SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-16, 02:11 PM   #16
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsomnia View Post
I'd call it a great tech demo but a gamble trying a kickstarter on basically co-op only.

The mesh controls are REALLY smooth and the audio for them set up well.

Definitely has a future I just worry about a failing kickstarter for you, but I hope all goes well so development can continue and speed up.

Is it a realism choice to have no GUI at all?
We are aware that the project is not ideal for a Kickstarter campaign, but we do not have much choice at this point. We really need the funding in order to finish the game.

The lack of GUI is in fact a realism choice. We decided on this design in order to enhance the feeling of really being on the sub. We belive that a first-person game like ours really benefits from it.

/Einar
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 02:43 PM   #17
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

how did i have missed this so long ?

everything i saw on videos is on my likes for a sim !! surelly the best effort i have seen so far !

Amazing work in the hydrophone-radar room something that is really missing !! (especially the hydrophone device totally captured me !)
Amazing work on the map too and especially the ruler with the active accurate range marking plus the relative to boat bearings is exactly what is needed there ! you guys know very well what you are doing !

for the periscope i would like to see a horizontal split prism too for getting AoB and also the rangefinder

Definetely i will put some money to your kickstarter page !

A big bravo to you guys !

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 03:14 PM   #18
Leo_93
Aviator

Downloads: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkvaderStudios View Post
Hi! I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting. We are making a tutorial on how to connect, but it's not finished yet.

We are also adding feedback messages when something goes wrong with the game. Currently, it just fails silently.

Most likely the cause of the connection failure is that the host is behind a firewall that refuses the connection, or that the client is connecting to the wrong IP.

The IP shown when you click show in the game might be a local address if the host is connected via a router. To find the host IP, the host can go to
https://www.whatismyip.com/

How to let the game through the firewall varies between different operating systems. On windows 10, go to the firewall settings. Then select allow an app or feature through windows firewall. Then find hmsmarulken144 in the list and check the checkbox.

I hope this helps!

/Oscar
Thanks for the quick reply Oscar I appreciate it very much, I was only able to do a partial test as currently my friends are offline, however I was able to connect to myself by running 2 instances of the game one on each monitor I was able to join my own game by using the IP listed in the game and also by using the "localhost" option as well but when I tried using the IP listed by the website I could not join my own game so I guess i'll try to continue using the listed IP as my friend and i have tried doing before (btw thats a nice feature to show the IP of your own computer) but since I'm connecting to myself I'm probably bypassing the firewall issue so that must be it. I'll post again with the result of my next attempt when i try to connect to my friend. I hope i can get it to work as i really look forward to some CO OP submarine operation and its the perfect tool to showcase the game to my friends, what better than an interactive demo that you can play.

PS should we always leave the port as 7777 or would that have to be changed for some reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Ok, I am standing by for a crew
IP 199.19.78.115
password: sub
Hey Neal I would love to try and connect to your game, however by now I'm sure I have missed the window in which you were hosting. If you would like to try again sometime this evening say around 7pm central time or perhaps some other time I would be up for it.
Leo_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 09:01 PM   #19
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Ace, I should be available tomorrow all day, stuck in Charlotte, NC and looking for some guys to try this game with. Ping me here or meet me in Teamspeak.
Old 05-27-16, 09:03 PM   #20
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Ok, I am standing by for a crew
IP 192.168.43.34
password: sub

IP changed....
Old 05-28-16, 05:09 AM   #21
Cpt-Maxim
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 62

Im running the sub single handed at the moment, and preparing to be able to understand all the stations in order to help crew when they join in.. also have a teamspeak server ready to go. Send me a pm if interested in setting up a time to join.

The radio room does use real morse code by the way, and allows sending encrypted messages to other subs on various frequencies.. (chat channels with enigma) - big thumbs up!

You may find me on one of these teamspeak servers:
Subsim.com - subsim.teamspeak3.com
WWII Battleground Europe, Allied, - ts.wwiionline.com:9988
Elite Dangerous, Gamers Cove - 82.21.87.49
Cpt-Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 09:18 AM   #22
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

on Subsim's TS now, in the Atlantic room
Old 05-28-16, 12:22 PM   #23
Leo_93
Aviator

hey Neal, I should be able to play in about 2 or 3 hours from the time of this post but perhaps even sooner than that
Old 05-28-16, 12:29 PM   #24
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

ok, cool, I will be standing by. Yell my name, sometimes I cannot tell if it is the game shouting at me for my terrible driving or people in TS. I've already been sunk by aircraft while futzing around in the engine room, what a shock that was!

Be sure you have the game downloaded and installed, once we get in the game I will be glad to assist with playing (from what I know so far).
Old 05-28-16, 01:04 PM   #25
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Well, just tried a coop game with a guy, but we were unable to connect in the game.... I have sent a message to the devs, maybe they can provide a procedure.
Old 05-28-16, 02:20 PM   #26
Leo_93
Aviator

hmm I wonder if you were running into the same problem my friend and I were running into, the devs have suggested it may be a firewall issue and that they are currently working on a tutorial. I believe I have allowed the game through the firewall but I have been unable to test this so far. also I wish the firewall and Norton were a little more transparent in what it blocks cause I could never find evidence of it blocking the game before I made changes to the settings but I guess it could also have been my friends firewall blocking him from connecting to me also.
Old 05-28-16, 03:16 PM   #27
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

If you have the time, I could recommend visiting the HMS Nordkaparen which is a museum sub in Gothenburg. It could be most useful for getting the interior of the sub looking right. There is also the U-3 in Malmö.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 03:35 PM   #28
Cpt-Maxim
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 62

I am in subsim teamspeak now, ready to test multiplayer - and can stay for a few hours.

Edit: Over the internet didn't work with two people who came on teamspeak, but we are now looking to try LAN in our own homes by running two pc's.. to confirm that portion of the networking is "working or not". Will update later.

(I hosted and port forwarded 7777 and setup my internal ip to be used as seemed necessary)

You may find me on one of these teamspeak servers:
Subsim.com - subsim.teamspeak3.com
WWII Battleground Europe, Allied, - ts.wwiionline.com:9988
Elite Dangerous, Gamers Cove - 82.21.87.49

Last edited by Cpt-Maxim; 05-28-16 at 04:34 PM.
Cpt-Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-16, 04:21 PM   #29
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Default Setting up the game

Several people have contacted us and reported that they cannot connect through the internet.

It seems that the (poorly documented) library we used to make the networking portion of the game doesn't handle NAT punchthrough natively, meaning that if the host is behind a router, the connection will fail.

This means that the host will have to configure their router to forward the port to the internal IP address in order for the game to connect properly.

We are working on solving this issue.

If you don't want to configure the router (or if that for some reason doesn't work) you can use a program like Evolve (https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome)
to create a virtual private network. That will take care of this issue.

Instructions:
http://hmsmarulken.se/HowToJoin.html

We want to stress that this is a workaround to the problem, and not a permanent solution!
Old 05-29-16, 04:26 PM   #30
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
If you have the time, I could recommend visiting the HMS Nordkaparen which is a museum sub in Gothenburg. It could be most useful for getting the interior of the sub looking right. There is also the U-3 in Malmö.
That sounds great! We did get a tour of the modern sub HMS Gotland last year, but the older ones would be better!

Tags
co-op, indie, kickstarter, subsim, u-boat