SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-18-22, 05:25 PM   #4876
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810
Uploads: 0

Default Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate..Version 1.8

Version 1.8 of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate
Assembly finished... first try... impeccable... vickers skin & interior & sound with.. tomorrow goes on patrol thank you team Fotrs..

Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 12:05 AM   #4877
Rigel44
Sailor man

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
Is the stock game running as it should.
Full screen, no CTD, ect....

I am able to launch and play the stock game without any issues but cannot get any mods to run via JSGME. They look like they install fine but only the stock game launches. This is a new download of the SH4 Gold (1.5) as I could not find my orginal DVD copy of the game. I do wish I had that DVD to try it because I had that set up to run OMEGU via JSGME on an old computer with WinXP no problem.

I suspect it is something in the download I had or something in my Win10 Pro installation that is blocking the modification

Was almost afraid to install the FOTRS after that but I really wanted to try it out.
Been playing SH4 since it came out in 2007 so I was ready for something new. The only thing I had to do for FOTRS was a clean install and download the mod and JSGME into my SH4 folder and install the LAA app to run the larger files. Couldn't believe it when it fired up the first time.
I even did it using the game I purchased thru Steam without changing any of the file locations.
You should feel lucky you got it to FOTRS to run so easy - I am anxious to play but right now I am in IT hell.

Thanks to all the support from SubSim members I have not lost hope of getting this to run.

Thanks!
Rigel44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 08:35 AM   #4878
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate vers 1.8

the tests continued yesterday. A little later than expected...as usual with this game..I had some problems with our sailors so their caps have been reorganized today. But I know the people in charge of 805_CWC_FIOQv18 have already had a go...new assembly from the promising start but hasn't finished...wrong that I'm trying in patrol...
some screens to enhance this magnificent modding work of which the FoTrSu team has the secrets...
Cachalot could do with a little finishing on the visual aspect of the bridge... if I may my dear Beanie..

Old 07-19-22, 08:51 AM   #4879
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel44 View Post
You should feel lucky you got it to FOTRS to run so easy - I am anxious to play but right now I am in IT hell.

Thanks to all the support from SubSim members I have not lost hope of getting this to run.

Thanks!
Hey Rigel44
... Where are you with the computer hells...

have you checked the internal mod files? the front page of the forum of said mod ??? Or you are "unpayable" in IT...
the FoTrS team provides all the tools...explanations...proceed in stages...
by reading what is proposed... in a first step of mod no soup activate the main mod that's all we will see the rest after....
what is your material?? what is your game??
read the spoilers.. the PDF in section support?...

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...92&postcount=1
oh yes there is no hell in computing...otherwise everyone would have already burned me I tell you..
the devil is in the details, it's crispier like that... ahy hy hy

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 07-19-22 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-19-22, 10:00 PM   #4880
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

I was about to load up my TMO Update V2.0 as after some time with U Boats in Atlantic, ready to come back to the pacific. However, with this released, think will load it up and give it a try.Downloading now. Well done team

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 07-20-22 at 04:32 AM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 01:02 AM   #4881
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Is EAX sound sim for FOTRS V1.7 compatible with V1.8?
Old 07-20-22, 04:02 AM   #4882
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Finally got things setup and running. Did not have time to run patrol last night, but did few test dives, familiarized myself with controls etc.

Umark Invisible removes the orange marker correct?

Also, the stadimeter is very difficult to set range manually...

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 07-20-22 at 04:17 AM.
Old 07-20-22, 08:05 AM   #4883
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Hey Bubblehead1980 my best regards...
yes for both of your questions
since yesterday my patrol at the beginning of 1942.. leaving Surabaya.. S-18 SS123..
all is going according to plan at the moment. Of course I can't predict anymore...
Old 07-20-22, 10:14 AM   #4884
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
the tests continued yesterday. A little later than expected...as usual with this game..I had some problems with our sailors so their caps have been reorganized today. But I know the people in charge of 805_CWC_FIOQv18 have already had a go...new assembly from the promising start but hasn't finished...
Can you describe this in more detail please Kal_Maximus_U669? I have found an issue with the Cachalot, but it has nothing to do with that hats, other than the look-outs on the shears knocking MY hat off while I'm standing at my station while at Battle Stations... sigh - but as far as hats go, be certain if you are using vickers03's Interiors that you use the "FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch" that comes in the MODS folder with the FotRSU mod, but apply it after the Fleetboat Interiors of course. Also, if you use one of the CWC mods, be certain you are using the correct version of that. The "805_CWC_FotRSUv18" is used without the Interiors mod, and "805_CWC_FIOQv18" is used when you do use vickers03's Fleetboat Interiors mods. Let us know if you find a problem there, because the upc files can be quite complex to edit for all of the boats. It is extremely easy to miss things in there.

Quote:
Quote:
Finally got things setup and running. Did not have time to run patrol last night, but did few test dives, familiarized myself with controls etc.

Umark Invisible removes the orange marker correct?

Also, the stadimeter is very difficult to set range manually...
Yes, EAX will function close to as intended in FotRSU. Put it in PRIOR to the Interiors mod though, if you go to use it. Fleetboat Interiors should be one of the last mods, followed by EAX in any list with FotRSU - probably your TMO_BH also - other than the CWC mod. There are audio files in there that get overwritten by EAX. As for the UMark Invisible, yes, that makes it go away, replacing it with a "blank" file. What sort of issue are you having with the stadimeter? That is basically the "Stock" game, or v1.7 of TMO. We have not (as of yet) done any changes there... The stadimeter is one "device" on the submarine where it is important to have the video stream match all the way through, from the display's "native" resolution to the Windows display driver, to the resolution used in the game. The better the display monitor, with higher resolution, the more precise the stadimeter can be. There are also a couple of add-in mods in the AddInModzPak for manual-targeting, which will become even more useful with the next release (we hope).

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-20-22 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Whoops - wrong order AGAIN!!!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 11:46 AM   #4885
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Many thanks for the new update. Downloading now. Time to start a new campaign with the new FOTRSU and Nippon Maru.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 11:58 AM   #4886
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Slightly confused on something...if I missed it in readme somehow, forgive me.

So I am definitely wanting to use the TMO style nav mpa contacts...black lines, "dots", no ship silhouettes etc.

452 TMOstyle_NavMapShipMarks and 453_TMO NavMapAirMarks enabled. Do I need 451aTMOstyle_Navmapdots_Nippon_Maru? Nihon Kaigun?

Also, these will replace the colored ship silhouettes correct? Just want the dots
Old 07-20-22, 12:01 PM   #4887
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Can you describe this in more detail please Kal_Maximus_U669? I have found an issue with the Cachalot, but it has nothing to do with that hats, other than the look-outs on the shears knocking MY hat off while I'm standing at my station while at Battle Stations... sigh - but as far as hats go, be certain if you are using vickers03's Interiors that you use the "FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch" that comes in the MODS folder with the FotRSU mod, but apply it after the Fleetboat Interiors of course. Also, if you use one of the CWC mods, be certain you are using the correct version of that. The "805_CWC_FotRSUv18" is used without the Interiors mod, and "805_CWC_FIOQv18" is used when you do use vickers03's Fleetboat Interiors mods. Let us know if you find a problem there, because the upc files can be quite complex to edit for all of the boats. It is extremely easy to miss things in there.

Yes, EAX will function close to as intended in FotRSU. Put it in PRIOR to the Interiors mod though, if you go to use it. Fleetboat Interiors should be one of the last mods in any list with FotRSU - probably your TMO_BH also - other than the CWC mod. There are audio files in there that get overwritten by EAX. As for the UMark Invisible, yes, that makes it go away, replacing it with a "blank" file. What sort of issue are you having with the stadimeter? That is basically the "Stock" game, or v1.7 of TMO. We have not (as of yet) done any changes there... The stadimeter is one "device" on the submarine where it is important to have the video stream match all the way through, from the display's "native" resolution to the Windows display driver, to the resolution used in the game. The better the display monitor, with higher resolution, the more precise the stadimeter can be. There are also a couple of add-in mods in the AddInModzPak for manual-targeting, which will become even more useful with the next release (we hope).

Using same resolution always have. I'm kind of clueless about resolution matters lol

Stadimeter is functioning kind of like stock did, not easy to adjust to desired range, its different than in TMO. I remember long ago same issue in TMO was fixed, its been so long forget exactly what was done.

Curious, in future versions is it planned to add the pearl harbor sub base to historically correct location? I could try but not sure if what is used in TMO would work in FOTRS?

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 07-20-22 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-20-22, 12:48 PM   #4888
Rigel44
Sailor man

Downloads: 86
Default Up and Running Now!

Thanks to s7rikeback, I was able to build a SH4 install based on the image of the DVD rather than my downloaded version from Ubisoft.com. Interesting that the sizes of the SH4.exe files are not the same. Anyway with that new install from the files s7rikeback provided, and following the same procedure I had with my downloaded install - I am now successfully running SH4 with FotRSU 1.8. Special thanks to s7rikeback and propbeanie for hanging in there with me to get me up and running on FotRSU!
Rigel44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 02:10 PM   #4889
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 702
Uploads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie
Yes, EAX will function close to as intended in FotRSU. Put it in PRIOR to the Interiors mod though,
no no, EAX should be installed after the Interiors otherwise it doesn't work.
EAX has all the effects the Interiors need but not the other way around
vickers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 02:19 PM   #4890
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
no no, EAX should be installed after the Interiors otherwise it doesn't work.
EAX has all the effects the Interiors need but not the other way around
I think you have had to correct me on that one before... sigh...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote