Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-30-14, 10:41 AM   #1186
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
EU fat cats just never learn, no matter what.

Czech EU commissioner Stefan Füle said that Ukraine, Moldavia and - tatarataa! - Georgia should become EU members.

The freakiness in EUpistan knows no limits, it seems. Georgia...? Has that fool never seen a map when visiting school? That is north-east of Turkey - that is Asia, that is the Middle East: that is anything - but not Europe! What's next? "Solving" the dispute with Iran by getting it into the EU, and Libya and why not Nigeria as well? Tajikistan maybe? Chechnya?

Needless to point out that in the same interview with German newspaper Die Welt he said that the EU should be turned into an stronger governmental and institutional framework. More dictatorship from Brussel, in other words.

Nothing can ever be achieved against such bitter determination to act and decide stupidly, arrogantly and in denial of reality. It's a psychopathology.

We need fatter cats that fart hotter farts.
wow just wow
"Has that fool never seen a map"?
Transcontinental states.
Part of Georgia is indeed in Europe, it is so defined by being on the European side of the mountains. Tajikstan however is not so your rant there is additionally pointless, though Kazakhstan also is partly in Europe, as is Russia Turkey and Azerbaijan.

If you want to do a silly rant about politicians not looking at maps without looking like a complete fool look at a map
Old 05-30-14, 05:59 PM   #1187
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Well looks like maybe the Russians are back off some, hopefully this is a step in the right direction. http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukr...icials-n118846
Old 05-30-14, 06:07 PM   #1188
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Just saying...

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-14, 06:28 PM   #1189
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Sure, and I can paint a map showing that the United States for example reach down to Venezuela.

The Caucasian region since centuries is seen and described - culturally and geographically - as a region where Europe has faded out and Asia has faded in. Hence the - imo already euphemistical - description of "Eurasia" - with more Asia and less Europe at best.

To claim it is "Europe" makes as much sense like saying that Syria is part of Europe.

Culturally, the region is more Middle East and Asia than anything else. The countries located there and sharing place with the region described as "Caucasian region", are Turkey, Armenia, Aserbajdjan, Russia, Georgia, Iran.

None of those countries are "Europe".

Europe to the East fades out somewhere along the territory of the Ukraine. Geographically. Culturally. Historically. And by mentality of the people in the regions.
Old 05-30-14, 10:01 PM   #1190
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Sure, and I can paint a map showing that the United States for example reach down to Venezuela.
When when map has even half the respect of the teaching community that worldatlas commands then maybe that argument will have some validity. Leave it to a German to be so exclusionary.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-14, 10:10 PM   #1191
jokker
Watch

Downloads: 41

Rewrote a confusing cell phone dictation. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokker View Post
I'm late to this discussion. The ring in my nose expression is silly. My direct observation of life in Europe and North America is quite favorable on many levels. I am influenced by the fact we in the west just live a more comfortable life with benefits the majority of the world doesn't enjoy, The possibility of hard work turning into a significant degree of financial independence is pretty uncommon for most of the world population. Europe has a safely net that is second to none. America has a long tradition of independence regarding uncensored speech. Our wealthy came about by building something useful, not being connected to a party. The Russian billionaires just had the connections to gain access to the industries built with public funds. At least our billionaires created something of value for the masses.

If your successful in the west, the system over time will tax it away and distribute of the wealth to its citizens.

Rule of law prevails here. I will conceed that corruption is a universal human trait. As is greed, as are other forms of corruption especially power grabbing. In the west we at least try to rebalance the wrong, (though not being as successful as I'd want).

But we in the west (including the capitalist far east) do live with many benefits that the remainder does not. You being in Germany should know that very well. I don't get your point of view, my travels worldwide have given me a first hand view of just how good I have it.

I too was excited for Russia when Boris stood on the side of radical change. I think when the KGB cronies ended up running the government along with and supported by the robber barons, the die was cast. My belief Russia is going to turn into a oil state with a very few having substantial money and the vast majority scraping by. Massive middle class in Russia, I am doubtful it will happen. I truly hope I'm wrong.

If you're unhappy with your current situation, just move to where you admire the system

bob
jokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-14, 10:15 PM   #1192
jokker
Watch

Downloads: 41

You can paint a map of "North America" reaching nearly down to Venezuela. Though culturally my Mexican neighbors are different, they are still Norte Americanos and proud to be so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

The Caucasian region since centuries is seen and described - culturally and geographically - as a region where Europe has faded out and Asia has faded in. Hence the - imo already euphemistical - description of "Eurasia" - with more Asia and less Europe at best.

To claim it is "Europe" makes as much sense like saying that Syria is part of Europe.

Culturally, the region is more Middle East and Asia than anything else. The countries located there and sharing place with the region described as "Caucasian region", are Turkey, Armenia, Aserbajdjan, Russia, Georgia, Iran.

None of those countries are "Europe".

Europe to the East fades out somewhere along the territory of the Ukraine. Geographically. Culturally. Historically. And by mentality of the people in the regions.
jokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-14, 12:32 AM   #1193
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Only if you are being completely dishonest about facts, again

Quote:
More complete bollox. Eurasia is the geographical term for the combined land mass of both continents.
"Has that fool never seen a map or a dictionary"?

Quote:
When your claim is shown to be complete rubbish you make another completely rubbish claim as a "favourable" comparison
Look its really simple, if you want to see how your really rubbish claim is proven to be really rubbish then have a gander at the EU. Deal with the case of a country clearly from a different continent applying to join and see what the result was
Deal with facts, or continue looking like a fool who has never seen a map.

Its amazing but not surprising how often your own words bite you in the posterior. Perhaps you should think before you rant.
Old 05-31-14, 01:23 PM   #1194
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Vladimir the (not so) great... REQUIRED READING!

[QUOTE=Aktungbby;2186785]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MH View Post
- he worked so hard to build his image of Roman emperor.

Nothing much has changed , what always glued Russia together was and is the ruthless leadership and Putin delivers the Act.
.... this guy sometimes acts like Mussolini.

Russia is suffering consequences of trying to be what it could not be.
Another country which builds own image of strength from outside in ... instead from inside out.
Sort of like NK but on grander scale.[/QUOTE]

INDEED! a veritable 'Genghis' Vladimir the Good...Where's the horde?
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB20001424052702304547704579564084286696684?mg=ren o64-wsj
Whereas I had dubbed "Vlad the good" with an equestrian theme , Leon Aron, of the Wall Street Journal, has checked in, resoundingly, with "Vladimir The (not so) GOOD" a little historical perspective and an excerpt: " But today's Russia isn't the Russia of old. The period of highly imperfect but real democratization under Gorbachev and Yeltsin, as well as the protest and open discussion of recent years, has made Mr. Putin's assertions of Russian exceptionalism even more transparently self-serving. Leonid Kaganov, one of Russia's most influential bloggers, recently posted what he labeled the "Ten Commandments of the New Russian State." It opens, in pitch-perfect parody of the regime's latest line, with the statement: "Russia is [the country] biggest in size, population, level of development, culture, intelligence, modesty, honesty and justice." It goes on to lament that "We are completely surrounded by Gayropa and its whores on all sides," who "falsely worship a notion of liberty deeply alien to us."
Or maybe not so "alien." A trifle lengthy-but fresh perspective IMHO an upgrade in horse and tack! A cloud of dust and a fiery steed? But the masked men are in Ukraine BBY! Somebody up there reads my posts!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-14, 05:24 PM   #1195
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-14, 08:04 PM   #1196
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
When when map has even half the respect of the teaching community that worldatlas commands then maybe that argument will have some validity. Leave it to a German to be so exclusionary.

Go 300-400 km to the left and to the right of that line, and you have roughly a transition zone where European cultures (plural!) fades out and foreign cultures from beyond fade in.

Then you have a fare ore realistic assessment of the zone that today represents the - highly diverse already! - European sphere.

If you think "Europe" is something that by precise lines and up to the last square inch is to be defined by desktop workers, then you make the same mistakes that earlier have messed up distant world regions so very often already.

And the EU - cannot even come to terms with tiny dwarf regions like Kosovo and corrupted places like Romania and Bulgaria, not to mention the blossoming corruption and growing centralised dicatortship in its governing hierarchy, the paper-Euro's slow motion cataclysm, and the self-dynamic of all Europe turning into a EUSSR. But ewanting to be the holy saint bringing order and light to a criminal hellholoe like the ukreaine where ordinary Mafgiose run the economy and governments, or Georgia.

Oh what a textbook example of illustrating the meaning of the term "megalomania".

Read Herrfried Münkler: "Empires" LINK. Maybe then you get a more competent understanding of the meaning and importance of centers and peripheries of empires, and why your fixed border approach (that ignores cultural realities on the ground completely) does mean nothing. Your nation and Britain and France did like that throughout the Middle East as well - ink lines overruling cultural and ethnic realities, and look how fantastic it has worked: chaos, war and violence resulting from that border-drawing, until today. Great job! Millions meanwhile have suffered or died for that abstract map making, making the conflicts of the Islamic civil war even worse by heating up the pressure in the cooker.
Old 05-31-14, 08:20 PM   #1197
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

And that is based on what?
I think particularly as far as Georgia, that's kind of ludicrous. Something tells me you don't know a whole lot about Georgian culture or history.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-14, 08:31 PM   #1198
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Looks to be based at the furthest extents of a certain military operations advance...
Old 05-31-14, 08:33 PM   #1199
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Looks to be based at the furthest extents of a certain military operations advance...
ZING

And in that case, why not exclude the whole of the Balkans region and Greece? They might hate to admit it, but they've been far more significantly influenced by the Ottomans (as culture goes) than Georgia ever was. Why not exclude most of Spain? They were controlled by Muslims for quite a while. Why not exclude Hungarians, Finns, Estonians and the Saami? Historically speaking, they're fairly recent arrivals from the Urals and are totally not European. And their languages are funny. Clearly serves Skybird's concept of the ever-shrinking Europe quite well.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-14, 08:41 PM   #1200
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Truth be told though, nothing is likely to come of this random EU bureaucrats mumblings, I mean let's face it, if every remark a bureaucrat made was true then the EU would be in Tokyo by now, and the US run by Hitler and Stalins love child.

Skybird said it himself, this is just a fart, and if we had an uproar every time someone farted then nothing would get done.

Tags
nato, putin, ukraina, ukraine, ukrajna