SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-15, 07:37 PM   #1
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298
Uploads: 0

Default The Noob Modders Task Force.

This thread is to announce the creation of a new modding group for Silent Hunter 4 known as the Noob Modders Task Force or NMTF for short. The goal of the group is for those with limited to no modding experience to share our experiences of learning how to mod modding, help each other out when we get stuck, help future modders out by creating a guide for the stuff we learn(something sorely needed) and creating mods together with the ultimate goal being the creation of our own super-mod(but that'd be a bit down the line) and having fun. If you're interested in joining please state so below.

Last edited by Admiral Halsey; 02-16-15 at 07:59 PM.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-15, 07:47 PM   #2
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586

I think the first post looks great.
avers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-15, 07:49 PM   #3
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Quote:
Originally Posted by avers View Post
I think the first post looks great.
Thanks as I was worried about it. What do you think of the name for the group? Keep it or change it?
Old 02-16-15, 07:58 PM   #4
avers
Seasoned Skipper

I love the name great thinking Bull.
Old 02-16-15, 08:02 PM   #5
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I thought I'd give this a little boost. We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-16-15, 08:06 PM   #6
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Quote:
I love the name great thinking Bull.
Thanks as again I was worried about that name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I thought I'd give this a little boost. We'll see how it goes.
Thanks for the sticky Sailor Steve!
Old 06-05-15, 04:19 PM   #7
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Hey guys, does anyone here know how to model in wings 3d? I want to learn how to model in wings 3d so I can help out people trying to make mega mods. I know there are tutorials online, but I would also appreciate the help of people here who know how to use wings 3d.
Old 06-11-15, 02:10 AM   #8
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Could anyone possibly advice me how I can convert an Axis career playable surface ship to an US career playable?

That would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 03:30 PM   #9
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Well Bill, it's been almost a month and still no response from steibler, I may have been wrong when I thought he was around. We may have try to crack the code ourselves.
Old 09-06-15, 03:57 PM   #10
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Quote:
Well Bill, it's been almost a month and still no response from steibler, I may have been wrong when I thought he was around. We may have try to crack the code ourselves.
I could've sworn he was still on as well. Yeah looks like we're going to have to mess with it ourselves as well. Now to figure out what the 'ell we'll need to actually try and crack the code.
Old 05-31-22, 06:00 PM   #11
Xerxes
Bosun

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 10
Default Reviving the Noob Modders Task Force

I say we ought to revive the NMTF, so i'll repost Halsey's original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey View Post
This thread is to announce the creation of a new modding group for Silent Hunter 4 known as the Noob Modders Task Force or NMTF for short. The goal of the group is for those with limited to no modding experience to share our experiences of learning how to mod modding, help each other out when we get stuck, help future modders out by creating a guide for the stuff we learn(something sorely needed) and creating mods together with the ultimate goal being the creation of our own super-mod(but that'd be a bit down the line) and having fun. If you're interested in joining please state so below.

The aim is the same, any modder, new or experienced is invited, we really do need unified guides for S3D, and other modding areas.

I'm not the most experienced, and will be happy to turn over operations to the experienced folks.

Group link: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/group.php?groupid=149
Old 06-14-22, 08:55 AM   #12
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

I did some changes to the submarine.sim file. Mainly the mass, Gravity center height in order for the uboat to jump and swing more in the rough seas. But now the diving times are slightly too long. What are the best ways to reduce them.? I have taken a look into Ballast settings. What are the differences between Max main ballast tanks flood speed and Max dive ballast tanks flood speed [l/s]. I have heard that you can give some sort of special abilities for the crews to also decrease the timing times.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-22, 11:13 AM   #13
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
I did some changes to the submarine.sim file. Mainly the mass, Gravity center height in order for the uboat to jump and swing more in the rough seas. But now the diving times are slightly too long. What are the best ways to reduce them.? I have taken a look into Ballast settings. What are the differences between Max main ballast tanks flood speed and Max dive ballast tanks flood speed [l/s]. I have heard that you can give some sort of special abilities for the crews to also decrease the timing times.
Talked with John Pancoast about that... with regards to SH3 Niume... & they asked Me to send them each & every .sim file I believe it was, for the uboats.

John after looking through those.. sent back some edited ones to Me to test out &... have to say the results were more (at least to these old eyes at any rate) more realistic to surface to submerge time/s.

I can zip them up & if you know how to poke about in .sim files... well, maybe see what John did to do that.

M. M.
Old 06-14-22, 02:15 PM   #14
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
I say we ought to revive the NMTF, so i repost(ed) Halsey's original post:

The aim is the same, any modder, new or experienced is invited, we really do need unified guides for S3D, and other modding areas.

I'm not the most experienced, and will be happy to turn over operations to the experienced folks.

Group link: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/group.php?groupid=149
Not to sound mean about anything, nor to discourage any modding, but referring to your link above and goldmastersims proposition therein, let it be known now that you may not call anything that you do "FotRSU". FotRSU is an active mod, with an active team, and the mod is still in active development. You may mod all you want to on the FotRSU mod for your own enjoyment and use, and so long as any "distribution" is done via PM, that is fine. That is your private business. Either do that, or submit any mods you build / combine to the FotRSU team for consideration as "official" add-in mods. Note also that several of the mods that are mentioned as potential parts for the endeavor are already in the AddInModzPak, which is an officially sanctioned package. Proper permissions for the several parts mentioned would be required of those mods' authors. Also, generally speaking, it is rather rude to say that any mod has "shortcomings", whether it'd be "FotRSU" or "Bob's Your Uncle". You insinuate incompetence on the part of the mod team. Whether you change devices or settings or whatever, that is a "perspective" - what you like versus what someone else likes. Again though, like I said, not to sound mean, but it is what it is.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-14-22 at 02:31 PM. Reason: The usual typos... sigh
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-22, 02:22 PM   #15
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

^What he said.

Not that has ever Stopped others from doing as they Wish and Releasing stuff under dubious names and claims.