SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-08-21, 09:36 PM   #1
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default Less murky water and camera mods

I am looking for a couple of mods that are compatible with FORTSU:
1. A mod that makes the water as clear as possible (love looking at my boat underwater). I have one (Webster's 300' underwater visibility for 1.5) but as I understand it it's for stock/GFO only.
2. A mod that allows one to zoom in more than what FORTSU affords. I have "FJB Camera Mod for Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1" but as the name implies it's for GFO only.
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 12:13 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You should be able to use Websters water mod in FotRSU without too much trouble. Try it and see what it does. If memory is serving reliably today (always suspect), there are several FotRSU users that have activated that mod without ill effect. Perhaps some one of them will stop by and comment. If you go to do it prior to that, just add only that mod, and try FotRSU again. Do a Single Mission with enemy close by, and see if they detect you easier, which they shouldn't be able to find you any easier with the mod (famous last words)...

As for the zoom mod, again it should function with FotRSU, but it will trash the work that CapnScurvy did to "standardize" all of the views for the player in the game. Every view has the same FOV and proper "zooms" for targeting, making all views as accurate as possible. If you are doing auto-targeting, there really should not be much of an issue. Just be aware of the changes.

If you do activate the mods, please post in the FotRSU release thread, and let us know your experience with them in that thread. If others do the same, and we find that they are "safe" to put on top of an FotRSU activation, we can "certify" their use with FotRSU. Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 02:30 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar Re: What propbeanie said...

+1

As propbeanie pointed out... the mod set in question, can be found here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=152907

The version I used was the latest, which would be (to the best of My knowledge... at any rate... ) v2, of that mod set.

The subset mod from v2 that I used was:

light fog v2 + 100' visibility

I used that one, with I do believe, with every mod mix of SH4... & at 1 time, I had 10 mixed SH4's... I have since then, pared that down. FotRS-U-EN v1.39 &... I think I had it added in with v1.46 (but can't confirm or refute that, since I have neither any more in the SH4 megamods folder any more... having kept just v1.6? Preview, currently... ) soo...

Currently the only 1 that I know of, that I still have that added to, is My "Op. Monsun: Dark Waters v6

Can confirm that using that mod, I had no issues with having it in the mix.

Hope that this info, is helpful...

M. M.