SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-17-22, 07:12 PM   #4861
FotRSU Mod Team
Team Leader

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 3
Default Version 1.8 posted

OK - finally - it is out the door:

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8 (First page link for the download link)

The posts are not edited very well, and will be revised as we catch things. For the latest on the mod, see the Support folder and the "01_FotRSU_TableOfContents.pdf" file for links to all of the ReadMe kind of stuff that is much more accurate than the online posts, which have grown rather unwieldy over the last few update cycles...

NOTE: THIS IS NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE - you will need a fresh install and a clean Save folder since there are again UnitType changes and UnitClass changes. If you want to use vickers03's Interiors mod, there is a "patch" file in the FotRSU mod's MODS folder that must be added to keep the crew and clothing compatible. vickers03 is working on further updates, but they are a bit in the future.

The main thing for now - DO NOT ADD ANY ADDITIONAL MODS - other than those as found in the AddInModzPak (and vicker's interiors and Nihon Kaigun) - but make certain your install and FotRSU activation functions correctly FIRST.

Nippon Maru - due to the late nature of this release, s7rikeback has a few more checks to go through tomorrow (he is six hours ahead of propbeanie and already getting some shut-eye), so DO NOT USE Nippon Maru just yet. If you do, and you experience a CTD, you have been forwarned...

If you have issues - let us know ASAP with the circumstances, such as install location, boat, home port, where you are, what date it is, etc. Since we are textually challenged at time, and dense as a hickory tree trunk, be sure and gather as many arts and crafts as possible (ie: pictures) if at all possible. If it CTDs, of course it's too late to do screen grabs, but...
Old 07-17-22, 07:21 PM   #4862
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

CONGRATULATIONS FotRSU TEAM on your v1.8 release!!!

I know how hard you've been working on this for ages.

Here's to you guys!

SINK'EM ALL!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 07:33 PM   #4863
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Thank you thank you thank you. On behalf of the Team, I hope we passed the audition... I would like to thank not only the other members of the team, but also me mum for birthing me... I do not know the physical pain of that process... but I sure do know the mental anguish of a troubled teen... since I was one... lol - and this has been like one, staying out past curfew, smoking weed (or something cause it acted CRAZY at times - or maybe that was my medication)... wouldn't clean its room, wouldn't bathe... phwew! Out the door with you, mod!!!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 12:21 AM   #4864
Rigel44
Sailor man

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Should, yes, but there are so many ways the game can lead one astray... lol - we'll see if he posts again.
Hi Propbeanie,

I will attach some screen grabs of my file structure. I have checked again and I believe I have all files in the right location including the mod. To launch the game I am using the SH4 executable right in the modified game file - not a shortcut from anywhere else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Game File Structure.jpg (74.6 KB, 12 views)
Rigel44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 12:23 AM   #4865
Rigel44
Sailor man

This is the file structure inside the install I want to be FotRSU
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Game Folder.jpg (86.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-18-22, 12:25 AM   #4866
Rigel44
Sailor man

Finally, here is inside my mod folder - I am not seeing anything that should not work. I am going to go read up on running SH4 in Win10 - maybe I am missing something, but I will say the stock game does run
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mods Folder.JPG (71.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-18-22, 05:09 AM   #4867
propbeanie

Going by the middle post of above Rigel44, the installation of SH4 looks fine, and the mod appears to be activated properly. I of course cannot tell if the LAA or 4Gig Patch have been activated on the SH4.exe properly, but if you are not getting an FotRSU splash screen now, there is something odd going on. That should show just fine after the mod activation. Have you navigated to "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" and deleted the "cfg" folder below? You can just click on the "Documents" icon in the upper left-hand pane ("Quick Access") of your screen grabs above, and find the SH4 folder there. That is the Save folder that SH4 uses, and it must be cleared so that SH4 creates a new one with the information from the modded game folder.

That looks to be a Ubisoft download game you have, so I'll try to download another copy of my Ubisoft version, and see if they changed their licensing (again), and maybe something is going on there... in the meantime, v1.8 of the mod is out, so you might want to download the latest version of the mod, though there is nothing major in the new version.

Old 07-18-22, 05:26 AM   #4868
Rigel44
Sailor man

I did run LAA and it said it was successful on SH4 executable. I have deleted the SH4 folder in Docs as well - still no luck getting anything but the stock game to run. I am at a loss as to what to try next... I have gone into SH4.exe and the filemanager.dll to make sure both "read only" boxes are not checked and tried running as the admin but all results are the stock game launches.
Old 07-18-22, 07:29 AM   #4869
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel44 View Post
I did run LAA and it said it was successful on SH4 executable. I have deleted the SH4 folder in Docs as well - still no luck getting anything but the stock game to run. I am at a loss as to what to try next... I have gone into SH4.exe and the filemanager.dll to make sure both "read only" boxes are not checked and tried running as the admin but all results are the stock game launches.
Is the stock game running as it should.
Full screen, no CTD, ect....
My problem was getting the stock game to run on Windows 10.
Would only get the game to play in a small reduced sized window. Very annoying when your trying to play on a 49" UKD/4K. Very annoying.
Every time I tried to change the screen to full size it would go to black and lock up. Finally I found an old article that had to deal with DirectX and copying 2 .dll from one file over to another so they worked together. After that it worked fine.
Was almost afraid to install the FOTRS after that but I really wanted to try it out.
Been playing SH4 since it came out in 2007 so I was ready for something new. The only thing I had to do for FOTRS was a clean install and download the mod and JSGME into my SH4 folder and install the LAA app to run the larger files. Couldn't believe it when it fired up the first time.
I even did it using the game I purchased thru Steam without changing any of the file locations.

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 08:26 AM   #4870
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815

Icon14 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8

Many ThX Les Potos...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 08:30 AM   #4871
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel44 View Post
I'll come back to you soon ... it looks like we are making progress on this installation isn't it my friend
Old 07-18-22, 01:58 PM   #4872
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU where is it?...a problem with the links it seems to me...?
or in the name of the folders..?
Old 07-18-22, 02:00 PM   #4873
propbeanie

Try it now Kal. He has the link fixed... One of those things, of doing 2 uploads at once, and didn't clear the text cache before pasting the link probably. If you look closely at the FotRSU first post and download page text, it looks very similar to v1.7's text... sigh - we went through all of the trouble to edit the text for the files, and then linked to incorrect ones from trying to push the mod out before all the pre-edited dates went bad... lol

Old 07-18-22, 02:32 PM   #4874
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Try it now Kal. He has the link fixed... One of those things, of doing 2 uploads at once, and didn't clear the text cache before pasting the link probably. If you look closely at the FotRSU first post and download page text, it looks very similar to v1.7's text... sigh - we went through all of the trouble to edit the text for the files, and then linked to incorrect ones from trying to push the mod out before all the pre-edited dates went bad... lol
Nothing dramatic Beanie... with all that prep work...
anyway thanks guys...
just started mod alone for the moment no problem... first turn of the wheel. Flawless..
Old 07-18-22, 03:30 PM   #4875
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Nothing dramatic Beanie... with all that prep work...
anyway thanks guys...
just started mod alone for the moment no problem... first turn of the wheel. Flawless..
yes just pecho for those who can't find an appointment directly in the download section

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5911