SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-02-21, 07:38 PM   #1
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1105
Uploads: 10

Default Nihon Kaigun v1.3a_FotRSU

Nihon Kaigun adds more IJN warships to FotRSU, however these models are NOT new, they are only clones of their namesakes already in the mod. The Warships included were active at the attack of Pearl harbor, either directly or covering other campaigns.

Normal disclaimers apply, these units may only have a passing resemblance to the ship it’s named after, it may also have a rivet missing or mast in the wrong place.

I hope you enjoy the new targets, these include units like BB, CA, CL, NVC, NCVE and more.

Installation instructions can be found in the following folder
- Documentation >
Nihon Kaigun > Install Guide

Readme file can be found in the following folder
- Documentation >
Nihon Kaigun > Readme

Please report any issues...

================================

This is an official add-on for 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate v1.8
And is fully compatible with
Nippon Maru v1.9b

Download Link - Nihon Kaigun v1.3a_FotRSU

Latest Updates includes:
FotRSU\data\Sea\NBB_Musashi\NBB_Musashi.eqp = Date errors fixed
FotRSU\data\Sea\NBB_Yamato\NBB_Yamato.eqp = Date errors fixed
FotRSU\data\Sea\NCA_Chikuma\NCA_Chikuma.eqp = Date errors fixed
FotRSU\data\Sea\NCA_Kumano\NCA_Kumano.eqp = Date errors fixed
FotRSU\data\Sea\NCA_Suzuya\NCA_Suzuya.eqp = Date errors fixed
FotRSU\data\Sea\NCA_Tone\NCA_Tone.eqp = Date errors fixed

This version also includes the following mods:
- MODS > Combined Roster - Enables Nihon Kaigun + Nippon Maru to be installed together with shared rosters.
- MODS > 451a_TMOstyle_NavMapDots for Nihon Kaigun = adds TMO styled NavMapDots for shipping.

Last edited by s7rikeback; 02-10-23 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Update
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 07:39 PM   #2
s7rikeback
I break things

Default Mod Background

on 26 November, 1941, the Combined Fleet and its Kidō Butai (also known as the Carrier Striking Task Force) set sail from Hittokapu Bay in Japan’s Kurile Islands under the overall command of Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto. He had personally selected the battleship Nagato as his flagship, the proud ship to lead the mightiest naval force ever to steam the Pacific Ocean.

Nagato had a bold look that Yamamoto appreciated, and she rode well as she sliced the waves at her best speed of twenty-six knots. She and her sister ship Mutsu had been built as Dreadnaught-class warships of 38,000 tons burden, 708 feet in length and nearly a hundred on the beam. Both had been extensively refitted with a unique seven-legged mast designed to maximize rigidity for range-finding purposes and suitability under shellfire.

The unique superstructure recalled the design of a pagoda, and consisted of a thick vertical leg in the center surrounded by six outer legs. The central leg was large enough to accommodate an electric elevator running between the fore-top and main deck that carried the Admiral to his post on the flag bridge.

As peace talks continued in Washington, the ships made an undetected transit of the North Pacific to be in position for the contingency of war.

Peace was still a possibility. Yamamoto, a graduate of the US Naval War College and Harvard University, was confident that his bold plan to conduct a devastating surprise attack could secure an early advantage in a conflict against the United States. He was a realist, though, and knew that such advantage could not be guaranteed beyond the first year of war. He hoped for peace.

It did not come. Talks in Washington broke down. Admiral Yamamoto was directed to carry out his plan. On 2 December, the radio room in Nagato transmitted a message to the commander of the Kido Butai, Vice Admiral Chuichi Nagumo. The final decision had been made in Tokyo. It was to be war.

Yamamoto directed Nagato’s radio room to send a message to the carrier striking force. The large vacuum tubes glowed orange with the power of the transmitter:
“NIITAKA-YAMA NOBORE 12 08" "Climb Mount Niitaka, 1208"

Admiral looked at the message from Yamamoto and looked at his chief of staff: “Hostilities will begin on December 7th, exactly as scheduled.”

By the morning of December 7, from a position some 200 miles north of Oahu, six Japanese carriers began to launch the first attack wave. At 0753hrs, strike leader Commander Mitsuo Fuchida sent the signal “Tora! Tora! Tora!” indicating that the “lightning strike” on Pearl Harbor had achieved the element of surprise.

A staff officer raced the message from the Nagato’s radio room to the Flag Bridge and handed the message to Admiral Yamamoto. The admiral nodded gravely. Now it has begun. It would be anyone’s guess where and how it might end...

Source - http://www.vicsocotra.com/wordpress/2015/12/climb-mount-niitaka

Last edited by s7rikeback; 07-18-22 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-21-21, 06:03 PM   #3
s7rikeback
I break things

Reserved...

Last edited by s7rikeback; 07-18-22 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-22-21, 12:22 AM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: D/L'ed.. will test it...

Ahoy, s7rikeback...

Just d/l'ed it. Will test it out with My copies of FotRS that I have... both v1.46 & the v1.6x preview I have set up.

Will report back on any issues I may come across, if I find any...

As always, thanks for your hard work s7ikeback.

M. M.

Old 08-01-21, 07:09 PM   #5
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Hi:

I would to know if Nihon Kaigun is compatible with Nippon Maru 1.3 or it is was designed for Nippon Maru 1.2.1.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 07:33 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Two separate entities, compatible with each other, neither overwriting any of the other. Good stuff! - and cool pix!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 08:57 PM   #7
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Two separate entities, compatible with each other, neither overwriting any of the other. Good stuff! - and cool pix!
Many thanks and best regards!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 08-01-21, 08:57 PM   #8
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar Re: Question...

Ahoy, s7rikeback... or propbeanie...

I noted in the folder, (after unzipping the zip file) a folder marked 'MODS'...

In that folder, is 2 folders.. 1 tagged "Roster FotRS" & the other "Roster Nippon Maru".

My query is this... with those folders, do they also get activated, either 1, both.. or not.?

All the read me states is using jsgme, activate FotRS-U preview, then Nihon Kaigun (with notation near the top of the page, of compatibility with Nippon Maru... which like fitzcarralo, would like further clarification... is that compatibility for Nippon v1.2.1 or Nippon v1.3., or... either of them.? inquiring minds wanna know... ne'er mind... curse My old, dusty, rusty, beat up HD, called a brain... )

BUT... nothing is mentioned about those 2 folders, at all... that I could see of, unless I flat out missed it when My eyes glazed over from reading all the ship info after the install section...

Any rate, any info on that... thanks.

M. M.

post edit:

Additional query...

Know that FotRS-U would be activated 1st...

after that, would it follow that Nippon Maru, then Nihon Kaigun... would that be correct activate order.. just to be sure...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 08-01-21 at 09:08 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 09:06 PM   #9
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, s7rikeback... or propbeanie...

I noted in the folder, (after unzipping the zip file) a folder marked 'MODS'...

In that folder, is 2 folders.. 1 tagged "Roster FotRS" & the other "Roster Nippon Maru".

My query is this... with those folders, do they also get activated, either 1, both.. or not.?

All the read me states is using jsgme, activate FotRS-U preview, then Nihon Kaigun (with notation near the top of the page, of compatibility with Nippon Maru... which like fitzcarralo, would like further clarification... is that compatibility for Nippon v1.2.1 or Nippon v1.3., or... either of them.? inquiring minds wanna know... )

BUT... nothing is mentioned about those 2 folders, at all... that I could see of, unless I flat out missed it when My eyes glazed over from reading all the ship info after the install section...

Any rate, any info on that... thanks.

M. M.

Sure. The Nippon Maru 1.3 could have a different roster. I understand one (Nippon Maru) is for merchants and Nihon Kaigun is for warships, so no overwriting of ships...but is the roster configuration of NM 1.2.1 the same for NM 1.3? I'll the check files with WinMerge.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 08-01-21, 10:39 PM   #10
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Whoops! s7rikeback will most likely be horrified that his "Support" folder with Nihon Kaigun is empty... So the order of assembly is
1. FotRSU
2. Nippon Maru
3. Nihon Kaigun
4. Roster for Nippon_Maru
#4 is in the MODS folder inside of the Nihon Kaigun mod folders. The idea being that if you are not using Nippon Maru, and only Nihon Kaigun on top of FotRSU, you would then activate the "Roster for FotRSU" after Nihon Kaigun. In other words, the Names.cfg file is NOT installed with the activation of Nihon Kaigun, and the player does have to activate #4 above, in order to have the extra ships identified in the game. Nippon Maru does add a Names.cfg for its set of ships. The one in the "Roster for Nippon_Maru" modlet is for FotRSU, Nippon Maru and Nihon Kaigun combined. We're glad you guys questioned this!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 01:17 AM   #11
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
Whoops! s7rikeback will most likely be horrified that his "Support" folder with Nihon Kaigun is empty... So the order of assembly is
1. FotRSU
2. Nippon Maru
3. Nihon Kaigun
#4 is in the MODS folder inside of the Nihon Kaigun mod folders. The idea being that if you are not using Nippon Maru, and only Nihon Kaigun on top of FotRSU, you would then activate the "Roster for FotRSU" after Nihon Kaigun. In other words, the Names.cfg file is NOT installed with the activation of Nihon Kaigun, and the player does have to activate #4 above, in order to have the extra ships identified in the game. Nippon Maru does add a Names.cfg for its set of ships. The one in the "Roster for Nippon_Maru" modlet is for FotRSU, Nippon Maru and Nihon Kaigun combined. We're glad you guys questioned this!
No sweat... I figured it was likely either a slight oversight, to include that info about the 'Roster' folders... or that they got accidently got left with the rest of the files/folders... as My gran dad would say... never hurts to ask... as the only wrong question is the 1 never asked. How else you gonna learn anything.. as life is a continuous learning experience & the only time you stop learning is when they deep six you and maybe not even then.

Wise ol' bird he was... is times I find Myself missing Him...

Any way... thanks for the fast reply back.

Made note of that & will work on that later on after I grab some rack time.

M. M.

Old 08-02-21, 09:04 PM   #12
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
1. FotRSU
2. Nippon Maru
3. Nihon Kaigun
Just realized this... after I saw your reply post... & re reading it again, today...

Whoops! s7rikeback will most likely be horrified that his "Support" folder with Nihon Kaigun is empty...

There is the read me... BUT... The reference to Nippon Maru is a bit vague on details in not mentioning what version of Nippon Maru... It does list FotRS-U preview, being activated 1st... then followed by Nihon Kaigun, using jsgme... but, what it does NOT mention of.. was with using Nippon Maru, a suggested activation order... nor, any mention of either of the 2 'Roster' folders inside the 'MODS' folder... nada...

so on that, it left a bit of head scratching confusion there.. hence My initial.. inquiry, into the subject.

I did miss when I posted that query, of your commenting that either version of Nippon Maru, would be acceptable.. hence why I put the line scratch through that portion... oddly enough, while Fitz, posted His reply while I was doing so... all this time jumping.. is making My brain hurt...

Any way... thanks for the clarification with the order to activate all of that, propbeanie...

And... sorry for My goof on not making all that clearer when I originally posted My query... I kinda rushed it as I was fixing to hit the rack... & rushed posting it... which, normally.. I try to avoid.

A 1k apologizes...

M. M.

Old 08-03-21, 08:22 AM   #13
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
1. FotRSU
2. Nippon Maru
3. Nihon Kaigun
Many thanks! I will try it.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 08-03-21, 08:39 AM   #14
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Great job, highlighted on Subsim main page
Old 08-03-21, 05:15 PM   #15
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Default Nihon Kaigun

thank you for your work here

some screens of the subs because I really like them ...

thank you to the whole team that makes this possible..especially to s7rikeback
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote