SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-30-22, 09:38 AM   #46
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Health Wars in US schools. This one made me chuckle.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...chools/432201/

Compare to this translated essay:

https://www-faz-net.translate.goog/a...pp#pageIndex_2

Everything with reason, and eye measure, please. Too much ideology is in the the game, too much incompetently handled pseudoscience and method abuse. Too many nutrition myths that already are debunked and still get held up - or got replaced by new myths not any less erratic.

As with other convenient topics, climate for example, health and nutrition nowadays too often get abused for ideological reasons, displaying one's own world view and determination to impose it on others, and enforcing social and civilizational change and replacement of social order, a new form of class conflict, by making ecology and nutrition weapons that get swung in the war against those who stick to the "old order".

Last time I was in a "Bio-Supermarkt" over here, was short after New Years Eve, I wanted a certain salt, and I quickly regretted to have gone there again. The typical audience often is easy to recognise, but the vegetable on display was shabby, old, and withered. To compensate for it, it was expensive.:LOL: No way I waste money or time on such stuff. But those who buy it often push their proudly swinged chest like a polished harness when they go to pay, and there they then stand with that poor looking strunk of withered leek and hold it as if it were the sword Excalibur.

Absurd.

Some basic things should be known about food. Some endlessly repeated myths and lies should be objected to as often as they get repeated. But many now turn it into a religion, a form by which they express what they consider their core identity, their group context. Psychologically, that leads to camp-building and polarization, sectarianism. And regarding eating, it leads to loss of enjoyment, taste, and - health.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-30-22 at 10:03 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 04:19 PM   #47
Skybird
Soaring

Medcram'S Dr. Seheult on a new and bomb-proof study showing that Vitmaine-D (and to lesser degree Omega 3) helps to significantly redcue auto-immune diseases of various kind.

This is not specifically on Covid-19, but several different serious autoimmune diseases.

A very solid study design, very solid methodology, and high "n."

The conclusions on the positive effects sound not like much (although they are anything but small), but I want to remind of that the study used still very low doses of Vitamine D (2000 IU) and Omega 3 (1 gr) only, whereas many experts for both would say that the real therapeutical relevance starts at 4-6 thousand IU Vit-D and 2-3 gr EPA+DHA. I am very confident that higher doses than those they used would have shown a much higher effect over time, especially in case of Vit-D, because we know that the number of genes Vitamine D can activate and switch for the positive, does not rise just linear with increasing of doses but exponentially.

Also, both nutrients are interacting heavily with other nutrition supply status that they depend on to work best,. and depend on for resorbation. Apparently the study unfortunatey, like I see so often in ecotrophology, did not pay attention to this, so the nutrients supply status of the almost 29000 participants is unknown. Considering that these days the nutrition standard is not good, I absolutely would expect that if the other nutrients would have been optimized to interact best with the given Vit-D and Omega 3 doses, even these given low doses would have shown even better effects. Thats a theory I claim, but I think its a very well founded, reaosnable consideration thta almost recommends itself.

Nutrients of maximum interest for this study would have been Omega-6 status, Arachidon status, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamine C, Vitamine A, and parat hormone (not a nutrient but an importan index) Then this good and solid study would have been even better.

The study I did not read, I trusted in Dr. Seheult to have summarized it correctly. Doing such things is the bread and butter of his lectures, isn't it.
Old 01-13-23, 01:11 PM   #48
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Most likely already posted but I haven't researched any previous posts.

Anyway, something I've recently run across that when taking Vitamin D3 is too combine it with K2 Mk7. Usually sold together, the K2 is supposed to reduce calcification buildup in the arteries.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 02:16 PM   #49
Skybird
Soaring

Indeed, I often have mentioned it. Taking Vit-D should best be understood as taking a trio of D3, K2 and Magnesium.

D3 increases the efficiency by which calcium gets extracted from the food in the guts, from the calcium in the food a bigger share gets absorbed by the body if there is a good supply with D3, than there is calcium absorbed when D3 if deficitary.

The calcium then is in the blood.

So that the calcium does not stay in the blood, where it should not be, it needs to be transported into the bones and teeth, and must be kept there. This is where K2 comes in, it is like a taxi that picks calcium guests up in the streets (blood vessels) and drives them to into their hotesl: the bones and teeth. Calcium finds that it is where it wants to be, leaves the taxi and everybody is happy.

This is however only relevant if you take really high doses of Vit-D. The common doses of 1000-5000 IU, and probably even more, are not producing that much calcium in the blood that K2 is an urgency and that you should worry about your calcium. That is pretty much a consensus amongst Vit-D experts.

Usually, magnesium is more relevant for most people, because 40% or more of Western people are Magnesium-deficient anyway, and without Magnesium Vit-D in its storage form - inside fat-tissue - cannot be activated by he body, it is like gold inside a safe for which you have no key or code. Magnesium is needed to turn the storage form of Vit-D into the metabolically active and usable form.

It is strongly assumed, and also reasonable, that osteoporosis is caused by a change in metabolism that gets either caused or at least further worstened by K2-deficiency. Then the calcium is no longer being held in the bones, where it belongs. And where should it go to from there? Can only go into the bloodstream. Calcium in blood thus goes up high. Which is the reason why many old women die of it (most osteoporis diagnoses are given to female patients). But they do not die of osteoporosis, but from arterosclerosis: calcification of blood vessels. Dont tell me that this does not make an awsome lot of sense. Osteoproris maybe does not indicate a calcium deficit, maybe there is enough or almost enough calcium in the body - its just not situated where it belongs!

Thats why nowadays a doctor who still tells his patients with osteoporosis that they need calcium injections or evervescent tablets, in principle commits a grave medical malpractice. At least with no other, significant health issues messing up the formula. Thats why we see no advertising for calcium tablets anymore, since many years already. That has killed people in the past, that simple it is!

Vit-D's relevance for transporting calcium from the bloodstream into the bone, is misunderstood by very many doctors who claim that it is what Vit-D does. Thats not really correct, its relevance for the transportation is very minor, the transport is K2'srelevance, not Vit-Ds so much. Vit-D increases the absorbation rate of calcium from the food: thats what it predominantly does with regards to calcium.

The danger of calcium problems is used a very lot to demonise the supplementation of Vit-D and to bring peoplel away from it, not to mention: making peopel so afraid that they do not use therapeutically relevant doses.

Under ideal natural conditions, the human body, its skin, can produce 20 thousand IU of Vit-D in the skin if fully exposed to sunlight with a UV-index higher than 3 (thats a physical precondition you do not get around: no UV higher than 3: no Vit-D production worth to be mentioned, period). When that ammount per day has been reached, the production rate gets dramatically reduced by the body, very dramatically, so it seems to be a natural limit set at 20,000 IE. Thus I would conclude that it makes, for a normal and healthy person, no sense to consume higher doses than these 20,000 per day. But even 40,000 per day over many months has been shown to not be health-damaging in any perceivable way (no previously existent health issues assumed). Its just that you probably waste your money then. It biologically seems to make no sense to go this high.

I consume 2x 5000 IE Vit-D per day, plus 2x 200mcgr K2 and 2x 800mg Magnesium. My last test was in autumn lastr year, I had a level of then 82 ngr/ml. Strong! Good! But not too high!

There is a lot of fear-mongering being done by health officials and lobbyists, and many doctors simply never have been taught this when they studied.

True is, however, that pills neither can (nor should!) replace exposition to sunlight, for that has other additional health benefits as well (interferon production in mitochondria due to infrared in sunlight, for example), nor should pills repalce eating healthy. They talk of supplements, not of replacements or surrogates - and for a reason that is! A little excercise also is part of the formula (though I must admit that I have become a sinner regarding this).

Important to understand is just this: most vitamines and minerals you can no longer get in the sufficient ammounts by natural fresh food and fresh air and sunlight anymore. Our foods, even organically risen, simply is not good enough anymore, our famrign soils are depleted, our new genetic creaitons leave to be desired, and many of us do not get the needed skin exposition to the needed UV levels anymore, even less so when using sunblockers to help against skin cancer. You need to find a workign balance there. And mind you, a good supply with Vit-D has anti-carcinogenic prophylactic effects and supports the immunity functions of your body. Myself, I use no sunblocker in summer anymore as long as I do not go on days-long bicycle tours, else I just wear thin shirts with long sleeves, thicker trousers, and a hat. I use some head-work and avoid walking too long in the sun, that simple. Sunblockers? Only very rarely, when i cannot avoid exposition over hours. Sunblockers also block your skin's Vit-D production.

edit:
You are right with your mentioning of K2-MK7, there are many chemical forms of K2, and most of them cannot be made use of by the human body, a few get absorbed by very low rate, the by far most efficient way to consume K2 is that K2 that comes in the form of "MK-7 all trans". I explained earlier in this thread what that means. You want K2, not K1 (even this gets messed up by doctors not rarely), and you want your K2 as MK7 all trans. K1 can be added, but its releavnce in the cintext discusse dhere, is very, very limited. K1 does other things better.

https://www.amazon.de/Vitamin-D-Die-...ps%2C89&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.de/Osteoporose-Fo...ps%2C79&sr=8-4

Last edited by Skybird; 01-13-23 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-13-23, 02:48 PM   #50
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Another supplement I’ve been taking is 500mg of Niacin Vitamin B3 with Flush.

Supposed to be good for helping to reduce blood pressure. FYI for the fellas, you will eventually build a tolerance to the hot flashes within the week.

As for Vitamin D I’ve also read it assists with cognitive function.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-13-23 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-13-23, 03:46 PM   #51
Skybird
Soaring

At our age even doctors recommend that ALL actors of the Vit-B complex should be supplemented by both genders. Vit-B is known to be an age-dependant emerging deficit, and it effects EVERYBODY, its an aging symptom. That is common medical advice even beyond the supplementers' community.

Niacin is also available as "flush-free".

Beside its usually described medical benefits, it also can support the adaptation to increasing doses of iodine (B2 as well), and can prepare for the the detoxification reaction that many people misunderstand to be "iodine intolerance" (which for organic - and essential!!! - iodine does not exist and cannot exist. Radioactive iodine isotopes obviously are something very different).
Old 01-13-23, 03:55 PM   #52
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
At our age even doctors recommend that ALL actors of the Vit-B complex should be supplemented by both genders. Vit-B is known to be an age-dependant emerging deficit, and it effects EVERYBODY, its an aging symptom. That is common medical advice even beyond the supplementers' community.
Niacin is also available as "flush-free".
The information I’ve read it’s a nicotinic acid which causes the flush and it’s that acid which is supposed to help reduce cholesterol levels. While no-flush niacin works as other B vitamins to promote energy metabolism it has not been shown very well to have an effect on cholesterol levels.

But as always check with your doctor and make yourself aware of the side effects. They’re always pros and cons to everything we shove in our pie-hole.

Old 01-13-23, 04:13 PM   #53
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
As for Vitamin D I’ve also read it assists with cognitive function.
Well, its no vitamine, but a steroid homrmne. That means as a hormone it is practically omnipresent. Only few molecules and elements are participating in so many metabolic function, like Vit-D.

With age comes a declining energy support of neural cells in the brain. Amiognst othger pathsm, Vit-D apporeoahces the issue here by helping the cells to consume energy in form of certain fats instead of carbo hydrates. It is assume dand research ic done on the thesis that severla forms of mentla disoerders like shizophrenia could be understood as brain cells starving to death due to insufficient energy intake. Deficits like Pakronson and Alzheimer also may have asscoiated links to this understanding fo neurons "starving". Vit-D also seems to affect the regeneration of myelin sheds along neurons.

I think the idea that Vit-D is associated to cognitive performance is a prmsijn g theory that is worth to be researched deeper. Such research is alsraedy done. the results are limited in range and scope, how they get interpreted so far seems to depend ore on the background of the interpreter than the quality of the data, it seems. But I do know that cognitive functionings in Alzheimer patients can be reactivated to certain degrees - as long as the neurons were just close to "neural starvation" death and not indeed alreayd dead - by letting the consume signfiocant amounts of MCT oils and coconut fat/oil. If Vitamine D can be reliably proven to play a role in reuglating the absorbation of such nutrients by neurons, then its relevance for the regulation of cognitive fuctions is practically proven.

But all this I just copy from the backbench of my memory, I snapped it up, red it somewhere, its none of the items I am mainly interested in regarding Vit-D, so do not read too much into what I say here. But I agree with a professor whose lecture I listened to some time ago and who said he would bet a large amount of money that the pharmaceutical industry would not be able to come up with an active substance from its laboratory in the next 15 to 20 years that would even come close to the versatility and relevance of vitamin D for countless metabolic processes in the human body. It's not a magic bullet - but it's a real jack-of-all-trades and hard to overestimate. - I believe the same applies to a high omega-3 consumption and strict omega-6 avoidance, a high (!!) salt consumption, and iodine+selenium. Sugar I think must not even be mentioned anymore to be a problem, everybody should know it by now. The lesser, the better. The idea is: insuline-spike-avoiding eating habits.
Old 01-13-23, 04:16 PM   #54
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
The information I’ve read it’s a nicotinic acid which causes the flush and it’s that acid which is supposed to help reduce cholesterol levels. While no-flush niacin works as other B vitamins to promote energy metabolism it has not been shown very well to have an effect on cholesterol levels.

But as always check with your doctor and make yourself aware of the side effects. They’re always pros and cons to everything we shove in our pie-hole.
One never stops learning, this was new to me. Luckily I can report that when I took very high doses of B2 and B3 for 3 months when I started to go deep into Iodine, that I suffered no flush at all. Never, despite significantly high doses (for 3 months only).

Pills that dont kill make you tougher!
Old 01-24-23, 06:23 PM   #55
Skybird
Soaring

How the Americna way of life makes peope fat and lets them die younger, in a nutshell. What the author misses in his list is the relevance of sugar, sweeteners, fructose and glucose, soft drinks, and HFCR (high fructose corn syrup, the worst of all sweet stuff).

https://www.nzz.ch/international/fet...&_x_tr_sl=auto
Old 01-24-23, 07:13 PM   #56
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
How the Americna way of life makes peope fat and lets them die younger, in a nutshell. What the author misses in his list is the relevance of sugar, sweeteners, fructose and glucose, soft drinks, and HFCR (high fructose corn syrup, the worst of all sweet stuff).

https://www.nzz.ch/international/fet...&_x_tr_sl=auto
One thing about inflation is that it may actually help the American diet. To counter rising prices and help keep them stable companies started shrinking (shrink-flation) the amount of food per serving.

My nephew travels to Europe extensively he told me your food servings at restaurants and stores are normally much smaller than we are served over here. But thanks to inflation we’re getting closer

Old 01-24-23, 09:12 PM   #57
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
One thing about inflation is that it may actually help the American diet. To counter rising prices and help keep them stable companies started shrinking (shrink-flation) the amount of food per serving.
No, it is quite established knowledge that the diet is worse in nutritional value when being poor. You cannot afford better foods then, the crap food is the affordable, cheap food. Also, low income correlates with low education and thus lacking understanding what healthy and what lousy food is. That is the case in every global society where Western food habits have arrived, and you also see it in people who were raised healthily outside the West and then migrated into the West. Especially well-documented is the link between a rise in Western civilizational desease in Japanese who first migrate from Japan (very healthy) to Hawai, and then to the continental US . Certain types of cardiovascular and cancer deaseases they have not or almost not when they were in Japan. After some years in the West, their illness rates have started to rise and reach the same average like the native American population. Further in-depth research has been done on the effects of low versus high carb diet in the West and Asian countries, and in case of Japan the impact of high consumation of "plant oil (West) versus high consummation of fish-and maritime food related fats (Japan) while avoiding plant oil, and then again more research was done related to high iodine intake (Japan) and deficitary iodine intake (America).

Modern Western industrially high-processed food simply is garbage that gets dumped not into the bin where it belongs, but people'S stomach, where it certainly does not belong. People may be well- (in fact over-) supplied with carbohydrates, but are in deficitary supply of nutrients and in oversupply of toxic food components, namely not fat, but sugar/carbohydrates.

And although there is no real consensus what exactly defines so-called mediterranean diet which is considered to be very healthy and is associated with low rates of cardiovascular deseases and diabetes and high age, all the variations of definitions have some things in common, amognst them beign avoiding sugars and too much carbohydrates (pasta, bread), consuming much olive oil and maritime food, fish, only few (sweet) fruits but plenty of vegetables. Also, avoiding industrial plant oils. I see the value of it more in what it avoids than what it suggests to eat.

My biggest points to consider, are these:
- plenty of Omega 3- oil and reducing every practically available source of Omega-6, which exlcudes all plant oils, and I mean avoiding them ALL. You still will consume some Omega.6, and if it is some, then it is oka,y becasue some Omega-6 we essntially need for sure. Just not in relations ot Omega 3 exceeding a ration of 3:1 or so. Most Westsern people have ratios in the range form 15:1 to 35-50:1...!!! That is like rust in your health. It corrodes you.
- controlling carbohydrates - you simply do not really need any, they are not essential. You can live perfectly healthy without any carbohydrates at all. The body just rpefers them for quiock energy-making, but you can as well gain energy from keton-bodies the body makes form good fats. You can healthily live without sugars. But not without fats.
- healthy fats instead: organic butter, organic gee, MCT oils and coconut oi, olive oil extra vergine and of good quality, fishoil, organically raised animal fats.
- not turning vegan and not even vegetarian, but keeping meat consummation modest. Non-red meat preferred, but must not be completely avoided.
- plenty of fish and sea fruit.
- cutting down on everything sweet. I know its hard to avoid chocolate and the likes completely, but at last: cut it down in quantity. I do not avoid it completely, but I have really cut down on it.
- NO SNACKS, at leasts dramatically cut down on sweets.
- Bread not every day, alcohol not every day. If wheat bread, then bread with long dough rising time, else soar dough bread.
- see what it does for you to avoid wheat. Human digestion simply is not amde to digest wheat and related seeds, period. There is no way around this finding. Humans simply are not made to digest ATI, it ALWAYS causes inflammation, in EVERYBODY. A healthy person must not realise it, a weakened person will. Ilove self_baked pizza and bread. But I have reduced it. Bread only every third or forth day. And then either pizza or bread, not both. I also cut down on pasta, which I also love. Hirs eis a new star in my food scheme, and I really like it, its not just duty, but I enjoy it.
- NO SMOKING. Nicotine and added chemical agents NEVER do any good for you. Never.
- Vegetable, fresh.
- Avoid industrially processed convenience food, at least cut down on it in quantity.
- Cut down on cow milk products. I liked pure milk, but for drinking it pure I do not get it anymore, only for purpose-bound use when cooking.
- Avoid milk-replacement drinks.
- Avoid non-fermented soy. The topic is a battleground currently, I know I know - but I have chosen my side against soy. I only do use soy sauce, and would consider fermented soy. And I do no like Miso or Natto, so I do not eat soy at all anymore.
- AVOID "LIGHT" products, and fat reduced products. Its not only nonsense but even counterproductive. And it tastes less. Better watch out for good fat quality in your food. DO NOT AVOID FAT, BUT SORT FATS AND OILS, eat the good ones without bad consience, do away the bad ones. You can loose weight while eatiung good fats, you must not avoid them. You get fat and obese from carbohydrates, not so much from fat. Of course, everything can be exaggerated, even fats, so use your brain a bit - you have it for a purpose.
- NO SOFT DRINKS, no cereals flakes, corn syrups, any stuff of that categories.
- do supplement, learn about it.
- Drink enough water, but ignore calls to exessively drink. Only elderly people and small children have no reliable feeling for thirst and best drink "according to time table".
- Do not exaggerate it with protein. Not avoid it, but not pushing it either.
- Steroids and such things for "sporty people" are NOT considered food supplements! Vitamines and minerals and essential trace elements are.
- Get enough sleep.
- Enjoy life.
- Keep sorrow and anger at bay.
- consider intermittend fasting.

You can ignore:
- salt content, its irrelevant and the low-salt-less-cardiovascular probloems thesis simply is wrong, has been proven wrong, and in fatc is one of the worst cases of data and study forging in the histor yof medicine. That still the opposite is claimed by "heallth authorities" and "experts", is a scandal, if not a cirme. There is NO NEED to cut down salt, that is drivel spread since decades, but the long time does not make it less a drivel. Shake that salt shaker as much as you pleases. DO NOT AVOID salt, you damage yourself that way. Eat as much as you like. If you like it a lot, no problem. Sugar is a problem. Too much omega-6 is a problem. Too much carbohydrates is a problem. SALT IS NOT.
- calls to pedantically avoid ANY alcohol. But do you really need it every day, and drink yourself under the table once a week? Modesty is the virtue here. Enjoy. But dont get drunk.
- warnings of coffeine.
- calls for eating more sweetfruits (contains fructose)

There is so much missionising being done now, so much cult that it all gets turned into, so much zealous pedantery and call for self-optimization. To hell with these people. And much of that is again just a new form of money-making. Or is a simpe new mode/vogue.

Practice modesty with consuming the unhealthy things that nevertheless make fun (sweets). Avoiding those that simply accumlate health hazards over the years (Omega-6 fatty acids). Avoiding fanatism (ideologically founded vegetarianism, veganism). Do more of the good stuff: fish, vegetable, Omega-3, salt, good fats, certain supplements.

And a simple, compass: avoid high insuline spikes and also many insuline spikes. Eat less, and eat less often. Dont eat all day long. Try just one or two main meals instead of three meals plus half a dozen snack times.

Do not eat by habit or becasue "it is the time". If you are not hungry or have no appetite, then simply dont eat.

------------

But also this:

If you do not enjoy your life, what use then is in having a long life...?

Have fun, whatever fun means for you as long as it is not at the cost of others. And that relates to eating, enjoying food and taste and accept your appetite. Rejoice.

Modesty for president!

Last edited by Skybird; 01-25-23 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-30-23, 02:20 AM   #58
Jimbohere
Cadet

Downloads: 0

Quote:
My biggest points to consider, are these:
- plenty of Omega 3- oil and reducing every practically available source of Omega-6, which exlcudes all plant oils, and I mean avoiding them ALL. You still will consume some Omega.6, and if it is some, then it is oka,y becasue some Omega-6 we essntially need for sure. Just not in relations ot Omega 3 exceeding a ration of 3:1 or so. Most Westsern people have ratios in the range form 15:1 to 35-50:1...!!! That is like rust in your health. It corrodes you.
- controlling carbohydrates - you simply do not really need any, they are not essential. You can live perfectly healthy without any carbohydrates at all. The body just rpefers them for quiock energy-making, but you can as well gain energy from keton-bodies the body makes form good fats. You can healthily live without sugars. But not without fats.
- healthy fats instead: organic butter, organic gee, MCT oils and coconut oi, olive oil extra vergine and of good quality, fishoil, organically raised animal fats.
- not turning vegan and not even vegetarian, but keeping meat consummation modest. Non-red meat preferred, but must not be completely avoided.
- plenty of fish and sea fruit.
Completely agree on your list. Fully cutting carbs is not that great though, at least for average Joe. But controlling is necessary: a lot of people have insanely imbalanced diet, something like 70% carbs, 10% protein and 20% fat. As long as you do your ratios right(something like 35% protein, 35% carb, 30% fat) you should be good in general. But people really suck at counting their percentages most of the time and end up overeating on carbs and undereating on protein/fats.
Jimbohere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 09:55 AM   #59
Skybird
Soaring

Carbs should be cut down, but I see zero need to also have them at any minimum of 30 or 35%. Cut them down as much as you wish. If not eating bread every day and have a strict control on sweets, softdrinks and snacking, maybe also cutting down on additons to the warm meal of the da ylike pasdta, potatoes, rice, then that alreeady would be very good. No harm in havign all energy comign from fat only, none from carbs. It sjust that a zero carb reigme is hard to sustain, you have to give up too many tasty temptations. That's what made me leaving pretty keto-based status after one and a half year. Result was that I gained 3-4 kilos again, after having lost 15 kg before.

But dont eat often, stop eatign if you are not hungry anymore, do not eat by habit or according to timetable. Do not eat all day long, meals and snacks counted. I uusally cut it to two eatig n time sa day, a ver yloight breakfast at nooon, and a warm mela in early evening. Any desire for chocolate I cramp into the hours near these two time points, so that I have slightly higher insuline on these times, but only two insuline spikes over the day. If there were just one rule allowed , the n nti would be: eat in an insuline-controlling way: Fewer spikes with lower amplitudes. Eat less often. Eat less on the occasion. But do not allow hunger or overwhelming appetite for taste. The first brings you into an emergency metabolic state and you eat less and gain weight nevertheless, the second consumes your longtime compliance until its zero again. Try to cover as much of your energy needs by fats and oils, not by carbs, as your mentality and appetite allows. Do not give in to just every minor desire. And: no treats and rewards, two days starving, rewarding sweet excess on the third. Thats nonsense!
Old 02-01-23, 10:20 AM   #60
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I grew up with following saying

Eat like an emperor in the morning.
Eat like a Prince in the afternoon
Eat like a poor in the evening.

And eat variated from the food pyramid.

Markus

My little lovely female cat