SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-17, 05:02 PM   #1
Beastie boy
Nub

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default Installing mods help please!!!!!!!!!

So After a long absence I have decided to get back into Silent hunter 4 for something different to do.

I had TMO 2.5 & RSRD installed but for some reason kept crashing on startup. no matter what I did.

So cleaver Guy than i am...... I uninstalled SH4. Then found out I've lost my original disc. . So off i trundle to the dreaded site that is UPlay and buy the gold version. Yay it installs.

So i install JSGME and set up the mods in my mod folder. Install the mods. TMO first RSRD then the patch and then the optical fixes. So it crashes again.
So i uninstall everything and the game starts. Finally worked out it was the optical fixes that was killing the game.

Feeling very good with my self I start it up and it looks wrong from what I remember. There was no TMO splash screen on the load screen and the torp tube and dials all look stock.

So i uninstall everything except TMO and still no changes. So what the hell am I doing wrong? I even tried RFB and that looks stock as well and i get the stock loading screen. Is there an installation guide for an old codger like me please? I#ve tried re-downloading all the mods but doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BB

BB
Beastie boy is offline   Reply With Quote