SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-23-22, 09:30 PM   #1
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Default How to upload a file?

All,

I've made a gramaphone image for my own use and thought I'd share for those that want to try to "manually" target ships. It's meant to aid with S-Boat targeting, but has info for the Mk-14 as well in case you want to manually target with the fleet boats as well. The method is most commonly referred to here as the "Dick O'Kane" method.

I'm working on a text file to give credit to the forum as a whole, but the image is based on someone elses work. I'd like permission from them first to upload my work since my work wasn't originally meant for release.

1. Since it's from a mass mod (FOTRSU) with the "cleared" extra mods, how do I know the original author and if he/she is not with us anymore, can I even release this?

2. It's just a simple graphic you can add with JSGME and I have it that way in my setup. Can I keep it that way for simplicity once I can get the okay to release?

3. If I can't get the release, can I just upload the data/format as a PDF without the graphic component to it (borders, etc) without any violation of someone's copywrite?

4. How can I post a file for you guys to download? I've found all kinds of help in the forums, but haven't found a way to upload a file - only pictures. Am I even allowed?

Thanks for the help, and here's what it looks like. It works in-sim with various boats without any issues I can find.

If you folks are interested, please let me know how to get in touch with those I need to get in touch with.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

ElCid97.

PS: Sorry for the size. I can make it smaller if needed.
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 10:14 AM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCid97 View Post
All,

I've made a gramaphone image for my own use and thought I'd share for those that want to try to "manually" target ships. It's meant to aid with S-Boat targeting, but has info for the Mk-14 as well in case you want to manually target with the fleet boats as well. The method is most commonly referred to here as the "Dick O'Kane" method.

I'm working on a text file to give credit to the forum as a whole, but the image is based on someone elses work. I'd like permission from them first to upload my work since my work wasn't originally meant for release.

1. Since it's from a mass mod (FOTRSU) with the "cleared" extra mods, how do I know the original author and if he/she is not with us anymore, can I even release this?

2. It's just a simple graphic you can add with JSGME and I have it that way in my setup. Can I keep it that way for simplicity once I can get the okay to release?

3. If I can't get the release, can I just upload the data/format as a PDF without the graphic component to it (borders, etc) without any violation of someone's copywrite?

4. How can I post a file for you guys to download? I've found all kinds of help in the forums, but haven't found a way to upload a file - only pictures. Am I even allowed?

Thanks for the help, and here's what it looks like. It works in-sim with various boats without any issues I can find.

If you folks are interested, please let me know how to get in touch with those I need to get in touch with.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

ElCid97.

PS: Sorry for the size. I can make it smaller if needed.
you need new permissions from The Boss. Send Onkel Neal a PM.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 11:32 AM   #3
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Thanks for the heads up!

I'll get in touch with him after the holidays are over.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 12:03 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

As for permissions, some of that info looks like it might be from Hitman's table... I thought we had his table and a ReadMe thingie in the Support /VariousAddInReadMe folder, but apparently it was missed in the build, and nothing is mentioned in the FotRSU ReadMe... You could PM Hitman, and see if he recognizes what you have.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote