SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-28-21, 09:44 PM   #4111
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15 Re: peri wake splach patch... tests results...

Ok, here are the end results, of a test run, with My v1.72... erhm... v1.73 now, mod set up... with the peri wake splash patch, included in the mix.

Ran, 4... separate test runs... as outlined, as follows:

1. Attack scope up (not that any respecting skipper would run surfaced with it or... much less, their boats Obs. scope fully unhoused from its stored position, but.. in the interests of fully exploring the interactions from the mod & its patched state... decided for... thoroughness here. )

That said, on giving the order to crash dive... whilst going from a surfaced to submerged state... the wake effect, that a "raised" scope would generate... did, in fact... occur.

Think of like the wave/wake effect with the sub charging ahead at full bore... just... way smaller.

That continues, until the scope head, disappeared, once it was fully submerged. so.... end results... all good there.

1. Obs. scope test.

As noted with the attack peri notes... same end results as before, with the attack scope.

End analysis.. all good there.

3. For this test run, I upped the ante & had not just the attack or Obs. scope fully upright, but... BOTH... as if any skipper back then, worth their salt.. would ever... EVER... run with their scopes out & up, like bending over, waving a "come kick me" sign...

However... again, for thoroughness here, ran with it, any way.

End noted results... same as with both scopes, in the solo testing... all good there.

last test, # 4.... No scopes up, at all...

On diving, no wake effect, in evidence... with exception of one, caused by the.... air search radar... I believe it was... or the early surface search, perhaps... there was a similar wake from that... but on the top of that submerging... just as with the scopes... it too, disappeared, once the sub was in no way above the surface.

In conclusion... the patched mod, is on My end, working as it did.. before with v1.6X & as well as with v1.46... aces.

Kal, Mon ami, have not a clue as to what is with the set up you have... with that included... except for the possibility of the mod order... perhaps...

Is the only thing I can think of... that, comes to mind.

End test report...

M. M.
Old 12-29-21, 09:40 AM   #4112
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Default Splash periscop..No work

Hello, I regret Mad Mardigan it does not work that it is with different speed obs & o.Atk .. radar deck wash .. even change the list of mods even without the vickers mod...??? I will be curious to see yours ..
mods FoTrS1.46

mods FoTrS1.7

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 12-29-21 at 03:12 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 09:50 AM   #4113
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I am suspecting - not confirmed of course - Kal_Maximus_U699, is that MM has a mod (Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOT R SU??) that has a Particles.dat file that Periscope wake splash for FOTRSU uses. His Interiors mod is loaded early, as compared to those, but whatever it is, it is a different load-out of mods than what we have. We're trying to dig deep into that today...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 09:54 AM   #4114
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I am suspecting - not confirmed of course - Kal_Maximus_U699, is that MM has a mod (Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOT R SU??) that has a Particles.dat file that Periscope wake splash for FOTRSU uses. His Interiors mod is loaded early, as compared to those, but whatever it is, it is a different load-out of mods than what we have. We're trying to dig deep into that today...
Thx for the précisions....
I was going to forget ... binocular problem the compass is wrong ...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 12-29-21 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-29-21, 12:00 PM   #4115
Rock Storm
Watch

Downloads: 26

My Modlist:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7
German PPI Screen and Metric Nomographs
399_NoScrollNavMap
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
454_EasyAOB_FotRSU

Next Patrol now, and the Rank signs have disappeared:
https://ibb.co/Sy5KFm1

And they offered me a new command, which i denied, of course, because it was the 2x of January '43. Would have been the Balao, since i allready have the MS Gato.
Wonder if they offer me a new, new command, when the time should be fitting?

Rock Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 01:30 PM   #4116
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15 Re: v1.73 mix list...

Current mod mix, that I ran the tests with...

[E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SH-megamods\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U-EN v1.7\MODS]

001- 100_FotRS-U v1.7
001B- Nihon Kaigun v1.1
001C- Nippon Maru v1.6a
001D- N.MaruV1.6a-N.KaigunV1.1-combinedroster
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7
FI-OQ-FOTRSUv1.7-EN(patched)
New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod *
Enhanced Sounds for SH4 *
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter *
Smaller seabed rocks *
Smaller seaplants-small *
Sober's Better Sand v2 *
Sober's better rocks v2 *
Sober's 3D waves mod *
SH4 - Sealife_Pacific (new)
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOTR SU *
806_PeriscopeSplash
Improved gun tracers - torp damage mod *
302_MoreDifficultAI001
650_LotsaDudz
FDSMod DD tex Pack-Solo *
FOTRS-U v1.7(only) Sub skins in 4k
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_SEAWOLF_SS197 (Alt)
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_SEAWOLF_SS197 (Alt)
1-MM's Gramophone music mix *

* denotes non FotRS mods, of which, am more than happy to see of packaging together, zip it & host the zip an share the link to it.

Just drop Me a dm & will see of doing just that.

M. M.
Old 12-29-21, 01:57 PM   #4117
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Thx for the précisions....
I was going to forget ... binocular problem the compass is wrong ...
eh... what kind of binocular problem? The Player's view, or one of the crew does not have theirs at the ready? If you use the CWC, I have found a few boats that have a crewmember or two not properly holding them, losing them overboard, and then pretending like they still have them... such behavior shall not be tolerated, and they will be reprimanded with forthcoming Patch. I am having issues now with the new jackets, but it seems I found the issue, and just have to apply it across the "fleet"... but let us know about the binoculars, which ones you mean, and which compass, but also be sure and include which boat, from where, and which date you are sailing. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Storm View Post
My Modlist:

[D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7
German PPI Screen and Metric Nomographs
399_NoScrollNavMap
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
454_EasyAOB_FotRSU

Next Patrol now, and the Rank signs have disappeared:
https://ibb.co/Sy5KFm1

And they offered me a new command, which i denied, of course, because it was the 2x of January '43. Would have been the Balao, since i allready have the MS Gato.
Wonder if they offer me a new, new command, when the time should be fitting?

Image link is not showing, but when editing, I can see that it is the same interior picture...
OK, I got to see your picture above, but I could not get the link to function as it looks like you intended... imgbb just does not like to do the IMG tag here apparently. Anyway, I would not recommend you use the "German PPI Screen and Metric Nomographs" at all while playing the US pacific subs. I cannot find that mod, and we have no way of seeing what it does, besides artwork. If you want a metric Nomograph, CapnScurvy has one around SubSim somewhere here, and it is probably compatible with FotRSU. I'll see if I can find that here in a bit. In the meantime, a new command is an elusive target. About like trying to do manual targeting on a BB moving at 32 knots, and your periscope wont' stop spinning... This is the post from Ducimus, creator of TMO "Of refits, new commands, rank, and retirements, which we have a pdf version of in the Support folder of FotRSU somewhere. If the "math" looks a bit wonky, it is... no one mentions order of operations or mentioins using parenthesis to delineate such. If the math is done the way he says, then you end up with the possibility of a divide by zero situation, which surely is not what can happen... but anyway, suffice to say that a Player can end up with a Zero rating for their Patrol Rating, which is what promotions and New Commands are based upon. The basic premise that you have to do three patrols, and all three at an "Excellent" rating, which involves (seemingly) more than just renown. When you meet the conditions, then you are offered a New Command upon return to base. But again, you do have to do rather well. Years ago, I had a Porpoise out of Pearl in TMO, which FoTRSU is based upon, and I did nine patrols in the boat, sinking some ships, taking a lot of damage, and never got a new conning tower, and was never offered a New Command. I did get promotions, we did earn "medals", we did get new radar etc. as time allowed, but I still had the "bathtub" conning tower in late 1943. When I came back in from my last patrol, I was "retired" and sent to the Submarine School, with the admonition of "Those who can't, teach"... lol - that wasn't rude at all, now was it? lol - In other words, I did just enough, apparently, to not be retired earlier, but never quite enough to get a new boat. Oh well. But that is the way the game works in that regard. We have ~never~ seen any Ubisoft documentation on how most of the internals of the game works, and most of what we "know" is supposition

Old 12-29-21, 02:00 PM   #4118
propbeanie

MM, you mod list destroys certain of the other mods in it. Specifically, something is contributing that "splash" effect you get from the periscope. It probably also adversely affects vickers sound mods, including what's in his Interiors mod. I don't know for certain on that, but we cannot replicate the "splash" effect. Where did you get that "Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOT R SU" mod? That is our current "suspect"...

Old 12-29-21, 02:31 PM   #4119
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Hello, I regret Mad Mardigan it does not work that it is with different speed obs & o.Atk .. radar deck wash .. even change the list of mods even without the vickers mod...??? I will be curious to see yours...
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
MM, you mod list destroys certain of the other mods in it. Specifically, something is contributing that "splash" effect you get from the periscope. It probably also adversely affects vickers sound mods, including what's in his Interiors mod. I don't know for certain on that, but we cannot replicate the "splash" effect. Where did you get that "Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOT R SU" mod? That is our current "suspect"...
Ahoy, propbeanie... Kal...

Check DM... as in the immortal words of, AOL...

"you've got mail.!"...

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-29-21 at 02:40 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 03:15 PM   #4120
Rock Storm
Watch

Downloads: 26

"German PPI Screen and Metric Nomographs"

Ah, ok. Thank you.
But now, that i think about it, the Metric Nomographs are not that important.
I have to multiply the nm with 1.852 to get Kilometers.
And I also have multiplied the yards with 0.91 to get meters.
I used to play imperial back then, but having the yards evolving into nm, and having yards on the radar, but the deckwatch then tells you how many feet the target is away...Brainphuck.
I also used to work in Florida at my aunts landserveying business, and renovating houses. I got a feel for inches and feet with the time, but going to a homedepot and having stuff like screws with 7/49 of an inch... Holy Moly.

Periscope spinnt:
Back then when playing TMO, i didnt knew about the specific dates of when boats are officially available. So i took every new command i could get so besides not working survace radar, i also now remember the exact same situation. Task Force huge Carriar and stuff, yes sir, periscope depth, and the periscope would just spin around at like 3 spins per second.

Rock Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 03:24 PM   #4121
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

double degree band ...

double degree band ... see screen
I do not recall these mods anymore ... because I have amassed so many and tried a lot .. !!!
"Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for _FOT R SU"
anyway I tried different combination with 1.7 is it has nothing to give ..
I redid a clean install yesterday ... have not yet started a career .. it is about trying in training is already all these problems ... even without the interior vickers ... even without EaX sound ..
I will reload the intergraliter of all the elements necessary for the construction is there .. there will be no excuse for the errors .. see you later

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 12-29-21 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-29-21, 05:31 PM   #4122
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Current mod mix, that I ran the tests with...

[E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SH-megamods\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U-EN v1.7\MODS]

001- 100_FotRS-U v1.7
001B- Nihon Kaigun v1.1
001C- Nippon Maru v1.6a
001D- N.MaruV1.6a-N.KaigunV1.1-combinedroster
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7
FI-OQ-FOTRSUv1.7-EN(patched)
New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod *
Enhanced Sounds for SH4 *
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter *
Smaller seabed rocks *
Smaller seaplants-small *
Sober's Better Sand v2 *
Sober's better rocks v2 *
Sober's 3D waves mod *
SH4 - Sealife_Pacific (new)
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOTR SU *
806_PeriscopeSplash
Improved gun tracers - torp damage mod *
302_MoreDifficultAI001
650_LotsaDudz
FDSMod DD tex Pack-Solo *
FOTRS-U v1.7(only) Sub skins in 4k
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_SEAWOLF_SS197 (Alt)
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_SEAWOLF_SS197 (Alt)
1-MM's Gramophone music mix *

* denotes non FotRS mods, of which, am more than happy to see of packaging together, zip it & host the zip an share the link to it.

Just drop Me a dm & will see of doing just that.

M. M.
Hello MM,

Could you link me with;
Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOTR SU
Improved gun tracers - torp damage mod

I would like to view the contents against fotRSU.
Old 12-29-21, 05:55 PM   #4123
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Hello MM,

Could you link me with;
Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOTR SU
Improved gun tracers - torp damage mod

I would like to view the contents against fotRSU.
Ahoy, s7rikeback...

Check DM... as in the immortal words of, AOL...

"you've got mail.!"...

M. M.
Old 12-29-21, 07:06 PM   #4124
propbeanie

Quote:
double degree band ...

double degree band ... see screen
I do not recall these mods anymore ... because I have amassed so many and tried a lot .. !!!
"Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for _FOT R SU"
anyway I tried different combination with 1.7 is it has nothing to give ..
I redid a clean install yesterday ... have not yet started a career .. it is about trying in training is already all these problems ... even without the interior vickers ... even without EaX sound ..
I will reload the intergraliter of all the elements necessary for the construction is there .. there will be no excuse for the errors .. see you later
Gotcha... thanks. Now, referring back to you list on the last page:
Quote:
... My list:
D:\Sh4\Sh4_FOTRS1.7\[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7=1
Nippon Maru v1.6=2
Nihon Kaigun v1.1=3
Combin Roster Nipon Maru & Nihon Kaigun=4
301_MoreDifficultAI00=5
302_MoreDifficultAI001=6
303_MoreDifficultAI_Air=7
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar=8
450_MoonlightzSonarLines=9
453_TMOstyle_NavMapAirMarks=10
525_StickieCamera=11
650_MoreDudz=12
801_UMark Invisible=13
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU=14
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=15
806_PeriscopeSplash=16
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=17
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN=18
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7=19
If you haven't already, pull numbers 6, 7, 11, 12, 14 - unless it's the new one, and 16, if you haven't already. Those are all of the AddIns in your list, that might cause trouble. s7rikeback may have found the issue with the periscope splash, and it is an old "problem", similar to the "red flare" that didn't shoot back when... the "splash" was something that was already in FotRSU, from the FOTRS days that was disable sometime when-ago when the links were broken, which is why they won't work now... so hopefully, it's just a matter of re-building the links. Similar with some of these other mods, where we have found bits and pieces (if you will) just hanging there, looking for a link to activate them properly... We are going into testing for the CWC (much more had to be re-done in it) and the periscope splash... We'll have a CWC for the Interiors also, but it might be a couple of days... It still doesn't change the fact though, MM, that something is broken on your install. You have what used to be called "cross-contamination" from something old in one of the other mods. It's just a question of "what"...

Old 12-29-21, 07:22 PM   #4125
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

the binoculars are being repaired ...

I'll let you work .. then when we're ready we'll try ...
I thank Mad Mardigan for his PM ... for his assembly which seems to work ...
"Fresh" assembly ... redownload file
[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7=1
Nippon Maru v1.6=2
Nihon Kaigun v1.1=3
Combined Roster=4
301_MoreDifficultAI00=5
302_MoreDifficultAI001=6
303_MoreDifficultAI_Air=7
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar=8
450_MoonlightzSonarLines=9
650_LotsaDudz=10
801_UMark Invisible=11
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU=12
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=13
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=14
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN=15 à(29:12:21)
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7=16 à(26:12:21)
FOTRSU_1.7_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k=17