carnivore today, abd as I said yesterday, I celebrated it with what to 50% was a sin day. Gulasch with boilt potatoes, hm, yummy yummy! "Fat" landbeer. I am strict, but not fanatical.
Old 10-10-23, 01:33 PM   #171
Skybird
Soaring

People do not seem to like what the fascist WHO is trying to take away from them - choice - , people seem to not like being sold as lab arts to big pharma. Movements like this alliance for natural health that he mentions, maybe are the last chnace to still catch the runaway train, though I am a bit pessimistic. Consider to support them.

Old 10-10-23, 09:17 PM   #172
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Tomorrow will be day 30 of my carnivore challenge. I did it, yeah! Well, it was not really a challenge, but pure joy. I stick with it, as I already said. I lost 5 kg in weight - FIVE in four weeks! I am below 80 now. I found out that I can easily skip coffee if I allow the very low carb intake from "Caro Kaffee" we call it over here, a surrogate coffee made of barley, rye and chicory, with cream. I am not fanatic about these things, but all in all I must hold the course on low carbs, and no veggies (easy for me, I am no friend of veggies anyway, never was), and no fruits, no cereal products, of course. Spieces and herbs I do accept. I also found a replacment for the high calory beers, Jever light, which has only 1.5 gr of carbs per 100 ml, I can live with the mild taste, actually its quite good, though very light in taste. These are small compromises I accept in order to keep motivation alive and compliance not fading.

But tomorrow I will celebrate, with a portion of Gulasch (self made and very good, two portions left in the fridge), with salted boilt potatoes (first exception in 30 days, so what), and a bottle of the good and fully Grevensteiner Landbier!
Oh, and to my surprise, I have left my sweet tooth. I have not tasted anything sweet since 30 days, nothing, zero, rien, nada. And now I do not even care for it anymore. Biggerthanbig super-good!

I do not count calories. I do not start eating before I feel hungry. I stop eating when that feeling is gone. Keep it simpel, natureboy - it IS that simple!

In general I feel lighter, not just when climbing the stairs, but also in my head, in my mind. I need less sleep, I wake earlier in the morning, and usually rise - that is a premier in all my life, I was always a Morning Grumpy. But I still stay up until 2, 3 a.m. Sometimes I sleep just 4-5 hours now, and feel fine with it. Incredible!

I need to change trousers, my current ones are too wide again. I just slipped into the green zone (24.9) on the BMI again. Not that I give too much for the BMI, belly and hip fat is more important.

I now always have meat worth over 200 coins stored in the fridge. I will stick with eating lots of meat t as long as the criminal scum in Berlin and Brussel stills allows it. In the end, that is clear, they want to force everbyody on a vegan diet, on that we cannot have illusions. Except if they get stopped by active resistence. But the campaigning against meat and dairy is intense, and especially here in Germany. I fear the worst. Dairy products, I eat cheese, butter and ghee, all from pastured milk. I get off yoghurt, though, even though it was organic and unsweetend. I realised that I do not need it to feel full, and that I only ate it as a replacement for snacks.

I maintain a 16-8 to 17-7 intermittend fasting scheme. Breakfast consisting of bacon, two eggs and cheese I sometimes have, sometimes not, depending on how I feel that late morning.

Congratulations!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-23, 05:19 PM   #173
Skybird
Soaring

Does the American Diabetes Association hate diabetics?

Old 10-14-23, 05:27 PM   #174
Skybird
Soaring

"Keto beats the crap out of DASH"

A study's details.

Printable full study here: https://www.annfammed.org/content/21/3/256#sec-10

Old 10-20-23, 09:45 AM   #175
Skybird
Soaring

Its always worth to listen to Prof. Bikman.

Old 10-21-23, 10:06 AM   #176
Skybird
Soaring

The usual suspects again try to demnize red meat. This time the claim is not that it causes cancer (wrong), but that it causes diabetes. The bringer of the terrible news is, as so often, once again Harvard, a frontfighter in the battle for a mandatory global vegan diet. I realyl wonder what their backgorund financing looks like and who pays them most donations. I have a clear suspicion...

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/19/h...ess/index.html

Well (followed by a long, loiud sigh...). I wnated to stop reaidng already when they said Nurses Health Study, I know that study, and it has many, many methodiligcla issue, it gets quoted time and again because it boast with big numbers of particating people, but thats not all that makes a good study.

What they essentially do is reframing past data, and distorting it a little so that it matches contemporary agendas.

Oh, and if you have not alreasdy guessed it, a diet basing on plenty of red meat does for most of us (except maybe the I assume genetical exception that Prof. Bikman mentioned) does not push us into diabetes, but prevents diabetes or is a way out of diabetes.

The danger in these shady scientific pseudo works is that politicians pick them up, take them as serious science and enforce veganism on people on grounds of this propandistically mutilated sort of "science".

Science is dead, I more and more often think these days. And the WHO currently tries to formally bury science once and for all.

Old 10-22-23, 03:37 AM   #177
Skybird
Soaring

https://rumble.com/v3ouwry-who-threat.html
The WHO establishes a totalitarian, inhumane global dystopic regime, for the total power and total control of a few shady actors consisting of private foundations, industry lobbies, and in the end: the US government which has initiated this malicou initiative and btw end of the day has absolute influence on said (american) industrial lobbies and said (american) private foundation. With both in return forming and heavily influencing the US government.

Corporate interest merges with governing power. Thats fascism in its purest form.
https://rumble.com/v3ouwry-who-threat.html
Old 10-22-23, 05:52 AM   #178
Skybird
Soaring

Sweeteners again, two minutes.

Two, three years ago I did not know much about these and in my first post on them I messed around a bit, knowing that backwards from today on . I meanwhile had another post on them correcting it somewhat, but I want to point out a small section in the recent video I liked to, and here 00:41:30 on, where Prof. Bikman talks about sweeteners and their differing effects on insuline raise.
He lists Stevia (which I do not like at all, no matter the price and quality class - there are huge differences) and - Aspartam as two examples for sweeteners that are confirmed to not raise any insuline at all. That I like to hear, for the - now very - few times I do not want to pass on a mild sweetness, because Aspartam is of the same taste like sugar ( I know no other sweetner being that similiar to the taste of sugar) and can be dosed like sugar on a 1:1 basis, speaking of the volume of powder on your teaspoon: the same little heap of sugar and Aspartam will proivde almost exaclty the same amount of totla sweetness, you can thus does it by eye like normal sugar. Its my by far preferred choice, if needing to use sweetners. The old claim that Aspartamt causes cancer has been rejected and falsified so often now that even the official investigations into the matter has been stopped already many years ago, its simply a myth by ideolgical crusaders who today tryx to keep the myth alive because they think they must teach all humans to disapprove sweetness in general. And it certainly is no bad idea to get yourself "unused" to sweetness again, like I have done now since weeks, and I do not miss it, but this morning i had my first real coffee (no surrogate) with cream and a very mild dose of sweetness in it again, and man, did it taste delicous! As Prof. Bikman says, the point is to not get carried away and the sweetness in your mouth leading you - by behaviour - to follow-on consumption of this and that that without that sweetness your brain would not have gotten triggered to make you eat additonally to your normal eating habit without sweetness. Now this is the relevant thing here because many people demonising sweetners as well, like sugar, argue that they will make your fat as well (well, those who rais einsuline can potentially do that, but you cannot judge all sweeteners by the same standard), and leaving it to that statement it sounds as if there is a metabolic, biochemical link nevertheless between consuming a sweetner not raising insuline, and gaining weight. But in fact in case of sweetners not raising insuline - and only these! - that simply is not true, we are talking about behaviour control instead, or in other words: its a psychological thing we must be aware of.

Unfortunately, the past campaigns against Aspartam turned Germany into a tabula rasa regarding Aspartam (="Canderel"). In the past I had to order if from the UK, at leats now I can order it from German traders, in Germany - in local stores and supermarkets you will ask for it in vein, also in drugstores, which is ridiculous. It also is a bit more costly than the standard pill-formed sweeteners to be found, but then not as expensive as Stevia and some others.

Message here is: Aspartam is not as bad as most other sweetners, but a.) keep it on a short line, so that you b.) do not loose behavioral eating control as a consequence of the sweetness on your tongue, do not start to eat more than you would have without using a sweetner, and especially do not allow to get carried over to eating other, more sweet stuff, like frutis and candies. If you can maintain this selfcontrol, all is good and nothing speaks against occasionally using a bit of it.

Still, stay away from softdrinks even if they base on Aspartam, its too easy with these to loose said control, and you flush too much of everything bad into your stomach within just seconds - for that we have toilets, so spare your mouth and intestines. Softdrinks NEVER are a good idea, so are fruit juices (I would even include veggie smoothies and the likes). Also, softdrinks often include other bad things as well, not just sweetness, phosphoric acid in Coca Cola being the most famous one. Soft drinks simply NEVER are good.

00:41:30 - 00:43:40

Immediately after that 2 minutes section they talk about caffeine, if you are interested. In brief: if consumed in moderate amount: all clear, from a ketogenic standpont.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-28-23 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-25-23, 03:03 PM   #179
Skybird
Soaring

The vegan media crusade continues.

The ridicule he heaps on this study is well deserved.

This is a rolling crusade to ban the eating of meat and promote veganism. Sooner or later it will be turned into legislation, mandatory for everybody. The prices of meat will be pushed upwards so that it becomes unaffordable. The German Greens already say that this is what they want to do: making meat unaffordable.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-25-23 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-25-23, 06:49 PM   #180
Skybird
Soaring

After having gotten persecuted, mobbed and threatened for five years they haven't lost their sense of humour.