SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-15, 04:49 AM   #1486
beastment1
Nub

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Hi Folks,

I've searched long and hard, but can't find an answer to this one, so apologies if it's been covered.

I'm running SH5 with WoS on a 3440x1440 monitor. I don't seem to be able to get accurate distance measurements with the RAOBF. Should I be able to and I'm just doing it wrong, or would there be a 21:9 res patch needed somehwere?

Thanks so much for this mod by the way Vdr, what a pleasant way to jump back in to SH5!
beastment1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 06:40 AM   #1487
masd
Watch

Downloads: 99

I've just noticed that i don't get the DD to atack me, i've sliped right into to the middle of 4 DD and not a single one fired a shot at my uboat.
masd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 07:44 AM   #1488
PaulB
Watch

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Your game save is OK, no need to restart campaign...
Important notice
For people who are at the beginning of the campaign, activate this fix with JSGME after TWoS 1.03-Patch 5. This will be necessary only until patch 6 is released...
Thank you! This fixed it.

Now I am having a CTD on my way back from Scapa Flow to Wilhelmshaven, somewhere in the North Sea, around Oct 4. I will conduct further testing to see if it's repeatable under the same circumstances, and if so I will post.

Also, another thing I noticed, though this mostly concerns the UI mod included in TWOS.....I am using the SH3 interface, and when running electric engines, issuing the ahead slow command (key 1), does make the sub move at the proper speed (~2kts I think), but the engine order telegraph dial still shows all stop. Issuing the next command (key 2) makes the EOT dial indicator move to the proper slot for the setting.

This does not happen when running under diesel power.
Old 04-12-15, 09:07 AM   #1489
Phrozin
Bosun

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Thank you! This fixed it.

Also, another thing I noticed, though this mostly concerns the UI mod included in TWOS.....I am using the SH3 interface, and when running electric engines, issuing the ahead slow command (key 1), does make the sub move at the proper speed (~2kts I think), but the engine order telegraph dial still shows all stop. Issuing the next command (key 2) makes the EOT dial indicator move to the proper slot for the setting.

This does not happen when running under diesel power.

Thats a known bug with the "TDW electric engine rations patch" or "TDW electric engine rotations patch". It only happens on the electric engines as far as I know of.
Old 04-12-15, 09:11 AM   #1490
Phrozin
Bosun

Quote:
Your game save is OK, no need to restart campaign...
Important notice
For people who are at the beginning of the campaign, activate this fix with JSGME after TWoS 1.03-Patch 5. This will be necessary only until patch 6 is released...
is this patch only for those that have installed the radio mod, or is the radio mod installed from the get go with tWoS?
Old 04-12-15, 02:35 PM   #1491
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by masd View Post
I've just noticed that i don't get the DD to atack me, i've sliped right into to the middle of 4 DD and not a single one fired a shot at my uboat.
Harbor raid? Skapa flow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozin View Post
is this patch only for those that have installed the radio mod, or is the radio mod installed from the get go with tWoS?
For anyone with TWoS 1.03-Patch5 on board...Radio mod is contained in it...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 02:40 PM   #1492
Phrozin
Bosun

Quote:
For anyone with TWoS 1.03-Patch5 on board...Radio mod is contained in it...
10-4, thank you for the conformation. Installing it now
Old 04-12-15, 02:55 PM   #1493
masd
Watch

Quote:
Harbor raid? Skapa flow?
No. It was an experiment on my patrol, made heading to bristol, passed by two task forces and neither attacked. Restarted the game, reloaded the career and made heading for milford port and know i'm atacked by everything they have.
Old 04-12-15, 02:57 PM   #1494
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
No. It was an experiment on my patrol, made heading to bristol, passed by two task forces and neither attacked. Restarted the game, reloaded the career and made heading for milford port and know i'm atacked by everything they have.
During the daylight?
Old 04-12-15, 03:50 PM   #1495
masd
Watch

Quote:
During the daylight?
Yes, during the daylight, i've tried to get some screenshots but i coulnd't get them, each taskforce had 4 destroyers and i've put my uboat right in the midle of the four in plain daylight. Unfortunately i couldn't repeat this "bug".
Old 04-12-15, 03:53 PM   #1496
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Unfortunately i couldn't repeat this "bug".
That's good to know...SH5 AI can be sometimes very strange indeed...
Old 04-12-15, 04:58 PM   #1497
masd
Watch

Quote:
That's good to know...SH5 AI can be sometimes very strange indeed...
I realized that already

But there is other very small bug, i don't know if should it be on this thread or the OHII.
I've received information by radio message of two supply ships MV Thalia in Cadiz until December 1941 (and it appear's on map as a "port"), but the MV Bessel that is suposed to be in Vigo i dont get any information on the map about it.
Old 04-12-15, 06:16 PM   #1498
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I've received information by radio message of two supply ships MV Thalia in Cadiz until December 1941 (and it appear's on map as a "port"), but the MV Bessel that is suposed to be in Vigo i dont get any information on the map about it.
What is your current date?

MV Bessel should be available for refueling in Vigo from June '40:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2078
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2088

Please inform Trevally in OHII's thread on any anomaly or misleading campaign message.

In theory you should been given notice about the availability of any individual replenishment ship shortly before her deployment in campaign. The same goes for their retirement.
Replenishment operations in Spanish ports were unofficial (Spain was a neutral country) and they were carried out in a strictly confidential way; even admitting that someone in KM's high commands could foresee the readiness of Spain to support the German Campaign in the Atlantic, to the point of knowing with large advance start and ending dates (which I doubt), no U-boat captain would have been informed about them but at the last minute.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 06:49 PM   #1499
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by milky View Post
How do i get my ship to go past 64 time speed when seeing a friendly ship? I see a neutral ship or a friendly ship and it drops to x1 time compression. It takes freaking FOREVER to get past these boats at x64. Where is the option to change it to x254 or something? I cant find it in the CFG file.
all dependensies on time compress is set in main.cfg.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 07:11 PM   #1500
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by milky View Post
How do i get my ship to go past 64 time speed when seeing a friendly ship? I see a neutral ship or a friendly ship and it drops to x1 time compression. It takes freaking FOREVER to get past these boats at x64. Where is the option to change it to x254 or something? I cant find it in the CFG file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husksubsky View Post
all dependensies on time compress is set in main.cfg.
For clarity, it is the main.cfg in your documents folder. In windows 7, C:\Users\<your profile name>\Documents\SH5\data\cfg

NOT the game folder Silent Hunter 5\data\cfg.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote