SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-19-12, 04:31 PM   #841
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

In the uplay launcher settings i have every box ticked except the top one .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 04:35 PM   #842
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

[QUOTE=von faust;1962678]I have the same problem
Whith "old" sober list all was ok, but now every 10-20 minutes CDT

I have:

1) Reinstalled SH5 and patch 1.2 (all save file deleded)
2) Dowloaded all mod list except "North atlantic.. and sober realistic underwater because I use external camera)
3) Modified TDW Option file
4) Modified Time compression in Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main
5) Modified NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation\data\Menu\menu.tx t
6) Launched the game and after introduction/animation exit
7) Modified \SH5\data\cfg\CareerHistory
Change
HasCompletedTutorial=false
to
HasCompletedTutorial=true

8) Skip tutorial and the rest of Sober istruction

Any idea ??

Try NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith and see how that goes .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 11-19-12 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-19-12, 07:55 PM   #843
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Anyone know wich "menu.txt" I set path to in optionviewer?
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 08:39 PM   #844
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husksubsky View Post
Anyone know wich "menu.txt" I set path to in optionviewer?
The one that comes with the NewUI.

Also, depends on whether you are using Real Nav or not. If yes - set it to Real Navigation's menu.txt. If not - NewUI's.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-12, 06:45 AM   #845
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

If you are using NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_ByTheDarkWraith and NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_Real_Navigation as well as TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_74_0 and have the patch enabled : Contact reports have random chance of calling in wolfpack . then use the menu provided here .
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22612...+New+Ui+7.2.7z
Old 11-20-12, 01:03 PM   #846
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
The one that comes with the NewUI.

Also, depends on whether you are using Real Nav or not. If yes - set it to Real Navigation's menu.txt. If not - NewUI's.
Thx m8 that was also my conclution and I have set the path to REALNAV MENU.TXT now.(actually I think the program did it auto after I activated mods). Hower I had the path to the main TDW UI MENU.TXT while patching and using optionwiever before activating mods. That because of this text below taken from post 1 here still comes as instruction.(I never understood why these steps are neccessary unless something useful happens to MAIN TDW UI MENU.TXT as it did in my case now.)

"
In order for real navigation to work correctly the menu.txt file will need to be copied and edited.
Step 1: disable the add-on mod NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation (if it was enabled)
Step 2: copy the menu.txt file from NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu and place in NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation\data\Menu
Step 3: open the NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation\data\Menu\menu.tx t file with Notepad
Step 4: comment out the following lines: 820, 821, 822, 823, 824, and 2273. By commenting out I mean place a leading ; at the beginning of the line. When done the numbers listed will look like this (english version):
;820=Unknown
;821=Warship
;822=Merchant
;823=Submarine
;824=Aircraft
;2273=Your submarine
This will prevent tooltips being displayed for the items and thus giving away your position and their position. This is real navigation now.

Step 5: save the NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation\data\Menu\menu.tx t file (File-->Save)
Step 6: re-enable NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation
Enjoy real navigation!"
Old 11-20-12, 01:26 PM   #847
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
If you are using NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_ByTheDarkWraith and NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_Real_Navigation as well as TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_74_0 and have the patch enabled : Contact reports have random chance of calling in wolfpack . then use the menu provided here .
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22612...+New+Ui+7.2.7z
Thx mate but just as with MADMAX subdiesel I get message "403 FORBIDDEN" from dl site.
However:yes Ihave all patches enabled xpt some render stuff and mapcolors.
I have not activated anything in via optionviewer xpt those you described (tc1, obelixmapthingy and snorkel. Oh yes I did change a value when to set tc1 if contact spotted from 8000m to 12000m . I get tc1 in game from 17000mto 18000 m when they spot something so I don t really get the point but it s at set 12 000 m now.)

I m curious about this menu.txt. do I need deactivate/unpatch or something like that before using it?(if I manage to get it)

A little sideissue: When running decks awash crew is present but can t spot. Next thing is that the hydrophone starts working althoug I can see it poke up above the surface.
I searched throug optionviewer to find adjustments but nothing that could fix this.

Is it woth bothering? Do the AI see less of you when running decks awash? or is it only a fancy option with no real effect.

This crew spotting is linked to possibillity to arm deckgun. All get greyed out periodicly in high seas even when surfaced I would like to have the option to spot even in high seas and the hydro not to work before deeper. I ll just be strict with myself and not use deckgun even though I can if I cant adjust one without the other. Any ideas where those numbers are?
Old 11-20-12, 04:23 PM   #848
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

The size of your profile above water affects detection of you . So does waves,fog,light,night,speed,etc

Read the bottom of this post .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...39&postcount=1
Required menu.txt entries for v1.0.74.0:

Edit this line in your menu.txt file:
MaxStrings=11100

Add these to the end of your menu.txt file:

; Independent engine controls patch
10025=Shafts
10026=Click to enable/disable speed commands for the port shaft
10027=Click to enable/disable speed commands for the starboard shaft
; Contact report wolfpack patch
11000=Dispatching available submarines to your patrol area|Remain undetected and in a favorable position|Send status reports| |Bdu
11001=All available submarines have been dispatched to your patrol area
11002=Submarines in your area have received instructions to join your attack|Stay in front of contact/convoy, remain undetected, and send regular status reports| | |B.d.u
11003=Remain undetected and continue following contact/convoy|Available submarines are heading to your patrol area
11004=Attain favorable position and shadow contact/convoy until reinforcements arrive
; possible messages from Bdu when can not dispatch subs
11010=No boats are within your patrol area|Act as lone boat| |Bdu
11011=No support within range|Be more aggressive| |Bdu
11012=Contact report received|Act on own data| |BdU
11013=Be more aggressive!| |Bdu
11014=Attack contact| |Bdu
; Reports from dispatched subs
11020=Contact keeper continue to send bearing signals|Group act on own data|Take every opportunity to attack
11021=Convoy in sight|Signal bearing sent|Moving to attack port side
11022=I believe to have made contact with the convoy|Sending bearing signals|Act according to own data|Attacking at full speed
11023=Requesting bearing signal from contact keeper
11024=Beacon signals lie in the line of approach according to dead reckoning.|Attacking far side of convoy
Old 11-20-12, 05:12 PM   #849
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
The size of your profile above water affects detection of you . So does waves,fog,light,night,speed,etc

Read the bottom of this post .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...39&postcount=1
Required menu.txt entries for v1.0.74.0:

Edit this line in your menu.txt file:
MaxStrings=11100

Add these to the end of your menu.txt file:

10025=Shafts
; Contact report wolfpack patch
11000=Dispatching available submarines to your patrol area|Remain undetected and in a favorable position|Send status reports| |Bdu
11001=All available submarines have been dispatched to your patrol area
11002=Submarines in your area have received instructions to join your attack|Stay in front of contact/convoy, remain undetected, and send regular status reports| | |B.d.u
11003=Remain undetected and continue following contact/convoy|Available submarines are heading to your patrol area
11004=Attain favorable position and shadow contact/convoy until reinforcements arrive
; possible messages from Bdu when can not dispatch subs
11010=No boats are within your patrol area|Act as lone boat| |Bdu
11011=No support within range|Be more aggressive| |Bdu
11012=Contact report received|Act on own data| |BdU
11013=Be more aggressive!| |Bdu
11014=Attack contact| |Bdu
; Reports from dispatched subs
11020=Contact keeper continue to send bearing signals|Group act on own data|Take every opportunity to attack
11021=Convoy in sight|Signal bearing sent|Moving to attack port side
11022=I believe to have made contact with the convoy|Sending bearing signals|Act according to own data|Attacking at full speed
11023=Requesting bearing signal from contact keeper
11024=Beacon signals lie in the line of approach according to dead reckoning.|Attacking far side of convoy
Lols mate I had this before I installed latest UI . I thought I read it in this thread and that it was old news
can I just add it to my realnav menu.txt? or should I disable/enable mods/ patch first?
And big thanks for the info
Old 11-20-12, 05:30 PM   #850
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Disable the real navigation mod and then modify the menu text . Re enable the mod . Dont forget to change the max lines to 11100 .
Old 11-20-12, 05:34 PM   #851
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husksubsky View Post
Thx mate but just as with MADMAX subdiesel I get message "403 FORBIDDEN" from dl site.
However:yes Ihave all patches enabled xpt some render stuff and mapcolors.
I have not activated anything in via optionviewer xpt those you described (tc1, obelixmapthingy and snorkel. Oh yes I did change a value when to set tc1 if contact spotted from 8000m to 12000m . I get tc1 in game from 17000mto 18000 m when they spot something so I don t really get the point but it s at set 12 000 m now.)

I m curious about this menu.txt. do I need deactivate/unpatch or something like that before using it?(if I manage to get it)

A little sideissue: When running decks awash crew is present but can t spot. Next thing is that the hydrophone starts working althoug I can see it poke up above the surface.
I searched throug optionviewer to find adjustments but nothing that could fix this.

Is it woth bothering? Do the AI see less of you when running decks awash? or is it only a fancy option with no real effect.

This crew spotting is linked to possibillity to arm deckgun. All get greyed out periodicly in high seas even when surfaced I would like to have the option to spot even in high seas and the hydro not to work before deeper. I ll just be strict with myself and not use deckgun even though I can if I cant adjust one without the other. Any ideas where those numbers are?
Use the MEP file to load my mods in exact order , play on 100% realism with real navigation . Play using my TC at max 256 . Edit the options file to drop to 1TC on every message box messages . have a good time . No ctds in a long time for me .
Old 11-20-12, 09:05 PM   #852
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Disable the real navigation mod and then modify the menu text . Re enable the mod . Dont forget to change the max lines to 11100 .
Thx Sober. I allready have

10025=Shafts

installed .probably from patching. I m very aware of the maxstring
Old 11-20-12, 09:21 PM   #853
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Use the MEP file to load my mods in exact order , play on 100% realism with real navigation . Play using my TC at max 256 . Edit the options file to drop to 1TC on every message box messages . have a good time . No ctds in a long time for me .
I ve always done it manually one by one, doublechecking that the Mods I move to game not is a folder inside a folder. I skipped the north atlantic green (it became very green here)and small trees (Im used to big trees haha). Don t think that hurts.
MCCD 1.04 gave me ctd though. took a while to pinpoint it. started to give me trouble after I put newest UI. Not that I think UI caused it.
I set the timecompress like you have it too like you described to do it here and there . I usually max at 64 when patrolling and 128 when travelling far sometimes if I m tired. I like the feeling of time passing when travelling far hehe

Just sank a Polish Hog Island . And ofc I play 100 percent realism..No wait for once I enabled external cam..but not to cheat with it.
It seem rocksolid now.
Thx for help
Old 11-20-12, 09:43 PM   #854
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

You dont use the external cam for cheatin
Old 11-21-12, 12:26 PM   #855
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Argh... Im looking at these mega-mods and all of them have a huge install checklist.

Starting up a 747 is easier.

I miss the GWX installer, one click and it's all done for you.

I want to go back to SH5, but... argh... not sure if I have the patience...