SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-22, 02:27 PM   #4891
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel44 View Post
Thanks to s7rikeback, I was able to build a SH4 install based on the image of the DVD rather than my downloaded version from Ubisoft.com. Interesting that the sizes of the SH4.exe files are not the same. Anyway with that new install from the files s7rikeback provided, and following the same procedure I had with my downloaded install - I am now successfully running SH4 with FotRSU 1.8. Special thanks to s7rikeback and propbeanie for hanging in there with me to get me up and running on FotRSU!
Excellent! Any further issues, just holler...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 02:42 PM   #4892
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Is EAX sound sim for FOTRS V1.7 compatible with V1.8?
Be sure and see the "correction" above... sigh - oldmanitis

Quote:
Slightly confused on something...if I missed it in readme somehow, forgive me.

So I am definitely wanting to use the TMO style nav mpa contacts...black lines, "dots", no ship silhouettes etc.

452 TMOstyle_NavMapShipMarks and 453_TMO NavMapAirMarks enabled. Do I need 451aTMOstyle_Navmapdots_Nippon_Maru? Nihon Kaigun?

Also, these will replace the colored ship silhouettes correct? Just want the dots
The "451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots" puts just the dots on the NavMap. The "452_TMOstyle_NavMapShipMarks" and "453_TMOstyle_NavMapAirMarks" replace the zoomed-in view marks. No more colored marks. FotRSU comes with the single-colored lines already, but if you want the DD, Merchant, and APR lines, then put Moonlight's Lines in first, then the 3 TMO mods. You can also do "454c_EasyAOB_InputTargetDistanceOnTBT" on top of those, and have separate rotating dials. More is planned in this regard for the next version.

Quote:
Using same resolution always have. I'm kind of clueless about resolution matters lol

Stadimeter is functioning kind of like stock did, not easy to adjust to desired range, its different than in TMO. I remember long ago same issue in TMO was fixed, its been so long forget exactly what was done.

Curious, in future versions is it planned to add the pearl harbor sub base to historically correct location? I could try but not sure if what is used in TMO would work in FOTRS?
The Pearl Submarine Base has been sitting on my hard drive for a while. I still have to get the "artwork" for the NavMap and ME matched-up better than what I have. If you ever see that long, narrow dock, such as a Corregidor, it is not quite right either. That is a difficult part of doing those type of mods, as far as I'm concerned... You can build the parts, but getting the dds file to match the dat is tough for me... We hope the next release has it, but we also don't want folks driving into docks that don't look like they're in the way...

Old 07-20-22, 03:11 PM   #4893
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The "451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots" puts just the dots on the NavMap. The "452_TMOstyle_NavMapShipMarks" and "453_TMOstyle_NavMapAirMarks" replace the zoomed-in view marks. No more colored marks. FotRSU comes with the single-colored lines already, but if you want the DD, Merchant, and APR lines, then put Moonlight's Lines in first, then the 3 TMO mods. You can also do "454c_EasyAOB_InputTargetDistanceOnTBT" on top of those, and have separate rotating dials. More is planned in this regard for the next version.
The Pearl Submarine Base has been sitting on my hard drive for a while. I still have to get the "artwork" for the NavMap and ME matched-up better than what I have. If you ever see that long, narrow dock, such as a Corregidor, it is not quite right either. That is a difficult part of doing those type of mods, as far as I'm concerned... You can build the parts, but getting the dds file to match the dat is tough for me... We hope the next release has it, but we also don't want folks driving into docks that don't look like they're in the way...
I don't know how you guys find the time to do all this, unless your retired..lol. I barely have time to even play the game without falling asleep at night. One night I woke up in the chair 2 hours into a patrol and found my sub beached up on an island somewhere...lol.
Was praying it wasn't Japanese shores.

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 03:38 PM   #4894
propbeanie

How do you think half of the mistakes I make are introduced?... lol - would you believe, the old forehead to the keyboard trick?

That's my excuse, and I'm stickin' to it... but yes, I am retired while the other fellows work at regular jobs. So I get to assemble the parts, and I do try to not mess it up...

Old 07-20-22, 04:01 PM   #4895
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Default Guc patch for interior

Hey Beanie something must be wrong with Guc patch...
I tested several assemblies and it seems that the mechanics are bored with new caps..
I'm looking at the moment
it depends on the class of boat chosen is the periods chosen remember already the previous time there were bored..!!
It would be good to have the opinion of other MM or Fitz ..BH

my list mod
[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8=1
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU=2
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU=3
Combined Roster=4
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar=5
450_MoonlightzSonarLines=6
650_MoreDudz=7
801_UMark Invisible=8
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU=9
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=10
805_CWC_FIOQv18=11
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=12
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN=13
New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod=14
FOTRSU_1.7_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k=15
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7=16
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch=17
Enhanced Sounds for SH4=18

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 07-20-22 at 04:19 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 04:30 PM   #4896
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

How do you fire the SBT-1 decoys? J key no longer functions, have not located it in the F1 key guide
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 04:55 PM   #4897
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hey Beanie something must be wrong...

I did a Cachalot out of Pearl, and an S-Boat out of Manila last night with the interiors and the upc patch. Let me do it again here in a few hours and take another look at it... just to be certain though, had you emptied the Save folder? This version is not backwards compatible with its earlier self...

Quote:
How do you fire the SBT-1 decoys? J key no longer functions, have not located it in the F1 key guide
The semi-colon / colon key. It's on the "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" picture, but there are at least two missing from the Back sheet, which is what is used with the F1 key in-game... You do have to have decoys of course, and I do not remember their date of availability...

Old 07-20-22, 05:48 PM   #4898
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

I did a Cachalot out of Pearl, and an S-Boat out of Manila last night with the interiors and the upc patch. Let me do it again here in a few hours and take another look at it... just to be certain though, had you emptied the Save folder? This version is not backwards compatible with its earlier

I'm still on it, I've done several installs...
I have had several careers..;Pearl..;Surabya.. with: s-18.. Sargo...Porpoise..Cachalot..
then the problems start...
I of course took care to remove the "saves"..empty the mods backup...and all the timtim...!!
I'm taking a new approach... I'll tell you more tomorrow..
we have to wait for more feedback MM...KM.. BH...Fitz let's see what they say..
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 07:35 PM   #4899
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

So the stadimeter/range dial is driving me crazy lol Can only drag the plastic "slider" on outside of the dial to about 1300 yards and it just stops. Anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 07-21-22 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-20-22, 07:48 PM   #4900
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Note: This is, a 1st run analysis, thus far... after initial set up.

Ok, that said...

Am skippering the USS Seadragon (SS-194) American Sargo-class submarine, based out of the Phillipines, start date of 12/41, just after Pearl.

On My install is:

[MODS]

FotRS-Ultimate v1.8 X
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU X
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU X
N-K-M Combined Roster X
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN X
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch X
New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod X
Enhanced Sounds for SH4 X
International Radio mod
450_MoonlightzSonarLines X
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols X
FOTRSU_1.7_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k X
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter
399c2_NoScrollNavMap - OAKsSameSizedDials
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU X
851_Yel_FotRSU_Logo
801_UMark Triangle
302_MoreDifficultAI001
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar X
SH4-JimiMadrid Torp rework mod
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_SEADRAGON_SS194
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_SEADRAGON_SS194
1-MM's Gramophone music mix

Kal_Maximus_U669's mix:

[MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8=1 X
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU=2 X
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU=3 X
Combined Roster=4 X
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar=5 X
450_MoonlightzSonarLines=6 X
650_MoreDudz=7
801_UMark Invisible=8
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU=9 X
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=10
805_CWC_FIOQv18=11
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=12 X
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN=13 X
New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod=14 X
FOTRSU_1.7_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k=15 X
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch=17 X
Enhanced Sounds for SH4=18 X

X = same mods in play

Just about nearly identical... minus some mods & placement differences... of course.

Thus far, have only just begun with that Sargo class sub... & 1 thing that caught My eye.... initially, was... in a couple of the crew, sporting ball caps, like they were part of a... baseball team, or something.

After getting over the... intial shock of that, figured that I'd... wait & see if anyone else noted it or not. Not being sure of if it was part of the new innovative things added in or not.

Special note:

Of the mod:

SH4-JimiMadrid Torp rework mod

I took a look into this 1... & did do a bit of reworking of it.

I gutted the original jimi torp.dat & the Torp_US.dat files in the /Library folder... & replaced those with the FotRS-U EN v1.8 ones.

I'll make note of the sub that seems to be... facing the crisis of the 'dueling hats' & see if it crops up on My end...

End preliminary report.

M. M.

P.S.:

This install, is a complete fresh, out of the box, SH4 v1.5 branded, clean install... & that includes, even the save games folder...
Old 07-21-22, 12:10 AM   #4901
propbeanie

OK fellows, I have had a time of it getting laptop computer time with the wife doing her shopping, but I finally got it so I could do a fresh-fresh install on the machine. Since it is so late, I have not had time to do any more mods other than FotRSU, the Interiors and the Interiors patch, in that order, and here is my S18 out of Manila:

With gun crews placed:

Same, at Battle Stations:

Normal surface ops restored:

Interior:

Interior at Battle Stations:

I have not had time to load my test mission that I use to go through all three shifts on all of the boats, but I can try some of that tomorrow. First glance is that there is nothing wrong here. However, it does look like this is the pre-vickers fix version of the file, so some of the interior characters might have inappropriate gear for where they are. However, I am not seeing hats doubled anywhere thus far - not to say that they aren't somewhere, but I have not found them yet. I will try to match your mod list tomorrow Kal_Maximus_U669, and try some more. The idea with the new set-up with the hats and clothing is that even if you move a character, other than the CPO and Officers, that appropriate head gear would follow.

http://www.usww2uniforms.com/USN_N3_Utility_Cap.html

Speaking of which, the crew IS a team MM, like a ball team, only closer, hence the uniforms, etc.. lol - but those "ball caps" represent the N3 Utility hat, which while it did not technically come out until 1943, there were similar hats previous, and you cannot "date" dress the crew, even if they know a hot babe in the next port... sorry, bad joke... Also, jimimadrid's Torpedoes are IN THE MOD - no need to tear things apart to use them. They are really nice renditions of authentic US torpedoes. The TMO style mod was left in there for those who want that style of torpedo, but the artwork is nothing close to what jimimadrid did. Both shoot what you see - in theory...

Bubblehead1980, I don't believe I have ever had an issue like that in manual-targeting, though I am not the best at it, of course. I am usually off with my stadimeter measurements anyway, and will either miss ahead or behind with that, so I am usually doing a fast 90 couple of shots instead, where no range is needed. If we find anyone else with issues, or better still, a solution, we'll let you know. I'll try to noodle some with it tomorrow when testing for the hats further.

Old 07-21-22, 01:22 AM   #4902
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Just made my first torpedo attack in Dec 1941 in Marshalls on a DD. I had a perfect set up but DD changed course, forcing to fire from longer range than planned. Given Marshalls is a slow area generally and this is a full fledged DD, decided to attack. Fired from 4600 yds, excellent track. Two premature explosions ( I am using my torpedo settings from TMO), but one stayed on track. Unfortunately he spotted my wake and evaded, now closing at me.

I've set up for down the throat shot. This stadimeter now the slider will only let select between 900 and 9000 yds lol. This is definitely a leftover stock issue, I am searching to find what TMO did to correct it long ago. Really will prove problemsome for manual targeting/realistic attacks.
Old 07-21-22, 07:18 AM   #4903
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hey Beanie something must be wrong with Guc patch...
my list mod
[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8=1
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU=2
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU=3
Combined Roster=4
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar=5
450_MoonlightzSonarLines=6
650_MoreDudz=7
801_UMark Invisible=8
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU=9
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=10
805_CWC_FIOQv18=11
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=12
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN=13
New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod=14
FOTRSU_1.7_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k=15
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch=17
Enhanced Sounds for SH4=18
OK, as I am setting up for the day and reviewing your list Kal_Maximus, I noticed this. The highlighted Orange text 11 mod should be after the 13 and 17 mods. The Interiors mods gives you the interiors, of course, the upcPatch makes that 'compatible' with v18, which is only a few clothing changes, and then the FIOQ version of the CWC mod adds the Cold Weather Clothing, also edited for the Interiors mod. I am not certain what happens with the sound mods in the order you have them, but perhaps vickers03 sees this, he can comment on those. EAX after the Interiors mod, but I am not certain about the Enhanced Sounds or Sounds Interior mods, but I would guess the order you have them is OK... Anyway, I am taking a deep dive into more hat and targeting testing now... I'll see how many times I get sunk trying the stadimeter and setting range... lol

Old 07-21-22, 10:00 AM   #4904
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Interesting....

Dec 1941...fired torpedo "down the throat" of a oncoming Mutsuki DD.

Of course torpedo prematurely detonated. I was passing 80 feet when two depth charges exploded ahead to starboard. Not super close, but close.
Took some minor damage overall. Battery damage was listed as 12 percent,
but after repaired, batteries will only recharge to 57 percent. I know this happens, which is fine, just surprised by the discrepancy showed on damage screen and lingering residual damage.

After initial run, the DD was completely inept lol. Briefly pinged, never dropped depth charges on me again. I cruised along at 250 ft.
Old 07-21-22, 11:22 AM   #4905
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338

Great job!
U-190 is offline   Reply With Quote