SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-10, 04:54 PM   #16
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi79 View Post
Thanx col_Kurtz I'm without a need for help I have learned to use the KiUB with surprisingly deadly and accurate results, I love that you can gauge speed so much quicker and easier than using a calculator even!

I think Karamazovnew AOBF 16-9 res is included in patch 4 or 5 of OMEGU but you still need to install it seperately as it's an optional mod maybe? only for those playing in specific resolutions...
Logically speaking the same dial should work for any resolution as the degree calculations never change, I think the problem is that the degree marks in the scope in different resolutions are in fact, different lengths. As an example : 3 degrees length in 1024/768 = 3.8 degrees length in 1440/900 (made up on the spot I have no idea about the real values) thus requiring a slightly modified dial for different screen ratios.

I speak from experience when I say if you are trying to learn how to use it, it is extremely frustrating if the piece of equipment is giving you incorrect data from correct inputs! So, if you find that you seem to be doing everything right as in the tutorials and yet you never score a hit, then try enabling the alternate resolution AOBF (or disabling it) because when it is working correctly it is nearly impossible to miss.
Yeah, probably you right. I sent you to Karamazov for resolution tips, not for: how to use KIUB
My res is very poor 1280x1024 (so I don`t need 16-9) and no manual targeting It`s to hard for me "How to..." in English... I don`t got it

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote