SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-12, 08:01 PM   #766
Charlie901
XO

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Would love to use this Mod if No Keys were re-mapped/binded in a future option?

Thanks!
Charlie901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-12, 10:27 PM   #767
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

you know, the reason using the current keyb. layout was...

1. Usefull for SH3/4 veterans, much closer to it, the majority of the target user group was used to it.

2. More usefull with new additional modded key commands.

3. Not intended to be shooter friendly, this is a different genre.

...iam shure someone did allready a common "WASD" shooter`s housewive layout, he is very welcome to post it here
...i know also that some keys are a bit unlucky at current, for example the hydrophone rotate keys.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 06:25 AM   #768
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Stormy: Just a minor request and I know it sounds like me complaining about the flavor of the free ice cream, but I really do love your mod like crazy

Would it be possible for you to make a version of it where you didn't have to choose the "alt beard" faces? It's just that I'm old school and if I have to force my crew to dry shave with a rusty bayonet, I'll do it
Old 03-03-12, 09:48 AM   #769
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
Stormy: Just a minor request and I know it sounds like me complaining about the flavor of the free ice cream, but I really do love your mod like crazy

Would it be possible for you to make a version of it where you didn't have to choose the "alt beard" faces? It's just that I'm old school and if I have to force my crew to dry shave with a rusty bayonet, I'll do it
hmm... why not scinning them, the problem should be gone for ever

...apropros ice cream, ive heard about an american ww2 front boat which didnt leave the port because of a faulty ice cream machine, so plz dont tell me about rusty bayonet`s

...maybe some day.

Old 03-05-12, 12:08 PM   #770
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Downloads: 54

Hi Stormy I have question,I really appreciate your work,that is first that has to be said,and second is that i noticed "Stormy`s options files for NewUi`s 6.9.0 and SDBSM", I am using Trevally's configuration "My current mod list 03/02/12." and is it OK for me to just extract sub config files? I was very annoyed with that dive function so your patch put on my face.
Best regards
Navuhodonosor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 06:51 PM   #771
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navuhodonosor View Post
and is it OK for me to just extract sub config files?
hi, it would help if your question could be a bit more precise, tell me the exact file name and i tell you why it is included.

Old 03-06-12, 05:40 AM   #772
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Sorry, It is your "Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional TDW UI 6.9.0 options files" and in there is "data\submarine" folder with some submarine.cfg files in it, so i am wandering could I use only them to fix my 'dive" problem because I have different "TheDarkWraithUserOptions".py file and I do not need that.
Old 03-06-12, 06:05 AM   #773
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navuhodonosor View Post
Sorry, It is your "Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional TDW UI 6.9.0 options files" and in there is "data\submarine" folder with some submarine.cfg files in it, so i am wandering could I use only them to fix my 'dive" problem because I have different "TheDarkWraithUserOptions".py file and I do not need that.
ohh, i didnt got what your dive problems are...

the submarine.cfg files are based on TDW new UI`s 6.9.0 but solve a little problem:

some ppl think it would be good using the "D" dive command to reach a predefiened dept, like standing in an elevator pressing "P2" to reach park deck 2 (more common for housewifes) ...if you have dived below that predefined dept and and press the dive command "D" the boat wont dive but surface.

...ithink that behavior is a no go, the dive "D" command should work as a dive command ! if "D" is pressed the boat simply dive until a level or surface command is given, including hull breach

the changes in the cfg files are set to an (allive) unreachable dept, making shure the boat will dive if the command is given (from any reachable dept).

Old 03-06-12, 06:37 AM   #774
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

just as I like it, escaping depth charges to a certain hull breach death
Thankhs for great stuff!
Old 03-11-12, 02:54 AM   #775
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

...just released

Stormys DBSM additional creaks and noises 1.0

this optional mod adds additional decent creaks and sub noises to SDBSM.

- works best if using SDBSM without the optional additional scary creaks enabled.
- changed (soften) "blunder Bernhards" sound sample.
- compatible with "PE more crew" mod.

Download optional additional creaks and noises: http://subsim.armedassault.eu/Stormy...noises_1.0.rar

Old 03-11-12, 03:21 AM   #776
misha1967
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
...just released

Stormys DBSM additional creaks and noises 1.0

this optional mod adds additional decent creaks and sub noises to SDBSM.

- works best if using SDBSM without the optional additional scary creaks enabled.
- changed (soften) "blunder Bernhards" sound sample.
- compatible with "PE more crew" mod.
"Blunder Bernhards"

Ahhh... More goodies. Thanks, Stormy!

On an unrelated issue (and point taken regarding the ice cream machines ), I tried getting the clean-shaven faces to be, well, clean-shaven by adding the MFCM after your SDBM which, in retrospect, was a bit foolish seeing as how you specifically say not to in your instructions and since I knew that it would overwrite your scripts, which would defeat the whole purpose of loading SDBM in the first place. But, hey, idle hands and all that, not to mention that I had to confirm that it was SDBM that put beards on the faces of most of my crew. Confirmed

Of course, I could have just asked, but what would be the fun in that?

Soooo... I pulled up MFCM and SDBM side by side to find out where they conflict, thinking that I could fix the problem myself and have your splendid mod AND the smooth faces. Surely I can't be all that helpless and God helps those who helps themselves, why should you have to do all the work for me and all that.

Except I was. I can't see any possible reason why your mod should add beards to my crew unless it's in the AI files somewhere, and that is WAY above my pay grade at this point.

I guess I'll either have to learn how to interpret those files or live with my bosun's goatee which, at least, isn't near as bad as having to live with the cook's fiddling.
Old 03-11-12, 03:49 AM   #777
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
"Blunder Bernhards"

Ahhh... More goodies. Thanks, Stormy!

On an unrelated issue (and point taken regarding the ice cream machines ), I tried getting the clean-shaven faces to be, well, clean-shaven by adding the MFCM after your SDBM which, in retrospect, was a bit foolish seeing as how you specifically say not to in your instructions and since I knew that it would overwrite your scripts, which would defeat the whole purpose of loading SDBM in the first place. But, hey, idle hands and all that, not to mention that I had to confirm that it was SDBM that put beards on the faces of most of my crew. Confirmed

Of course, I could have just asked, but what would be the fun in that?

Soooo... I pulled up MFCM and SDBM side by side to find out where they conflict, thinking that I could fix the problem myself and have your splendid mod AND the smooth faces. Surely I can't be all that helpless and God helps those who helps themselves, why should you have to do all the work for me and all that.

Except I was. I can't see any possible reason why your mod should add beards to my crew unless it's in the AI files somewhere, and that is WAY above my pay grade at this point.

I guess I'll either have to learn how to interpret those files or live with my bosun's goatee which, at least, isn't near as bad as having to live with the cook's fiddling.
beards...

if i you found some "unrelated" beard hairs in the cooks soup, search and compare text strings containing the word "beard", simply exchange those in my scripts with the MFCM original "beard strings".

Old 03-11-12, 05:19 AM   #778
misha1967
Commander

Quote:
beards...
OK, I'm obsessive-compulsive. Don't even get me started on the missing strawberries!

Quote:
if i you found some "unrelated" beard hairs in the cooks soup, search and compare text strings containing the word "beard", simply exchange those in my scripts with the MFCM original "beard strings".
I already did th... Wait a minute...

*Runs off to dig around in soup*

I'll be... You're a genius, Stormy. Who'd have thought there would be beard references in the CrewIdle script file? Certainly not me.

Ahhh... Clean-shaven crew! Soon I shall be the envy of the Kriegsmarine, Raeder himself will compliment me on the grooming habits of my men!

Now... Those strawberries...
Old 03-11-12, 05:55 PM   #779
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Who'd have thought there would be beard references in the CrewIdle script file?
of course and especially with long beards, because the name of the script "CrewIdle" say`s it all

Old 03-11-12, 09:05 PM   #780
Charlie901
XO

Downloads: 29

Can this mod be installed after OH II and TDW's UI Mods...?
Charlie901 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite