SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-09-20, 01:54 PM   #1261
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I don't know where you've got those two files from Mr beanie as they're not in my sea folder.
I've unzipped the 100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.1_EN zip file again on another hard drive and the .CFG files of those two ships are NOT in the sea folder.
So Mr beanie, you've got them but I haven't, a roll call of whose got them and who hasn't is needed me thinks.

IF THE SKIPPERS WOULD TAKE A MINUTE OR TWO OF THEIR TIME TO LOOK FOR THEM WE'LL FIND OUT ONE WAY OR AN OTHER, ooooohhhhh, wasn't that a song by Blondie.
FotRSU is a mod, and as such does not include files it does not need to. Look in the game folder when doing stuff like that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 02:06 PM   #1262
DanielCoffey
Planesman

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

A quick draining of the bilges confirms that those two CFG files are not present in a standard issue sub.

(Not present in the version of FotRSU that is current).
Old 06-09-20, 02:17 PM   #1263
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Missing .cfg files...

Quote:
I don't know where you've got those two files from Mr beanie as they're not in my sea folder.
I've unzipped the 100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.1_EN zip file again on another hard drive and the .CFG files of those two ships are NOT in the sea folder.
So Mr beanie, you've got them but I haven't, a roll call of whose got them and who hasn't is needed me thinks.

IF THE SKIPPERS WOULD TAKE A MINUTE OR TWO OF THEIR TIME TO LOOK FOR THEM WE'LL FIND OUT ONE WAY OR AN OTHER, ooooohhhhh, wasn't that a song by Blondie.
Took a moment & went through:

C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\FotRS\Data\Sea

from there went into the folder for each ship type you made mention of Moonlight...

& CAN confirm the .cfg's for each of them, are indeed in My copy of FotRSU-EN v1.1

No idea what went wrong for you, but... they are indeed there for Me.

Only thing I can suggest doing would be to see of re-downloading the mega mod & if you haven't done so already by now.. see of snatching a hold of the beta patch that propbeanie set up to download, as well.

Edit:

Doing a search through:

C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\FotRS\MODS\FotRS-U-ENv1.1-SH4v1.5\Data\Sea\

then going through the same ship roster in the sea folder for each 1 you mentioned... yeilds no .cfg for them... as such, suspect it is because they are IN the stock SH4 folders for ships in the sea folder of it.

Long & short of it, disregard My suggestion of re-downloading the mega mod.. but.. I still stand by the suggestion, if you haven't done so already.. snatch a hold of the beta patch by propbeanie.. and ensure activating it right after the mega mod.

Mad Mardigan

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 06-09-20 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Re: updating My original post, due to error... got ahead of Myself, being in a hurry to answer... ''D'Oh''.!
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 02:27 PM   #1264
propbeanie

Look at the dates on the files. They are Stock, and as such, are not changed by FotRSU, hence they are NOT in the folder structure of the mod... You might also notice other files in those folders that remain untouched.

Old 06-09-20, 04:37 PM   #1265
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Yep, I found them in the stock game files, I've been playing this mod too long Mr beanie, I'm beginning to think that this mod is the actual game, then again, could I have the first symptoms of Lockdown fever.

If you hear of a weird Englishman on the news its probably just me starting to crack up.
Old 06-09-20, 04:56 PM   #1266
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: Orders reversed in text box...

In the text box that shows when something is spotted, or in this case.. I give the order to go to 'Ahead 1/3', the audio confirm from the crewman responsible repeats that order... yet in the text box, the order reads as 'Ahead 2/3' instead... how the heck do I correct that so that when I tell them to go to 1/3, the text in the text box, will reflect 'Ahead 1/3'.. & match up with the audio files??? What needs being edited to correct that...

p.s.

This same issue is also with 2/3, as well.. I give order for 'Ahead 2/3, audio matches that, yet... YET.. the text confirm for it is butt backwards & reads as 'Ahead 1/3'....
Old 06-09-20, 08:26 PM   #1267
propbeanie

Quote:
Yep, I found them in the stock game files, I've been playing this mod too long Mr beanie, I'm beginning to think that this mod is the actual game, then again, could I have the first symptoms of Lockdown fever.

If you hear of a weird Englishman on the news its probably just me starting to crack up.
So long as it's not s7rikeback we see on the news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
In the text box that shows when something is spotted, or in this case.. I give the order to go to 'Ahead 1/3', the audio confirm from the crewman responsible repeats that order... yet in the text box, the order reads as 'Ahead 2/3' instead... how the heck do I correct that so that when I tell them to go to 1/3, the text in the text box, will reflect 'Ahead 1/3'.. & match up with the audio files??? What needs being edited to correct that...

p.s.

This same issue is also with 2/3, as well.. I give order for 'Ahead 2/3, audio matches that, yet... YET.. the text confirm for it is butt backwards & reads as 'Ahead 1/3'....
OK, we had that fixed on all accounts before... I'll look into it. That is in the menu.txt file, and is pointed to with a number... looks like phrases 1011 and 1012... which look to be switched, but let me check the calling location... I thought it had been switched at the source so that both the audio and text would then be correct, with the correct speed setting - which when you ask for Ahead one third, you do get one third, correct, and the boat speeds up to Ahead two thirds when you ask for it on the telegraph or keyboard? Thanks.

Edit: OK, it all looks good here, I'll try the game in a bit, but had you noodled with, or replaced the Commands.cfg file, or the menu.txt file? OK, in-game "testing" reveals that a <1> key press gets me "Ahead one third" in the text and in the voice. a <2> key press gets me "Ahead slow" in the voice, and "Ahead two thirds" in the text. The same with the telegraph settings, and that is with an S-18 and a Sargo boat... Thanks.

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-09-20 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 06-09-20, 08:44 PM   #1268
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
So long as it's not s7rikeback we see on the news...

OK, we had that fixed on all accounts before... I'll look into it. That is in the menu.txt file, and is pointed to with a number... looks like phrases 1011 and 1012... which look to be switched, but let me check the calling location... I thought it had been switched at the source so that both the audio and text would then be correct, with the correct speed setting - which when you ask for Ahead one third, you do get one third, correct, and the boat speeds up to Ahead two thirds when you ask for it on the telegraph or keyboard? Thanks.

Edit: OK, it all looks good here, I'll try the game in a bit, but had you noodled with, or replaced the Commans.cfg file, or the menu.txt file? Thanks
Commands.cfg, not that I recall of.. I did recall looking at the menu.txt file & swapped around 1011 & 1012 so that it was in the order:

1011=Ahead 1/3 (one third)
1012=Ahead 2/3 (two third/s)

BUT.. I did that a bit back... and no idea when this started occurring what with the reversal of the text confirms for speed commands vs the audio one's, I do have that patch you set up for d/l recently.. Dunno if that (possibly?) could have implications of it occurring... Not saying it is the direct cause, just saying it wouldn't hurt to check to ensure it isn't a possible one.

Not at the computer atm... Will recheck that directly & post My findings...

p.s.

Boat I'm in, is a Sargo based out of Manilla, an not sure of the date, but it's early on in the earliest career start off. Only 2-3 days out of port. Orders to patrol Luzon Straights for 10 days, iirc...
Old 06-10-20, 08:19 AM   #1269
propbeanie

There is nothing in the 101_prBetaPatch_v1.1 that would interfere with that. Changing the order of whole line of text in the menu.txt file wouldn't matter, since the game finds it by the number, but if you changed the relationship "1011=Ahead two thirds" and "1012=Ahead one third", to
1011=Ahead one third
1012=Ahead two thirds
that would matter, and would make the difference. There is a menu.txt in the mod though, so when you changed versions and deleted the Save folder, it should have put it back the way it needs to...

Old 06-10-20, 08:22 AM   #1270
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
My v1.1 does NOT have .cfg files for the Clemson or either Lifeboat (there are 2).

However, all 3 have .cfg files in the base game Sea folder. Hope this helps.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 10:57 AM   #1271
dbcrutch12
Swabbie

Downloads: 23

So I haven't played SH4 in years but got the hankering a few days ago. I downloaded and installed the game plus the FORTSU mod. Played a few days and everything was great. Starting my 3rd patrol, 65k or so total tonnage over the first 2, not staggering but I'm old and out of practice. Anyway, today, my save games refuse to load. The bar fills up, it looks like it's going to, and then it just sits. I hate to lose my save game but whatever, my bigger concern is getting invested in another start and then this happening again. If anyone can help that'd be awesome as I've been having a blast the last couple of days. Thanks a lot!!
dbcrutch12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 10:59 AM   #1272
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

2 questions about FOTRSU 1.1:

a)
Is it possible to change the map on the command room's table in the Gato sub to be the normal map, not the attack map?

b)
Is there any optional mod compatible with this main mod to mount deck guns on the back part of the sub (like an optional mod in TMO)? I know I would have to chose this before starting a career because the stock SH4 game doesn't allow deck gun changes without making the crew roster disappear.

Thanks,
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 11:21 AM   #1273
mikesn9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 68
Default New zones ordered before completing one.

Running FOTRSU 1.1 patrol 1 out of Midway.
Had a 10 day patrol area, stayed in area, sank a few ships here & there.
At the end of 10 days,I received a radio message: patrol anywhere, or go to port.
Moved south, found a target, sank it. then I radioed in, Immediately got a message for a zone to patrol (Abridge, I believe).
Headed that way, took out another few ships on the way, no where near zone yet, radioed in, got a new zone (11, I think, I've slept and drank since)

Is this normal: get a new zone every time I radio in?

I spent the cold war under water.
mikesn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 11:29 AM   #1274
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Don't phone home, you can do what the hell you want after you've completed your main patrol objective.
Old 06-10-20, 12:41 PM   #1275
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcrutch12 View Post
So I haven't played SH4 in years but got the hankering a few days ago. I downloaded and installed the game plus the FORTSU mod. Played a few days and everything was great. Starting my 3rd patrol, 65k or so total tonnage over the first 2, not staggering but I'm old and out of practice. Anyway, today, my save games refuse to load. The bar fills up, it looks like it's going to, and then it just sits. I hate to lose my save game but whatever, my bigger concern is getting invested in another start and then this happening again. If anyone can help that'd be awesome as I've been having a blast the last couple of days. Thanks a lot!!
Do you have LAA properly activated on the SH4.exe file? Do you have the patch applied on top of FotRSU? Do you happen to remember your orders for your 3rd patrol? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
2 questions about FOTRSU 1.1:

a)
Is it possible to change the map on the command room's table in the Gato sub to be the normal map, not the attack map?

b)
Is there any optional mod compatible with this main mod to mount deck guns on the back part of the sub (like an optional mod in TMO)? I know I would have to chose this before starting a career because the stock SH4 game doesn't allow deck gun changes without making the crew roster disappear.

Thanks,
XS
a) Yes, that is possible to do... I checked several subs, and most go to the Attack map with that, but looking at a Sargo boat, there are a few things "extra" on the table, and we might include a couple of those in the other boats, and have more clickable links, so that there can be an Attack Map and a Navigation Map link. Since the map on the table appears to be a Navigation Map, we'll do that change, and make a clipboard (if I can cut it out of the Sargo) as the Attack Map link, and add a 2nd coffee cup for Crew Management... Sound good?

b) There is NOT a compatible mod for that, though there is a plan for that, but it is further off in the future than it was even yesterday. We want to attempt to get the guns behavior back to Stock when it comes time for an upgrade there, since most folks are familiar with recovering the gun crew in the Stock game. That has to come first. In FotRSU, it is not always possible since the guns are "glued" to the deck, yet the game still has a tendency to wipe-out the gun crew in about 1/3 of the upgrades... In any case, it will be a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn9 View Post
Running FOTRSU 1.1 patrol 1 out of Midway.
Had a 10 day patrol area, stayed in area, sank a few ships here & there.
At the end of 10 days,I received a radio message: patrol anywhere, or go to port.
Moved south, found a target, sank it. then I radioed in, Immediately got a message for a zone to patrol (Abridge, I believe).
Headed that way, took out another few ships on the way, no where near zone yet, radioed in, got a new zone (11, I think, I've slept and drank since)

Is this normal: get a new zone every time I radio in?
Quote:
Don't phone home, you can do what the hell you want after you've completed your main patrol objective.
Exactly. Normal behavior. You will keep getting assignments until you get below 10% of ammunition, or 30% of fuel - I think... It might be like 25% of fuel... Some of the missions that are closer in to bases get down to 8% and 20% levels... Wait until the lifeguard missions get added back in... they will run you ragged, since you don't need ammo for those, just fuel...